Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
myblubear
dakota getting ready for yet another great trip to disney

Free dinning while staying at the camp ground

Why don't they offer the free dinning plan if you stay at the camp ground?
myblubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
happycamper47
Earning My Ears

The cost comes out of each Resorts budget and since you are allowed up to 10 people on a campsite it would be to costly.
happycamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
serenitygr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper47 View Post
The cost comes out of each Resorts budget and since you are allowed up to 10 people on a campsite it would be to costly.
I wish they could offer it for "up to x number of people" like they do the value resorts-- the cost to stay seems comparable...
serenitygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
RoyalBlunders
Always a Princess but by no means Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitygr View Post
I wish they could offer it for "up to x number of people" like they do the value resorts-- the cost to stay seems comparable...

This is a really good idea~Then they could offer an option to buy in for the remaining number of people at your site. We use to only visit when FDD was offered and now as a family of 6 we probably will only stay at the fort to keep it budget friendly. Thankfully our kiddos all say they love the Fort more then any other resort but they also love eating in the castle and I love eating in the castle free
Jan.2007-Pop Century * Sept.2008-All Star Music * Aug.2009-Off Site * Feb.2010-Saratoga Springs * Jan.2011-Disneyland * July 2011-Disneyland * Dec.2011-POR!! First time for the Holidays!!! * Aug 2012 Fort Wilderness Campsites-First time RV!
RoyalBlunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitygr View Post
1) I am sure this might work.
2) But, your site would probably be $150+/nite.
3) About the same orice as a resort room.
4) Not a good trade-off.
TheRustyScupper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
RoyalBlunders
Always a Princess but by no means Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) I am sure this might work.
2) But, your site would probably be $150+/nite.
3) About the same orice as a resort room.
4) Not a good trade-off.
For my big family I would be willing to pay the $150/night to get the free dining. It's always over $100 for us to do a character meal and when we go on the FDD we do multiple character dining meals. It's over $40 just when we eat at Casey's Corner at MK and that's just hotdogs and fries. But if they were charging more I would hope that would include my whole family of 6 and not just be the quick service dining but the full dining plan. It would be neat to just try it and price it out.
Jan.2007-Pop Century * Sept.2008-All Star Music * Aug.2009-Off Site * Feb.2010-Saratoga Springs * Jan.2011-Disneyland * July 2011-Disneyland * Dec.2011-POR!! First time for the Holidays!!! * Aug 2012 Fort Wilderness Campsites-First time RV!
RoyalBlunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
Betty Rohrer
DIS Veteran

even if you can not get free dining you can buy it for your site. will it cost less than to get a family suite to get the free dining that is the question.
Betty Rohrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

For our sakes hope they don't offer DDP across the board at FW, especially raising prices to do so. Hubby & I would definitely be losers And yes, you definitely *pay* for *free* dining. Some people might would come out ahead if they have a large family, and still pay rack rates.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #9
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBlunders View Post
For my big family I would be willing to pay the $150/night to get the free dining. It's always over $100 for us to do a character meal and when we go on the FDD we do multiple character dining meals. It's over $40 just when we eat at Casey's Corner at MK and that's just hotdogs and fries. But if they were charging more I would hope that would include my whole family of 6 and not just be the quick service dining but the full dining plan. It would be neat to just try it and price it out.

1) That's is why you can't get Free Dining at a campsite.
2) WDW would lose megabucks.
3) As for the resorts, EVERY guest subsidizes FD throughout the year.
4) Or, the resort would lose money.
TheRustyScupper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

I have never bought the dining plan. I have used it 2 times when they said it was free with my resort. We have figured out we would just break about even if we were lucky. Because we hardly ever eat desert after a meal and that was a waste. I gave some away & threw some away! It really wouldn't save us any money. But I do understand why some would buy it after using it a couple of times. It would secure your food for your stay, as long as everyone just eats two meals a day on it. Everyone would have a snack a day and their Disney cup for free refills at their resort. But I think I would get more use out of the dining plan when I stay at a hotel. At the Fort theres just not that many places to grab something to eat. I guess they think we all cook all the time! LOL! I know you can purchase some quick food down at the pool, Trails End has the carry out chicken, Pizza, and a buffet(can't purchase buffet on the Quick Dining). But it would be nice if you could purchase a carry out meal from their buffet, for example a choice of 1 meat and 2 vegetables or desert, or 3 vegetables for one quick dining credit or cash for $8-10. Our Shoneys, Walmart & Food City grocery store even do this! Trails End is cooking anyway!
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: