Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
Dancing_Nancy
Mouseketeer

Help! Book now or wait until onboard?

I'd love to have some input--DIS has never let me down

We're planning a 4-night cruise on the Dream in October with some friends. We're all ready to book. However, we'll be on the Fantasy in March.

My question is: should we go ahead and book the October cruise now, or gamble and wait until we're onboard to book? Obviously with the 10% discount and onboard credit, we'd love to wait. But I'd hate the possibility of waiting until March only to see the fares go up negating any discount.

Any thoughts???
Dancing_Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing_Nancy View Post
I'd love to have some input--DIS has never let me down

We're planning a 4-night cruise on the Dream in October with some friends. We're all ready to book. However, we'll be on the Fantasy in March.

My question is: should we go ahead and book the October cruise now, or gamble and wait until we're onboard to book? Obviously with the 10% discount and onboard credit, we'd love to wait. But I'd hate the possibility of waiting until March only to see the fares go up negating any discount.

Any thoughts???
can't imagine fares would go up during an off season time like October...can't you do both? (ala the dummy cruise everyone talks about)??
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Book now to lock in a rate and then re-shop it on your March cruise to see if you can get a better deal.

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
Dancing_Nancy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
Book now to lock in a rate and then re-shop it on your March cruise to see if you can get a better deal.
Can you tell me what you mean about re-shopping while onboard? Could I just upgrade my reservation in order to take advantage of the 10% discount and onboard credit?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
tajz90
Mama D

I'm not sure of Disney's policy now, but we booked an Alaskan Cruise a few years ago and transferred reservation to discount and OBB the next time we sailed. We were able to keep same reservation number and same room.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing_Nancy View Post
Can you tell me what you mean about re-shopping while onboard? Could I just upgrade my reservation in order to take advantage of the 10% discount and onboard credit?
You just take your existing reservation information to the Future Cruise desk and they check to see the current rates. If it's better with the 10% off and OBC, they take care of things for you. I'm not sure of the exact details, hopefully someone who has more info can come along and better explain it.

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
Dancing_Nancy
Mouseketeer

That would be great! I know you can do that with your WDW reservations, but I didn't realize you could do that with DCL as well. That would be perfect! Anyone else have this same experience?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #8
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Simply fill in a quote request form the first day and drop it in the box. Note your reservation number. They will leave a note in your room that first night with what the price onboard would be and if it is less, offer to switch it for you if you call and leave a message to confirm to use the same CC on file. Very easy!

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post

This.

I did this for my 2014 Fantasy cruise. I got opening day rates, then I rebooked while on board. The price had not changed, so I came out further ahead. I have cancelled the original cruise, and am waiting for the refund.

I would go ahead and book. That way IF the price does go up, you can be the judge of what the better price would be. The original, OR the discounted with the OBC and possible price increase.

Happy shopping

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: