Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 02:03 AM   #1
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Switching Resorts how to transfer luggage

Hi All,

I am staying at the All Star Music one night until my friends get in the next day. Then we are all saying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. How can I get myself (well I know how to get there) and my luggage to AKL from All Star? I did this a few years ago but can remember if we just taxi'd it or took Disney Transportation. I dont mind if i have to cart my luggage around it will only be 1 suitcase and a carry on well 2 with my camera bag. I would prefer not to have to pay for a taxi if I dont have too.

Thanks all!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Give your luggage to bell services and ask them to transfer it for you. Otherwise you will have to take a cab because luggage is not allowed on Disney transportation.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

I didnt know luggage was not allowed. I picked up a buddy of mine at DTD when he got off the Lynx bus from the airport (prior to DME). We rode it back to Pop. He's another airline guy so all he had was 1 rollaboard.

Id say a Cab is the quickest and easiest way.

Clint
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Shelly is right. If you give your bags to bell services, they'll arrange for them to get to AKL. It will NOT be fast, however. It will be in the later part of the afternoon before they arrive at AKL. If that's not a problem, you're golden.

My daughter did a switch from ASMu to BWV after her band trip a couple of years ago. I came down the day before her last day and checked into BWV; she checked out of ASMu and had her bags transferred. They were there when we got back around 5:30.

Another time, we switched from Pop to Fort Wilderness. Because I had a computer and we wanted to get over to FW early, we got a cab and carted our own luggage. That worked fine, too, and wasn't expensive.

W/R/T luggage on the bus, I think the bus drivers at DTD are little more lenient than at other locations because some of the stores actually sell luggage and if resort guests weren't allowed to take their purchases on the bus, there would be problems. I've seen luggage -- both recently purchased and for people who seemed to be moving from a DTD resort to a WDW resort -- on buses there.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: