Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
jimmyc0000
Mouseketeer

Picking up Kids at Orlando Airport MCO ?

Hi,
We have to pickup my Daughter and her family at the Orlando airport. They will be flying Jetblue. We would like to park, meet them, help them with there baggage and then to the car. Is there any tips you can help us with to make this easier ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks..
jimmyc0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

If you are staying onsite why not let them take the Magical Express and you won't have to deal with the luggage. Disney will deliver it to their room.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Know what side of the airport their baggage carousels are on. As you approach, there are separate roadways and parking lots for the A side and the B side. Imagine an array of loop the loops to drive to the other side of the football stadium if you happened to drive in on the wrong side.

Meanwhile, passengers getting off the airport trams and exiting security will come into the rectangular main terminal at one end or the other, almost halfway between the A side and the B side.

Figure out exactly where you will meet. Keep in mind that many carousels look alike. Many escalators look alike. This can cause confusion if you are not careful. Also there are two of some of the stores so arranging to meet "in front of The Disney Store" does not guarantee an unambiguous meeting place.

Have cell phones charged and ready. They can be a lifesaver when trying to rendezvous.

You really do not get a half hour of free parking. If you are unable to get out within 29 minutes, the next increment of time is front end loaded, like Disney park tickets, so the effective cost per hour is not reduced. Meeting family is not an appropriate time to beat the clock.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 01-30-2013 at 07:22 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I 'believe' Jetblue arrives on Side A so you would have to go to that side and park your car. My best advice would be to meet them at baggage claim.. That's what my son did and it worked beautifully.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: