Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
auntread
DIS Veteran

Magical Express after 10pm question

Hi folks, we will be flying in this trip for the first time since 2004 so this is our first time using Magical Express. well of course the only flight i can get arrives at MCO at 1130pm. So i know we have to go get our bags and bring them to the bus ourselves. my question is: where is the bus located? is there a counter in the airport that you check in with first or do we go outside and look for the bus? this is probably answered in the booklet that will be mailed to me, but i feel better knowing as soon as possible. thanks.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

The Magical Express Welcoming Area (with counter) is on the B side of the rectangular airport main terminal, lowest level (level 1) near the corner away from the Hyatt hotel.

About half the A side flights and half the B side flights are at that end (gates 1-59). The trams let you off in the main terminal top level (level 3) more or less halfway between the A side and B side.

If your airline's carousels are on the A side then you must come back up to the top level, cross over, and then go downstairs on the B side.

You check in at the counter and the CM directs you to the (indoor) queue for your bus; sometimes a roving CM comes up to you and directs you to the proper queue.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 01-26-2013 at 06:30 PM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

A good way to remember where the bus is, that its on the B side B for Bus. Take the elevator to the ground transporation level.

There is a check in counter inside. Have your bus coupon ready to show them and will check you in and direct you to the bus. There will be que lines for each resort. Enter the line for you resort and at the end of the line will be a CM who will direct you to the bus. At this point everyone in your travel party will need to show the bus driver the bus coupon so he can scan it and allow you to board the bus. The bus driver will put the luggage under the bus for you.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

By the way, do NOT put the magical express luggage tags on your luggage.

We're coming in after midnight and I really should just put those tags away to make sure no one forgets and puts them on. I hope that I would notice, but sillier things have happened, LOL.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

It's very easy to get to. There will be directions in your packet and a map. Get off the plane, go to the shuttle, get off at the main terminal. Head to level 2 to get your bags. This will be on either Side A or Side B...depends on what airline you arrive on.
Then, you need to be on Side B for DME. Go down to level 1, ground transportation, and you will find DME all the way at the end of the car rental area. Very easy.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
auntread
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your responses. It's good to know that it will be fairly easy, it's just that because the last 8 trips we drove down, i am a bit nervous about all the airport hassle stuff again. and thanks, bumbershoot, about the tags! it makes sense not to put them on, but I would be the type to say - "Oooh I have special DISNEY TAGS!!! Must put them on right away!" I'll make sure to use the other ones they send anyway with my reservation package (plus I have many to choose from years past)
Old 01-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
pigletto
DIS Veteran

We've had a late flight and needed to pick up our own luggage before. It takes a few extra minutes but in the end it was nice that when we checked in late we already had our luggage and could go to bed instead of waiting for a delivery

I believe I went on the Orlando Airport website just before the trip so I could get an idea of where we needed to go. Once you've done that it's all easy
Old 01-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntread View Post
Hi folks, we will be flying in this trip for the first time since 2004 so this is our first time using Magical Express. well of course the only flight i can get arrives at MCO at 1130pm. So i know we have to go get our bags and bring them to the bus ourselves. my question is: where is the bus located? is there a counter in the airport that you check in with first or do we go outside and look for the bus? this is probably answered in the booklet that will be mailed to me, but i feel better knowing as soon as possible. thanks.
What airline are you flying? If we know that, we can tell you whether you'll be on the A or B side of the terminal.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
By the way, do NOT put the magical express luggage tags on your luggage. .
After 10 PM Magical Express yellow tagged bags will also go out to the carousels at the airport.

If you do arrive before 10 PM, say, at 9:55, yellow tagged bags will be handled by DME which may or may not be what you want at that late hour.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: