Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #16
mrsz06
DIS Veteran

I've done the Sunrise Safari and really enjoyed it. We did it in January one year and about froze our butts off. The tour was neat. I liked entering the park in a backstage area and seeing all the Safari trucks back there. As well as the cute little signs that are posted to remind cast memebers to be friendly and smile and what not. I can't remember how long the tour actually lasted but it seems like well over an hour. Our guide was super nice and friendly and had a lot of funny stories to tell about all the animals. It's funny to hear them talke about them and their personalities like they were a dog or something. We got some AWESOME pictures bcause the truck moved at a snails pass and would literally just stop so we could take pictures and watch the animals. There was a baby elephant there at the time and she was running around with a branch in her trunk it was the cuttest thing ever!!! If you every have the chance to stay CL at AKL I would highly recommed it. Also the breakfast you have afterwards is super YUMMY!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #17
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
Another glowing recommendation for Behind the Seeds from me! I loved it- and it's a great tour at an amazing price point!
This is the only tour we've done! It was great, but we're hard pressed to do allthe 'free' things included with admission to do any of the more expensive options. I have a water park ticket I've never used! I never find the time.

If you are looking to vary your WDW trip, consider some of the following, many are free:

AKL offers lots of free daily activites. Of all the resorts, the free activites at AKL are among the most fun. All resorts have some free daily actiites. While some are pedestrian things like watching a movie, other fun freebies are things like marshmallow-roasts Disney style, and restaurant tours. Try touring Jiko!

Get the Hidden Mickey Guide. For a pretty low price, it offfers lots of new WDW discoveries.

At HS, check out the free animation class.

Try one of the new games. Socerers at MK, and Agent P at Epcot. You'll also get to discover lots of hidden spots.

If you are going during the Flower Festival, there are a fair number of extra things to explore.

Spend some time exploring other resorts. Especially Fort Wilderness. They even have a great dinner show- Hoop de Doo. (though that one is not free)

All of the parks have overlooked attractions. If you've never explored the post attraction attractions in rides like Mission:space or Innoventions, check out those.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #18
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

Don't forget to calculate the DVC discount or Disney VIsa discount if you have one into your cost. I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour, which I'm not sure how much it is anymore, but that was fabulous, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #19
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

Not sure what you are into, but my hubby knows a lot about trains. I just like riding them. We are doing the Magic Behind the Steam Trains tour. $49 each. You have to get up early, they meet at 7:15 am, but you get to get in the empty park, see the roundhouse where the trains stay, and ride around the park on the train before its open. Takes about 3 hrs.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...m-trains-tour/

We are also doing Behind the Seeds. (As you might guess we are science and techie types.)
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: