Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #31
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

I just don't get the people that will just ignore rules because it suits them. The rules are in place for a reason as it effects EVERYONE on the ship. Opening your veranda door on a cruise ship is entirely different then opening your balcony door in a hotel. See above post.

For those of you who continue to come up with excuses for your justification in breaking the rules, all I can say is, karma is a ***** and will come back to bite you eventually.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #32
NurseDave
Mouseketeer

Given that, I'm surprised any CM seeing one open doesn't mention it should be closed.

And all you guys stop sucking out my air!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #33
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelnkelly View Post
just a quick clarification, are we talking about leaving the sliding door open all day long or all night long, or simply having it open for a bit while relaxing in the room?

I am only talking about having it open for a brief time either in the morning or night while in the room to enjoy a sea breeze and airing the room out.
I think we're talking about having the door open for longer than it takes to walk out of or into the room. So, "airing the room" would be not acceptable.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 01-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #34
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

What about Alaska? Is the reverse also true -- letting out all the heat?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #35
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
I think we're talking about having the door open for longer than it takes to walk out of or into the room. So, "airing the room" would be not acceptable.
So basically if you walk out onto the verandah in the morning to enjoy the sunrise and leave the door open behind you this is a huge no no.

So basically nobody ever does this. They look at that sign and think "my goodness, if I leave the door open I am causing harm not only to myself but everyone around me".

I dont understand how a few open sliding doors can effect an entire cruise ship, but god forbid karma come back to bite me in the tail because I wanted to enjoy some fresh air.

It must be really cold and miserable in some places that people have to argue over leaving a sliding glass door open in a room. Why dont we argue about people with strollers and the hallways and elevators. that would seem to be more of a issue than this.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #36
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
What about Alaska? Is the reverse also true -- letting out all the heat?
Leaving the door open will affect the climate controls, regardless of where the cruise is.

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 01-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #37
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So basically if you walk out onto the verandah in the morning to enjoy the sunrise and leave the door open behind you this is a huge no no.

So basically nobody ever does this. They look at that sign and think "my goodness, if I leave the door open I am causing harm not only to myself but everyone around me".

I dont understand how a few open sliding doors can effect an entire cruise ship, but god forbid karma come back to bite me in the tail because I wanted to enjoy some fresh air.

It must be really cold and miserable in some places that people have to argue over leaving a sliding glass door open in a room. Why dont we argue about people with strollers and the hallways and elevators. that would seem to be more of a issue than this.
It doesn't directly effect the entire ship. But it does effect the deck/area in the vicinity of the open door. And, if enough of those areas are being compromised, more of the ship is effected.

Yes, people do leave their doors open, despite being asked not to. Yes, it does effect others onboard.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #38
NurseDave
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Sure people do. And apparently the people in the room next to them could be wondering why their room feels humid even though they have the A/C on.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #39
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I dont understand how a few open sliding doors can effect an entire cruise ship, but god forbid karma come back to bite me in the tail because I wanted to enjoy some fresh air.It must be really cold and miserable in some places that people have to argue over leaving a sliding glass door open in a room. Why dont we argue about people with strollers and the hallways and elevators. that would seem to be more of a issue than this.
Per bolded part, obviously you did not read the prior post from an actuall engineer on the ship or you would not be confused.

And again, your excuses and justification just proves my point.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #40
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

I would be worried a seagull would fly into my room.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #41
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje
i would be worried a seagull would fly into my room.
mine mine mine
Old 01-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #42
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspiglet View Post
Per bolded part, obviously you did not read the prior post from an actuall engineer on the ship or you would not be confused.

And again, your excuses and justification just proves my point.
a point that you love to look at people and tell them what is right or wrong, then yes. and yes, i totally believe everything i read or what people post on a message board. get real! LOL

Since you believe everything, did you know that when two rooms that are adjacent to each other if both doors are open at the exact same time on Mondays at noon, that the ship enters a vortex and could be sucked to the bottom of the ocean by the kraken. so please make sure the doors are closed..
Old 01-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #43
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

I sense a thread-lock or clean up coming soon.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #44
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4370

Here is an article that talks about how it uses more energy if guests leave the doors open and it could effect the other rooms, but nobody has strict guidelines. Its just a suggestion not to leave the door open.

So people need to step away from the ledge, its not effecting the entire cruise. These cruise lines want the doors to remain closed due to energy usage. And for those that say you should follow this because it uses less energy tell me when the last time you went on vacation and didnt keep the hotel room colder than you would at home. People go on vacation to enjoy and spoil themselves. now if its causing discomfort to someone else then by all means you should avoid the activity, but if nobody is getting hurt then stop complaining about it.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #45
pyramid2000
Member of the DD Geek invasion of CC
How exacty do you iron on a T-****?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDave View Post
Given that, I'm surprised any CM seeing one open doesn't mention it should be closed.

And all you guys stop sucking out my air!!!
Lol! The thing is, a CM couldn't see that your veranda door was open. I don't get how someone says their room steward didn't say anything to them when theirs was open a lot. They certainly couldn't have been cleaning the room because they couldn't keep the stateroom door open at the same time. And if they happened to knock on your door and saw you had a hard time opening it, well I would guess this would be when they might say something. There are things they let slide because they are dependent on tips and may not want to rock the boat with a guest, but I am sure they would definitely say something if the neighboring stateroom had been complaining about the conditions in their room or if they saw it consistently. I am sure most of the time it is for less than a minute and CMs aren't going to question everything.

What I really don't get is, if you want fresh air, why wouldn't you be out ON the veranda that you paid to have?

1988- 1st trip to WDW/senior class trip : 1990- Carnival cruise from Puerto Rico : 5/00- 3 night CB/4 night Magic : 9/05- 4 night PO/3 night Wonder : 1/06 - 7 night Western Magic: 7/06- 5 night RCCL Explorer (Bermuda):12/09/06- 7 night Magic-DD Geek Party: 8/17/08- 15 night EBPC Magic : 11/01/09- 4 night Wonder:: 2/20/11- 4 night Dream : 11/10/11 - 3 night Dream : 10/13/12 - 7 night Western Fantasy : 04/04/13 - 4 night Miami Wonder : 01/13/14 - 4 night Magic :
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: