Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
jacobsmommy
DIS Veteran

Cozumel beaches:Mr. sanchos or Nachi Cocum???

I am so confused as to which one to pick??? It'll be four adults, a 9 year old boy and a 5 year old girl. I don't know that the kids would use the inflatables but we would love the beach and pool! We will drink and eat I'm sure!!! Which would you choose and why?

[/url]
Cast of our trip: Me DH our 10 year old boy our 6 year old girl
jacobsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Nachi Cocum

I would choose Nachi for sure. It was the best beach day aside from the cruiselines private islands.

They only allow 100 (I think) per day. It's all you can drink. Water, soda, beer, cocktails, and mock tails for the kiddos. You get 3 course lunch, app, entree, and dessert. You get your own palapas with chairs.

It was a nice, quiet and relaxing day. No one was rowdy and I felt comfortable with my DD a few feet away in the ocean. I would book this again in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter how many ships are in port it's still the same amount of people allowed.

I'm sure Mr. Sanchos is nice as well but with alot more people.Especially when there are 4 or 5 ships in port.

If you have any questions about Nachi Cocum just ask.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
hayesfamof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4EEYORE View Post
I would choose Nachi for sure. It was the best beach day aside from the cruiselines private islands.

They only allow 100 (I think) per day. It's all you can drink. Water, soda, beer, cocktails, and mock tails for the kiddos. You get 3 course lunch, app, entree, and dessert. You get your own palapas with chairs.

It was a nice, quiet and relaxing day. No one was rowdy and I felt comfortable with my DD a few feet away in the ocean. I would book this again in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter how many ships are in port it's still the same amount of people allowed.

I'm sure Mr. Sanchos is nice as well but with alot more people.Especially when there are 4 or 5 ships in port.

Can I ask how you got there? We are thinking of going there in a couple months when we are there.... but I have a 6 and 7 year old. No seatbelts or carseats makes me nervous.
*Disney Dream-3 nights-May 19, 2011
hayesfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayesfamof4 View Post
Can I ask how you got there? We are thinking of going there in a couple months when we are there.... but I have a 6 and 7 year old. No seatbelts or carseats makes me nervous.

We took a taxi. It was 20 including the tip for the 3 of us. 5 each plus a 5 tip. They didn't have seatbelts.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
hayesfamof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We took a taxi. It was 20 including the tip for the 3 of us. 5 each plus a 5 tip. They didn't have seatbelts.
$20 each way? How long was the ride?
*Disney Dream-3 nights-May 19, 2011
hayesfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayesfamof4 View Post
$20 each way? How long was the ride?
Yes, it was 4 or 5 per person plus tip and it was each way. We didn't have change with us and he said he didn't have it either. I would take a bunch of ones and fives next time.

It was about a 20-25 min drive. All the beaches are out that way.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
lfran
Earning My Ears

Hi! I would highly recommend Mr Sanchos. We went last May on our last Disney Cruise. I have a 6 & 10 year old (5 & 9 at the time). My kids loved it. The ocean does have higher waves than I expected. I didn't allow the kids to do the water park, the floats are too far out for them. It does look fun for older kids/adults. We did the all inclusive side. It is very clean and excellent service. The food and drinks are excellent. We spent most of the day at the swim up bar. They do have a few shops with local items. I bought 2 hand panted margarita glasses. We purchased them at the end of the day. We took at taxi, about 16.00 USD without tip each way. The taxi did have seat belts but very old. It was a short drive and I felt safe taking the taxi. The port area where Disney docks is a shopping district and is very organized with the taxi system at the end of the shopping area. Mr Sanchos was not crowded on the day we arrived. I was concerned about people drinking too much and acting out in front of my kids. But we didn't experience that on the day we went to Mr. Sanchos. They do have a nice facebook page if you want to check them out.
lfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
macfinn
Chief Vacation Planner and Dis Dad's Club Member #58

neither

Having been to Cozumel with various cruise lines I say stay on the ship and enjoy the no crowds. The taxi'sare dangerous,as they are known to drive 60 in my opinion it just is not worth it.....

macfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #9
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are headed to Nachi Cocom next week! Do they have bottled water included? Were you worried about drinking any of their drinks for fear of getting sick? Thanks.
Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern October 2014
MissDaisyofTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 PM   #10
LoriV
Earning My Ears

We did Nachi Cocum a few years ago and it was great! Very peaceful and relaxing. I really don't like crowded beaches so this was perfect for us. We took a taxi to get there. The taxi driver was fine. I never felt un-safe.
LoriV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #11
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas

We are headed to Nachi Cocom next week! Do they have bottled water included? Were you worried about drinking any of their drinks for fear of getting sick? Thanks.
Yes it was bottled. We even took a bottle for the taxi ride back to the ship. The drinks had ice in it though. I have never hear of anyone getting sick for eating or drinking at Nachi. The food was delicious. Especially the salsa, guacamole, and chips.

Have a great time.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #12
jacobsmommy
DIS Veteran

Is Nachi Cocum all you can eat? Just wondering because my step dad is a big eater and loves to snack and graze throughout the day.

[/url]
Cast of our trip: Me DH our 10 year old boy our 6 year old girl
jacobsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #13
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

No it's not all you can eat. You choose an appetizer, an entree, and dessert from a menu. The portions were decent size.

Is Mr. Sanchos all you can eat?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #14
Buckeye218
DVC Member since 2004

If you do the all-inclusive package, then yes, Mr. Sancho's offers all-you-can-eat and drink. And we definitely took advantage of this.

We went to Mr. Sancho's in June 2012 and had a fantastic time. We would definitely go there again. We were concerned about Paradise Beach because of the crowds and the fact that there were at least 4-5 ships in port that day.

Another poster said that Mr. Sancho's would have a lot more than people than Nachi...well I can tell you that despite being in the middle of summer, there could not have been more than 100 people at Mr. Sancho's that day, and if there were, they must have showed up after we left or they were on the pay-as-you-go side. There is a separate beach area and separate pool for the AI guests. We arrived around 10:30 or so and stayed until 3:00.

The other rumor I'd have to disspell is that Mr. Sancho's is a loud, raucous non-stop party atmosphere. On the day we were there, there was no such party. Lots of families relaxing, laughing, playing. It wasn't ghostly quiet, but it wasn't a frat party either.
Dis Dads Club Member #85

Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern April 2013 Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern September 2006
Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western June 2012 Disney Wonder 4 Night October 2005

Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern March 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Western October 2004
Buckeye218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #15
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

A friend of mine just got back from Cozumel, and they went to Mr. Sancho's for the first time, normally they go to Nachi......she was REALLY disappointed with Mr. Sancho's. She said it didn't even compare to Nachi.

I wonder if it's gone downhill recently?
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: