Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
mlm228
Earning My Ears

LOTS of Dream questions - cruising 5/12

Hello all,

I have a few questions that I am trying to figure out in advance of booking dinners, childcare, and excursions.

We have early seating for dinner. My plan is to book dinner at Remy for my husband and me one night after main dining room. I figure we will take the kids there, drop them at the child centers, and then have dinner at Remy. Would that work?

Also, is the Villian's show always the 2nd night? I know my daughter wouldn't want to go, so I'm thinking it would be best to miss that show, if we have to miss one.

Regarding the child center, can anyone let me know how their kids have enjoyed it? We were thinking of putting them (1yo and 3yo) in the centers for a few hours on the day at sea only if it is something they would enjoy and not only to be able to spend adult, alone time. Any testimonies to whether its a fun place for them or more like just a babysitting situation, I would appreciate it.

Does anyone have 2013 4 day dream navigators? I found a few from the end of 2012, but want to see something more recent if it is available?

We are thinking of doing the Atlantis aquadventure excursion. We have been there before and really think my 3yo daughter will love it. Anyone done it?

Finally, ANY tips and tricks I can be recommended would be greatly appreciated. Really want to take full advantage of all there is on the ship.

Thank you in advance!
mlm228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Unless you rally want to see the dining room that you will be missing, I suggest you do one of 3 things.
Order room service, room service is free but you should tip (there is an extra charge for soft drinks and some prepackage snacks)
Go to Cabanas (it has an almost full menu and is a full service for dinner) it's not as crowded as the main dining rooms and the service is quicker.
Or just pick up some fast food from the pools deck, pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers. You can also get fruit and milk.

Link for the Navigator's
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...-navigator.htm

enjoy your cruise.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlm228 View Post
Hello all,

We have early seating for dinner. My plan is to book dinner at Remy for my husband and me one night after main dining room. I figure we will take the kids there, drop them at the child centers, and then have dinner at Remy. Would that work?
We went to Remy during first seating. Our son had dinner in the kids club. The kids club will serve dinner in the lab. We pre-order his food because of allergies, and everything went well. We had to let the club know that a meal was available and waiting in x dining hall. Check with the club to see what time the kids can eat there. The advice still stands, but with a one year old you may want to feed them earlier with room service or going to Cabanas. Check with the nursery on your first day and check with them about feeding
Quote:

Also, is the Villian's show always the 2nd night? I know my daughter wouldn't want to go, so I'm thinking it would be best to miss that show, if we have to miss one.
On our cruise it was on the 2nd night. Pirate night is typically on the Castaway Cay day, which was our third night. The show on pirate night is typically a comedian or other performer. They also are having the pirate party on deck
Quote:

Regarding the child center, can anyone let me know how their kids have enjoyed it? We were thinking of putting them (1yo and 3yo) in the centers for a few hours on the day at sea only if it is something they would enjoy and not only to be able to spend adult, alone time. Any testimonies to whether its a fun place for them or more like just a babysitting situation, I would appreciate it.
Our 7 year old enjoyed it and our table mates young daughter (3 or 4) enjoyed it. They have a lot of activities. If your kids have been to any type of Child care and are ok with separation they will be fine.
Quote:

Does anyone have 2013 4 day dream navigators? I found a few from the end of 2012, but want to see something more recent if it is available?
I have navigators from 12/9 -12/13. If you need them.
Quote:

We are thinking of doing the Atlantis aquadventure excursion. We have been there before and really think my 3yo daughter will love it. Anyone done it?
Can't answer this, we went to blue lagoon
Quote:

Finally, ANY tips and tricks I can be recommended would be greatly appreciated. Really want to take full advantage of all there is on the ship.
Have the wine paring at Remy, its expensive but makes the meal.
Go to Pink and have a Glass of Moet & Chandon Ice. They will give you a desert pairing with it. Very different.

Quote:
Thank you in advance!

Last edited by ItAllStrtdWAMouse; 01-30-2013 at 11:35 AM.
ItAllStrtdWAMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

The main question is -- is your 3 yo completely PT'd and independent with that. If not, both kids will go to the nursery. It is not set up like the club, as far as being set up with lots of stations and activities, and I do not know if they will feed the kids there.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #5
Mauierlyn
Earning My Ears

My 21 month old nephew had a blast in the nursery. Mickey and Goofy went into to visit one day, we had stories about actives was up to.

We pre-booked all of our time allotted at the nursery before we left, on the first night he passed out at the beginning of dinner and the nursery was able to take him in with no reservation.

We sailed 01/13 to 01/17, I don't remember what night the Villains show was. Do not miss the Pirates in the Caribbean deck parties. The fireworks were not as loud as we expected and didn't scare my nephew at all.
Mauierlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
mlm228
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

Thank you everyone for your responses! I'm so excited about this trip.

A couple of follow ups...

How often did you use the kids' clubs?

Are most of the kids activities through the clubs? For example, on the day at sea, would there be a lot of activities for us to do as a family? or would they benefit from some time at the club?

ItAllStrtdWAMouse, what is the blue lagoon excursion and would you recommend?

Thank you again.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #7
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlm228 View Post
Thank you everyone for your responses! I'm so excited about this trip.

A couple of follow ups...

How often did you use the kids' clubs?
We used it 3 times. Only intended once but son asked to go back, "So Mommy and Daddy could have some adult time." His words not ours.
Quote:

Are most of the kids activities through the clubs? For example, on the day at sea, would there be a lot of activities for us to do as a family? or would they benefit from some time at the club?
Most kids crafts and special activities are in the clubs, but there are events in the D lounge that are for Families. Examples are Disney trivia, towel origami, and some crafts. They also have open house times when the parents can go in with their children. When this happens they move all the secured programing to one side. Either the lab or club. You will have to ask on board. Never could tell when the open activities were versus closed. The only time not much is going on is during the pirate party at night. They have assumed most people are on deck, eating or at the comedy show in the WDW theater.
Quote:

ItAllStrtdWAMouse, what is the blue lagoon excursion and would you recommend?
Blue Lagoon is a small island near Nassau. They filmed part of the movie Splash there. They have Sea lion and Dolphin encounters/swims. You can choose to either interact: pet, kiss and feed the animal or do all this and get in the water with them. With the Dolphin swim they push you through the water with their noses. You basically body surf across the water. You can also go there to use the beach and inflatable play structures. These are slides obstacle courses ect. We did the Dolphin Swim, which was expensive, but definitely worth it. We went on the afternoon excursion. Was nice that we were able to have a carefree morning, but our excursion ended at their closing time. Therefore we did not get to look around the island much. If you want to do anything extra or stay on the island all day, pick the earlier time. We made it back in time to be ready for early dinner, but we had to stay focused and were about 10 minutes late to dinner. Took longer to rotate 3 people through the shower routine.
Quote:

Thank you again.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

Here is the website for the blue lagoon

http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com

Since you have a 1 and 3 yr old they will be too young for the Dolphin swim, but check the age requirements on the encounters.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
mlm228
Earning My Ears

Thank you again!

great info
Old 02-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

Def too young for aquaadventure. We had planned this but our daughter is still not 48 inches
May do dolphin encounter ..

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Disney Coronado Springs/Dream Cruise May 2013
Booked for Fantasy August 2014
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #11
tessa67
Mouseketeer

I have to MAKE my daughter leave the kids club and spend time (or just have a meal) with me.
tessa67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #12
ty_n_cy
Early Summer Dreaming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa67 View Post
I have to MAKE my daughter leave the kids club and spend time (or just have a meal) with me.
Same here. On our first cruise, our daughters were 4 and 5 years old, and our son was 10 years old.

We had to search for our daughters every time, and then they'd complain about coming out. They LOVE it in those clubs. We will be on the same cruise (5/12/13) and it will be our 3rd straight year on a Dream cruise.

The girls practically beg us to bring them on the ship JUST so they can get in the clubs and play. It makes it nice for us to be able to go out and enjoy ourselves for a good portion of the day.

Enjoy!

CY

ty_n_cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #13
churchlady
Mouseketeer

I would love to see the 4 day navigators! There aren't any recent ones available. What are the possible dining rotations on the 4 day? April 7th is coming up quick!

WDW April 2003
Land/Sea Beach Club, Disney Wonder April 2005
Disney Magic 7 day Western May 2006
1st timeto Disneyland/ DLH October 2006

WDW Contemporary June 2007

Disney Magic 7 day Eastern TORTOLA/POLY May 2009

DCL 3 day Dream/BWI November 2011
DCL 4 day Dream April 2013

DH, me, dd 16, dd18, dd20
churchlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #14
Disneyfirstimers2013
Mouseketeer

I would love to see a recent navigator as well. Question about booking Palo for dinner. Is this typically done in advance? I would like to eat there on the night we aren't in the main dining rooms, but won't know that until we board. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Disneyfirstimers2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream, kids club, remy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: