Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
sammsma
Earning My Ears

3 weeks out...questioning ADRs

We leave for WDW in just under 3 weeks and I'm starting to question some of the ADRs I've made. I made most of them at exactly 180 out and have been excited about them for months, but as the time goes by and we get closer to our vacation, I'm starting to wonder if I made the right choices. I will be traveling with DH, DD14, DD9 and DD5. DH, DD9 and DD5 are all picky eaters. DD14 and I are up for anything and are excited about trying new things. We went to WDW last year for a short 4 day vacation last February and my younger DDs lived mostly on chicken nuggets and french fries. I made some of our ADRs hoping they'd branch out a bit, but now I'm nervous they won't. Anyone care to offer any input on our current schedule? Maybe it will help me decide what to do!

Day 1- Arrive in Orlando at 10:45am. We will have been up and traveling since 3:30-4:00am, so it's likely we will grab something at the airport or at the POR food court for lunch. 5:35pm ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe

Day 2- Our Epcot Day. We plan to be there at or before the 9am opening. 1:10 ADR at Biergarten

Day 3- Animal Kingdom. Arriving at or before the 9am opening.
12:35 ADR at Tusker House.

Day 4- Magic Kingdom Day (finally!) 8:10am ADR for CRT. Park opening at 9am that day. ADR for the Dessert Party that evening.

Day 5- No park plans. A go with the flow day. Planning to sleep in and then visit DTD or a park or hang out at the resort. 6:50pm ADR for 'Ohana

Day 6- Magic Kingdom Day 8:50 ADR for Crystal Palace.

Day 7- No ADRs. Planning another day at Animal Kingdom.
sammsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Personally speaking, I think your ADRs sound fine.
ErinsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

your adr's are making me hungry, so I think great choices
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

I think you have chosen some great restaurants. We particularly like 'Ohana for dinner and Crystal Palace for breakfast. There'll be something for all of your picky eaters at all of the places you've chosen. If they feel like branching out, they can, but there will be your standard fare at these places as well. The only one I'm uncertain of is Tusker House. We've not eaten there, but typically Disney has your standard nuggets, pizza, mac-n-cheese, etc. at buffets to satisfy pickier tastes so I think you'll be fine.

You've got great picks, so stop worrying! Hope you have a wonderful trip!
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
DCbride
DIS Veteran

You have some of my favorites!

Biergarten is the only one that I feel is adventurous...and this is only because DH refuses to go there because he doesn't stray from "food he can identify." I am not sure if you had to place a credit card hold on that - if not, you can always change your mind. There are so many places in Epcot! (especially if your younger ones plan to eat chicken nuggets!) How about Coral Reef for something different, yet "regular" food?

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop, AoA, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

We found tons of regular food at Biergarten...roasted chicken, potato salad, mac-n-cheese, roasted potatoes, plain & pretzel rolls just to name a few. I think you'll be fine.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #7
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Tusker House is the only one I don't care for, but the rest sound great!!!! Go and have a great time.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

They look good to me! I think most of those places have options on the kids menu that the picky eaters would like, even if they're not willing to be a little more adventurous.
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
Peachkins
Mouseketeer

I think they look fine too. You've planned your ADRs so that you're in the same park that day that you'll be eating in, so you won't have a lot of running around. A lot of your choices are buffets, so even your picky eaters should be okay. As another poster said, I think even the more unusual buffets like the Biergarten have "kid-friendly" options like hot dogs and mac and cheese. There's definitely opportunity for them to try new things, but they won't starve if they don't.

Peachkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:11 AM   #10
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

Looks great! You picked most of our tried and true favorites - 50's Prime Time Cafe, Biergarten and the Crystal Palace. Have a great time!

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #11
Mamu

DIS Veteran
A perennial favorite
My children call me "Mud Duck"

I also think your ADR a fine.

Have a Magical Vacation.

Mamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #12
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Your ADRs are great. We do Biergarten, CRT, Tusker House, and Crystal Palace every trip. We've done 50s the last couple of trips. The only one on your list we've never tried is Ohana. I don't consider Biergarten adventurous. DD (6) has always been a very picky eater, and at age 3, she ate more at Biergarten than I think I have ever seen the kid eat at any meal anywhere. She has always ranked Biergarten right up there with Princess meals too. She loves the band and getting out on the dance floor. We are happy because she always eats well there. DH loves it there too. If I didn't book that one on any trip, I would be in huge trouble. I think the most adventurous may be Tusker House lunch. The breakfast is pretty standard, but the lunch does branch out quite a bit. I still think there are enough options on the lunch buffet to keep everyone happy. We had 3 kids 6 and under there, and none of them complained. We have a hard time choosing whether to do breakfast or lunch there since they now have the characters at both. I'd say just relax and see what happens. The worst that can happen is that you wind up having to go buy some extra chicken nuggets or a Mickey head ice cream bar somewhere, if they leave hungry.

Just FYI, in case it comes up with any of your kids, DD wanted fried chicken at 50s, not the kid's nuggets, and they do not have that on the kid's menu. I was prepared to just cough up the money to buy her the adult meal, but the server said even though it was not on the menu, they could do a kid sized fried chicken meal and that they did that quite a bit for people because a lot of kids seemed to want the fried chicken like their parents were getting.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
sammsma
Earning My Ears

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the boost in confidence. I think I'm going to keep all but one of my ADRs. After talking with DD14 today and realizing that she's not thrilled about the menu at 'Ohana (we already know DH and the two little girls aren't going to eat much), I'm going to cancel our dinner reservation. Not sure what we'll replace it with, but I'm going to start looking now.
sammsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #14
amym2
DIS Veteran

Love your ADRs! Bummer about 'Ohana, it's one of our favorites. Does the family not like meat very much? I could have just eaten the noodles and bread pudding and would have been perfectly content. But the rest of it was good, too.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #15
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Excellent choices! Not a bad one in the bunch.

Have a great time!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: