Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
familylovesmickey
Earning My Ears

closest store to POP

How far away is the closest Walmart or grocery store to POP century?
familylovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

This is the walmart I use.

Been there on both of my last trips. Very easy to get to but make sure your gps is set to avoid the toll road or carry plenty of change (the road BEHIND the store to gets back to disney, it's a exact change toll road LOL luckily I had the right amount of quarters) however there is a short and easy non toll option as well. It was maybe 15 minutes from the epcot area.

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #5420
3250 Vineland Road
Kissimmee, FL 34746
(407) 397-1125

Large, clean, prices are reasonable (as in I live in midamerica where price of living is low and while more expensive then home, not unreasonably more), liquor store (i didn't buy so don't know the prices), Subway (makes a great first night dinner to grab a bag of subs and get a chips and soda in the store), they also have a large disney section so a great place to pick up a few inexpensive souvieneers. I picked up water, beer, milk, chips/snacks and souvineers and spent less than 30 bucks.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
bratgirl
Earning My Ears

There is a Wal Mart right off I-4. On 4 head like you are going toward Orlando and get off at the Sea World exit. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp. At the light turn right. You will be on a road going east parralleling westbound I-4. You will go about 2 miles and Wal Mart will be on your left. No tolls. Easy to get to and easy to get back to Disney. Go there all the time when at Disney
bratgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratgirl View Post
There is a Wal Mart right off I-4. On 4 head like you are going toward Orlando and get off at the Sea World exit. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp. At the light turn right. You will be on a road going east parralleling westbound I-4. You will go about 2 miles and Wal Mart will be on your left. No tolls. Easy to get to and easy to get back to Disney. Go there all the time when at Disney
You can also get there the "back" way. DTD to Hotel Plaza, left onto 535, right on Palm Parkway. Palm Parkway turns into Turkey Lake road. (Walmart is on Turkey Lake).
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

there is a Publix closer

turn left out of Pop (traffic light) - pass AoA -then turn left at next traffic light - Osceola Parkway - in front of the Gaylord (big hotel you can't miss it) turn right - Publix will be on your left - immediately after the overpass

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
familylovesmickey
Earning My Ears

You guys are great! Thank you. Just now realized that I posted this question twice. I am still new at doing this so hopefully people will bare with me.
familylovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: