Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
zoicca
Earning My Ears

Likelihood of Splash Mountain Opening Early?

Hey, I leave the day Splash Mountain is scheduled to finish refurbishment. It would be great if they finished a day or 2 early. Is this naive wishful thinking, or is there a good shot of this happening?

Sadly, last time I was in Disneyland (2 years ago), Splash Mountain was closed there too. Would really love to squeeze a ride in but I doubt I can. Do I have any hope?
zoicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoicca
Hey, I leave the day Splash Mountain is scheduled to finish refurbishment. It would be great if they finished a day or 2 early. Is this naive wishful thinking, or is there a good shot of this happening?

Sadly, last time I was in Disneyland (2 years ago), Splash Mountain was closed there too. Would really love to squeeze a ride in but I doubt I can. Do I have any hope?
There is almost no chance it will open early for all guests, but you may get lucky with a soft opening. There will be no way to know unless you ask at the ride itself the days you are there.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The following is important to answer your question.

Cast Scheduling (as well as payroll) is based on a Sunday through Saturday week. I will use the week February 1 through 7, 2009 as my example for timing.

The Cast hours and work assignments for the week are posted into the various systems on Sunday January 25th.

The Schedulers work on the schedule for Feb 1-7 during the week January 18 to 24 so the information can be posted in a timely manner.

If an attraction which has been closed is scheduled to be reopened any time during the February 1 to 7 week, notification to the Schedulers must be no later than January 17. And normally the first day of operation after a rehab tends to be on a Sunday.

Here is where the key to the whole thing comes in. If an attraction has been planned to be opened during the week starting February 1st and it is decided to open the attraction earlier, then a firm management decision must be made and given to the Schedulers no later than January 10th if the opening will be any time during the week of January 25th.

So just completing a rehab a few days early cannot affect the opening date unless it is known at least three weeks before completion.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
The following is important to answer your question.

Cast Scheduling (as well as payroll) is based on a Sunday through Saturday week. I will use the week February 1 through 7, 2009 as my example for timing.

The Cast hours and work assignments for the week are posted into the various systems on Sunday January 25th.

The Schedulers work on the schedule for Feb 1-7 during the week January 18 to 24 so the information can be posted in a timely manner.

If an attraction which has been closed is scheduled to be reopened any time during the February 1 to 7 week, notification to the Schedulers must be no later than January 17. And normally the first day of operation after a rehab tends to be on a Sunday.

Here is where the key to the whole thing comes in. If an attraction has been planned to be opened during the week starting February 1st and it is decided to open the attraction earlier, then a firm management decision must be made and given to the Schedulers no later than January 10th if the opening will be any time during the week of January 25th.

So just completing a rehab a few days early cannot affect the opening date unless it is known at least three weeks before completion.
Thanks so much for a great explanation. I had been wondering the same thing as our trip is at the bitter end of the refurb and was hoping it would open early. Now I know not to hope. We will check AT the ride on our last day but I won't plan on it being up and running. I love experienced dissers who can provide really useful explanations! Thanks!
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
jazzedancr
Earning My Ears

It more and likely won't open early..Maybe a day early or they have the soft opening like some said above!! Good luck!!
jazzedancr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: