Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #16
mcraige
DIS Veteran

What about EPCOT -- both Odyssey and Wonders of Life?
Disney World May 1998 - Off Site; September 1998 - Off Site; October 1999 - Off Site; March 2000 - All Star Music; March 2002 - All Star Movies; March 2004 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2006 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); December 2007 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); November 2010 - Old Key West (DVC); July 2011 - Off Site; November 2012 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2013 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); May/June 2014 - Beach Club Villas/Kidani Village Vero Beach March 2004, July 2009 Disney Cruise Line May 2003, July 2009 Disneyland December 2002/January 2003 - Off Site; August 2008 - Off Site
mcraige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #17
PrincessShea
Always planning...

The Backlot is incredibly bad and a huge waste of space; I agree. Another DHS waste of space to me is the Indiana Jones show. It's not funny, it's not entertaining, it's incredibly dated. It's continued existence baffles me. I would definitely be in favor of it being replaced by an Indiana Jones ride.

June 12, 2009
SeaBreeze Point|Bluezoo|Morocco
Wedding PJ & TR

PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #18
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsjmu View Post
Tomorrowland Speedway...large footprint of space that could be better utilized. I realize at park opening it was a nice draw for younger kids, but it's no longer particularly unique to Disney, nor particularly exciting for most guests.
This would be near the top of my list, too. At a minimum, it needs to be updated. It's a bit ironic that the "Tomorrowland" Speedway uses technology that is so completely archaic. Could we get an electric car, at least, rather than the loud, foul-smelling gas guzzlers they still use?

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015) - DLR (July 2014)
DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #19
Ametista
DIS Veteran

Stitch's Great Escape

I wish they would make that into something fun along the lines of Peter Pan and Pooh
Ametista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #20
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtoastyman

This would be near the top of my list, too. At a minimum, it needs to be updated. It's a bit ironic that the "Tomorrowland" Speedway uses technology that is so completely archaic. Could we get an electric car, at least, rather than the loud, foul-smelling gas guzzlers they still use?
They should outfit it with hovercraft! Ala Back To The Future 3! Now, that's something I'd stand in line for!

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #21
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

IMO Stitch's Great Escape, the entire Imagination / EO pavillion, Wonders of Life pavillion....talk about wasted and idle space! Also, Tomorrowland Speedway, Backlot Tour (sooo dated and not even fun anymore).

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #22
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsjmu View Post
Tomorrowland Speedway...large footprint of space that could be better utilized. I realize at park opening it was a nice draw for younger kids, but it's no longer particularly unique to Disney, nor particularly exciting for most guests.
Yep.

We just did this for the first time in YEARS on Saturday. It still stunk.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #23
OchreHand
Mouseketeer

Imagination Pavilion in Epcot... it's so stale and hardly true to its name. The best thing about the Figment ride is that it's dark and cool inside and almost never has a wait

Ditto on the Tomorrowland Speedway. There's nothing tomorrow or speed about it. It sticks out like a sore thumb. It does seem to be enjoyed by a lot of kids, but at least they should re-purpose the attraction to make it look modern.
OchreHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #24
Time Traveler
the best around

Backlot Tour
Stitch's Great Escape
Tomorrowland Speedway
Captain EO/Imagination pavillion
Ellen's Energy Adventure
Several semi-unused buildings at EPCOT (Odyssey restaurant, Wonders of Life pavillion
Some of the World Showcase pavilions could use some new attractions
Old 01-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #25
PJ
Mouseketeer

DEFINITELY Journey into Imagination - unless they bring back the original, in which case it would return to being one of our faves.....
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #26
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Kids love Tomorrowland Speedway that's why there's always a line. I think it's scenic and relaxing. I hope COP stays forever. Walt's own vision come to fruition. Quintessential Disney Must agree with Captain EO.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #27
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
While this may get me labeled as a Disney 'shipper, I don't really think any space is wasted. I don't like the way the Back Lot Tour is now (I call it the Basically Lame Tour) but I recently read an article about how much history and props are stored back there. Plus, the awesome AFI Store that most people just rush through. It's the Hollywood Studios and the emphasis should be on film and not just rides, rides, rides. I nice slow thing is good every once in a while. That being said, I liked it much better than Lights, Motors, Action! But that's one of my husband's favorites. It's really to each his own.

Would I like to see more countries at Epcot? Sure! But I would also like to continue seeing the natural beauty that is World Showcase. Would I like to see Camp Minnie-Mickey gone (we have no kids at home)? Sure! But there is something nice about that area.

I dunno, I guess I just try and see the good stuff.
I think you might be confused as to what "shipper" means. I like the Backlot Tour because of the reasons you stated. Sure it's not as great as it once was but the props are neat. I definitely wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it for sure.

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #28
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

I used to really like the backlot tour. When they had the "home improvement" schtick, that was fun and a bit interactive and entertaining. (although if they did have that still...it would be dated). They had golden girls house, and no parts of LightsMotorAction as part of the tour. We still go on, mostly because there's usually no wait, and its a way to sit and have a breeze for 20 minutes. I'm excited about the rumors for revamping that area.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #29
BrownHP800
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydee6 View Post
I used to really like the backlot tour. When they had the "home improvement" schtick, that was fun and a bit interactive and entertaining.
I got to be "Al" on the Home Improvement thing. That was fun. Something I will always remember.

The CM afterwards said "You were really good, weren't you nervous?" I said "No, I have no problems making a fool of myself in front of people" haha

I then bought a Binford Tools T-Shirt.
BrownHP800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #30
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownHP800 View Post
I got to be "Al" on the Home Improvement thing. That was fun. Something I will always remember.

The CM afterwards said "You were really good, weren't you nervous?" I said "No, I have no problems making a fool of myself in front of people" haha

I then bought a Binford Tools T-Shirt.
So did my Dad. He has a very similar build to Al (and hair lol). Maybe that's why I liked it...fond memory of our first trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: