Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #1
Rokwynd
Mouseketeer

Quick Question about Upgrading/Changing Resorts

Hello all, we currently have reservations from Oct 2-7 at All Star Music. Looking at the pricing an upgrade to Pop Century looks easily doable as it's just myself and a close friend traveling, no kids to worry about. We are past the 180 mark and have already made all of our ADRs. If I decide to change hotels will I lose my scheduled ADR's or will they carry over?

1996 CBR
2000 Poly
2013 Pop Century
2015 Pop Century
2016 AOA Cars Suite-(In planning)
Rokwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Your ADR's were booked by a phone number for contact and not by your resort reservation number.

It doesn't even matter if you made the ressies 180 days out and then decided to stay off-site or changed resorts again, they are still your ADR's.

Not to worry.
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
patty57
DIS Veteran

Is Pop an upgrade? They are both value resorts.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
Rokwynd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Your ADR's were booked by a phone number for contact and not by your resort reservation number.

It doesn't even matter if you made the ressies 180 days out and then decided to stay off-site or changed resorts again, they are still your ADR's.

Not to worry.
Thanks a lot, I knew I would have to redo the info for Magical Express but I worried about the ADR's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
Is Pop an upgrade? They are both value resorts.
It's a minor upgrade, while they are both Value Pop looks like a better fit for us, and it has it's own transport vs sharing with 3 other resorts. So while the change is a little change I consider it an upgrade.

1996 CBR
2000 Poly
2013 Pop Century
2015 Pop Century
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokwynd View Post
Thanks a lot, I knew I would have to redo the info for Magical Express but I worried about the ADR's.

It's a minor upgrade, while they are both Value Pop looks like a better fit for us, and it has it's own transport vs sharing with 3 other resorts. So while the change is a little change I consider it an upgrade.
If your reservation number is the same, ME will transfer over. Even if the tags still have your old resort name, it will be coded into the bar code with your new resort.

The only issue would be if you closed out your ressie and got a new one - or you changed from a room-only to a package or vice versa. Then it would have a different number.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
Rokwynd
Mouseketeer

I just called Disney, the swap was so painless. I think it took more time to write the post than it took to call Disney and let ti happen. Once again thanks for all of the help!

1996 CBR
2000 Poly
2013 Pop Century
2015 Pop Century
Old 04-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just called Disney, the swap was so painless. I think it took more time to write the post than it took to call Disney and let ti happen. Once again thanks for all of the help!
I think you made a great choice... We enjoyed POP much more than ASMu...the pool side bar alone was worth it
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #8
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

I respectfully disagree that Pop is an upgrade, I see it as more of a choice. Fallacy that All-Stars share buses, that's usually an opinion given on here from someone who prefers Pop. That only happens in the middle of the day during less crowded times. Instead Pop has one bus stop with about 500 extra rooms' worth of people so you sometimes have to wait for a second or third bus to come along. Same thing going home from a park, the line to go to Pop is one of the longest. Pop is a bigger resort than any of the All-Stars so lots more people in general are around the pools, etc. All-Stars are really close to each other and give you three different food courts and 6 pools. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but for some reason, the All-Stars get an undeserved bad rap on here.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #9
Rokwynd
Mouseketeer

I am not trying to be hostile, but for my group and our needs it feels like a change in a good direction. There is nothing wrong with the All Stars but after some looking we feel we will like Pop Century more during our trip.

1996 CBR
2000 Poly
2013 Pop Century
2015 Pop Century
Old 04-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
I respectfully disagree that Pop is an upgrade, I see it as more of a choice. Fallacy that All-Stars share buses, that's usually an opinion given on here from someone who prefers Pop. That only happens in the middle of the day during less crowded times. Instead Pop has one bus stop with about 500 extra rooms' worth of people so you sometimes have to wait for a second or third bus to come along. Same thing going home from a park, the line to go to Pop is one of the longest. Pop is a bigger resort than any of the All-Stars so lots more people in general are around the pools, etc. All-Stars are really close to each other and give you three different food courts and 6 pools. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but for some reason, the All-Stars get an undeserved bad rap on here.
I have to agree with you here! We have stayed at all the value resorts multiple times and while I had the same impression we have had nothing but issues with the buses. I think the only time we ever shared a bus staying at all stars was at less peak times and going to and from DTD.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree, Pop is a small upgrade from the All Stars in my opinion! Having its own buses really makes a difference and the resort a little more spread out and less congested. I like the location more at PC. And it is also one of the best food courts on property!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: