Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Smile My experience in MK before park opening....

Hopefully this Information will help some people out.

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blo...e-opening.html

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
MickeyCanada715
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing the pictures. We have booked an 8:20 am breakfast at Crystal and so far the park opening is listed as 9am. I can't wait to experience the park and get some great pics without all the crowds.

MickeyCanada715 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCanada715 View Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures. We have booked an 8:20 am breakfast at Crystal and so far the park opening is listed as 9am. I can't wait to experience the park and get some great pics without all the crowds.
It was an amazing experience

Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

We decided that we will always do this at least once a trip. The first time my kids and DH were there we entered early for DD's BBB appt and it was so amazing to be able to just stroll thru feeling like we almost had the place to ourselves.
This past year we were quite early for her appt. so we have some amazing phots and video - DD dancing all by herself in her Tiana dress in front of the castle (until DS jumped in with her! lol) It was probably the most magical experience I've ever had there.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer

We booked an 8:15am ADR for CRT when we go in May. I am honestly more excited about being able to get a picture in front of the castle with out the sea of people than I am about the actual breakfast!!
Me , DH , DS (6) , DD (3), (baby #3, arriving April '15)
mommy2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
DisneynBison
Mouseketeer

We did this a week and half ago and it was great. We had a early appointment for my daughter at BBB and we went in with everyone else who had early dining ressies. It was a 8:30 reservation and we got in early so we had plenty of time to take in the sites and stop and use our photopass + as there were photographers everywhere. We got some great pictures and my daughter loved it. Then we got into her reservation early and were done by 8:45 so we went out front of the castle and were the basically the only ones around. We got some more pictures and my daughter had to go back to the one photographer because she "had" to show her the makeover. At one point I looked around and thought, it is my wife, my daughter, me and photographers with main street all to ourselves. We listened to the opening and then just sat back and watched everyone come down main street. Talk about a sight. It is just crazy seeing it from that view. Some were running like the running of the bulls was going on and that bull was right behind them (got to get those fastpasses I guess), others were just strolling along taking in the sights. Everyone had a huge smile though and it was a picture perfect time of happiness. It was a great "people watching" opportunity and a totally different sight that you normally don't see at Disney.

This was a memory that will be engraved for a long time as it doesn't always work out that way with reservations and then to have others have the reservations and no one be around. It was a special time and my little Cinderella was so happy.
DisneynBison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
melissarose
Mouseketeer

we have an 8:35 reservation for crystal palace. what time do you think they will let us in? could we get in around 8 or is that too early?! i want lots of time to take pics!!
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #8
kpapiezjhbk7211
Mouseketeer

I am not yet to our 180 day mark to make reservations. To snag those early times do you have to be online at 6am at the 180 day mark? I have fooled around with the dining reservations and have not seen anything that early available?
kpapiezjhbk7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneynBison View Post
We did this a week and half ago and it was great. We had a early appointment for my daughter at BBB and we went in with everyone else who had early dining ressies. It was a 8:30 reservation and we got in early so we had plenty of time to take in the sites and stop and use our photopass + as there were photographers everywhere. We got some great pictures and my daughter loved it. Then we got into her reservation early and were done by 8:45 so we went out front of the castle and were the basically the only ones around. We got some more pictures and my daughter had to go back to the one photographer because she "had" to show her the makeover. At one point I looked around and thought, it is my wife, my daughter, me and photographers with main street all to ourselves. We listened to the opening and then just sat back and watched everyone come down main street. Talk about a sight. It is just crazy seeing it from that view. Some were running like the running of the bulls was going on and that bull was right behind them (got to get those fastpasses I guess), others were just strolling along taking in the sights. Everyone had a huge smile though and it was a picture perfect time of happiness. It was a great "people watching" opportunity and a totally different sight that you normally don't see at Disney.

This was a memory that will be engraved for a long time as it doesn't always work out that way with reservations and then to have others have the reservations and no one be around. It was a special time and my little Cinderella was so happy.
What an amazing memory!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #10
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

We got an awesome picture of DD on her birthday in front of the Walt and Mickey statue with the castle in the background before our 8:15am CP reservation in October. Only 3 people in the picture. I would have waited for them to move out of the frame, but DD was a year old so we had to take what we could get

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #11
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

One of the things I am most looking forward to on our next trip is our early morning appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
budafam
DIS Veteran

I love entering the park early. We try to do it once on every trip. On our last trip in May (just me and DD), we were the very first ones in the park. I got a completely empty shot of Main Street (it's PERFECT) and our pictures in front of the castle with Photopass are free and clear of anyone in them. We were the first to check into CRT that morning and DD was named Princess for the Day complete with a giant sticker on her dress. It was such a great time!
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #13
lajspeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpapiezjhbk7211 View Post
I am not yet to our 180 day mark to make reservations. To snag those early times do you have to be online at 6am at the 180 day mark? I have fooled around with the dining reservations and have not seen anything that early available?
Not necessarily. But the earlier the better. We got CP @ MK, TH @AK, and H&V @DHS all pre opening for presidents day week and we booked them... maybe 60 day out. Spring break week or Christmas week may be a bit more difficult...

6/91 CR (Land/Sea), 5/95 offsite (Magic Music Days), 5/97 offsite (Magic Music Days), 5/99 CBR (1st trip w/ DH), 8/03 AKL (Engagement!), 6/05 AKL (Honeymoon!), 7/07 Condo, 4/08 offsite (Grand Gathering/P&PP), 12/08 CBR (MVMCP!), 6/09 AS-Sport (DH's 30th Bday!), 1/10 Condo (Marathon Cheerleader/My 30th Bday!), 6/10 Condo (Pregnant!), 10/10 POP (very pregnant!/MNSSHP), 6/11 AS-Sport (Baby's 1st Trip!), 6/12 AoA Nemo Suite, 2/13 AoA Nemo suite (pregnant AGAIN), 11/13 condo (Thanksgiving mini trip/Baby#2's first trip!), 8/14 condo (Mommy-daughter "Frozen Summer" mini trip), 10/14 CBR (F&W/PFTS/MNSSHP). UP NEXT: 4/15 Condo (10 year anniversary trip!)
lajspeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #14
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
I love entering the park early. We try to do it once on every trip. On our last trip in May (just me and DD), we were the very first ones in the park. I got a completely empty shot of Main Street (it's PERFECT) and our pictures in front of the castle with Photopass are free and clear of anyone in them. We were the first to check into CRT that morning and DD was named Princess for the Day complete with a giant sticker on her dress. It was such a great time!
Awwww that sounds like an awesome day!

Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #15
RalphinSC
Founder of the Daft Brotherhood of the Ubiquitous Mugshare

Never have had an early ADr or ressie, but we got to experience main street and the hub before park opening when we got selected as Family of the Day. Truely a very magical time when you have an empty park and great photo opportunities.

Myself 35 , DW 33 , DS 10

March 2011 ASMo
June 2012 Pop Century
June 2014 Bringing extended family Pop Century

My Family of the Day Experience With Pictures 6/8/2012:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2939320
My Little Guy's Disney Surprise http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933866
RalphinSC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: