Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
BrennaM
Mouseketeer

Mother daughter massage question

Does anyone know if you can do this with 3 people? I have two teenage daughters and a spa day would be so fun!!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
~Walt Disney

2004 - Port Orleans - French Quarter | 2005 - Beach Club Resort | 2008 - Grand Gathering @ Animal Kingdom Villas | 2010 - Disney Cruise - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise | 2012 - Disney Land & Sea - Animal Kingdom Villas & 5 day Bahama Cruise | 2012 - Disney Cruise - 7 Night Alaskan Cruise | 2013 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise | Summer 2014 - Adventures By Disney - Ireland | Winter 2014 - Family New Years @ Animal Kingdom Villas | Summer 2015 - Disney Cruise - 12 Night Northern Europe Cruise
BrennaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrennaM View Post
Does anyone know if you can do this with 3 people? I have two teenage daughters and a spa day would be so fun!!
How old are your daughters?

The Senses Spa & Salon is reserved for Guests 18 years of age and older.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...ses-spa-salon/

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
BrennaM
Mouseketeer

It is actually in the chill spa...

Mother/Daughter Paradise Massage - Full Body
Duration 50 minPrice $195
Learn the art of indulgence from mom with this gorgeously relaxing treatment. Be pampered together as you enjoy a massage side by side.

By the way they will be 16 & 14 at the time of the cruise.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
~Walt Disney

2004 - Port Orleans - French Quarter | 2005 - Beach Club Resort | 2008 - Grand Gathering @ Animal Kingdom Villas | 2010 - Disney Cruise - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise | 2012 - Disney Land & Sea - Animal Kingdom Villas & 5 day Bahama Cruise | 2012 - Disney Cruise - 7 Night Alaskan Cruise | 2013 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise | Summer 2014 - Adventures By Disney - Ireland | Winter 2014 - Family New Years @ Animal Kingdom Villas | Summer 2015 - Disney Cruise - 12 Night Northern Europe Cruise
Old 01-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
BrennaM
Mouseketeer

Double post sorry. New DIS app learning curve.
~Walt Disney

Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrennaM View Post
It is actually in the chill spa...

Mother/Daughter Paradise Massage - Full Body
Duration 50 minPrice $195
Learn the art of indulgence from mom with this gorgeously relaxing treatment. Be pampered together as you enjoy a massage side by side.

By the way they will be 16 & 14 at the time of the cruise.
My DD just turned 13 and that would totally freak her out.

Enjoy though! We love the spa! Even before she turned 13 they would sneak her in for a junior treatment if there was room. She's extremely well behaved and on the quiet side so they did a mani/pedi, facial and shoulder massage for her one trip. She was apparently so relaxed that she fell asleep. I think that the spa doesn't like to see empty slots when they can fill them. We had to go into the spa and ask about treatment. I would never have thought to do it until I saw someone else in there requesting it and her DD was younger than mine.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
My DD just turned 13 and that would totally freak her out.

Enjoy though! We love the spa! Even before she turned 13 they would sneak her in for a junior treatment if there was room. She's extremely well behaved and on the quiet side so they did a mani/pedi, facial and shoulder massage for her one trip. She was apparently so relaxed that she fell asleep. I think that the spa doesn't like to see empty slots when they can fill them. We had to go into the spa and ask about treatment. I would never have thought to do it until I saw someone else in there requesting it and her DD was younger than mine.
But was this in the salon? I think kids can go in there, but not in the spa where the massage tables are. That's what I was told on the Wonder - no kids in the 'spa' part, but my kids had the 'teen experience' of mani/pedi/facial in the salon.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
BrennaM
Mouseketeer

I don't think there is a spa section on the classic ships. The experience that I'm referring to is on the Fantasy which has its own teen spa section called the Chill spa.
~Walt Disney

Old 01-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

The room is only set up for two so you wouldn't be able to do it with both daughters at the same time.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The Chill Spa is a teen spa area on the Fantasy that also sometimes allows younger kids.

The spa on the classic ships is reserved for adults only except that they do offer mother/daughter specials on some port days when adults have not filled the booking slots. Minors are permitted in the SALON area on the classic ships.

OP's original question--there are 2 tables in the room. I don't know if they could move a third table in as there isn't a lot of space...but it doesn't hurt to ask.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: