Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Boardwalk529
Mouseketeer

Rooms Sold out for Early December?

My family has a trip booked for the BWV beginning 12/5 and I wanted to add on just ONE night 12/4...and the Disney website is saying almost everything is booked??! No Beach Club, no Animal Kingdom, not even a room at the massive Pop Century? Just last night I checked hotels.com and nothing was sold out...now Disney website, hotels.com, expedia, etc. are all saying sold out. Is this possible? Two years ago I booked a return guest offer in early November and had no issues finding a room!
Boardwalk529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
dholmes1950
Earning My Ears

I just checked again and several hotels were available on the Disney website.
dholmes1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

I'm typically a 180+ day planner but sometimes an opportunity presents itself for us to go last minute and I don't pass up a wdw trip but with that said we ran into a similar problem when booking our dates Oct 24-27th. We started looking for a room in mid August for those dates. We live in FL and have taken trips planned as little as a few days to weeks in advance even up through last year and could always get pretty much what we wanted until this year. I know wdw is getting busier and busier each year but my goodness...is everyone taking their kids out of school???
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
LoriZH
The GooGoo Dolls rock!!!!
No longer feuding with the McCoys!

Because those are discounted rooms that could be the reason why. Also a lot of people put rooms on hold and then cancel them after they've made up their minds so keep checking.

A day truly does make a difference when booking a resort stay in Disney.

Been booed by Daninalismama, Thank you!
LoriZH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
nkereina
Wendy Darling

There's several possible explanations, but I wouldn't be surprised if that week is just busier than normal. It coincides with the week after Thanksgiving/first week of December and the parade taping is that week as well. We lose a week between Thanksgiving and Christmas since Thanksgiving is so late, so its hard to predict.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #6
CaffeinatedMama
Mouseketeer

Could be due to Pop Warner week? They may have a ton of rooms blocked but I still can't see them taking all rooms, that wouldn't happen. But it is a huge group. They will all be there 12/7-12/14 I think and some families may show up early? They started showing up on the last day of my trip last year at Pop. Tons of cheerleaders and I think this is when they have their Super Bowl for the boys. I was glad to be checking out that day... And I am a competitive cheer mom myself.

CaffeinatedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #7
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Pop Warner is December 7th-14th it is possible it is that. If they follow history Christmas Parade taping will be the 6th and 7th.

Also many school districts will not be calling their student back from Thanksgiving this year because Hanukkah runs from November 27-December 5th this year. I know not as many people think about that as a winter holiday that can affect crowds but when it falls early in December it can affect those early crowd levels so that leading straight into Pop Warner this year could make for a busy early December.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #8
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Try expanding your dates to a 3, 4 or 5 night stay, but always include 12/4 in your dates. Sometimes Disney limits room availability for shorter stays. If something comes up that you like, book it and then call in to modify your reservation to a one night stay.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #9
MsThumper
Mouseketeer

We wanted to add 1 day to our 4 night stay in early November. When I checked online and put in the one day I wanted to add, it came up as nothing available. When I expanded my search to include all 5 days, then the additional day was available. So I called, and they were able to add it.
MsThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #10
dimndgal1
One little spark...

I always call even if website says sold out. Disney`s website is notorious for glitches as bugs, and it never hurts to call and double check!

Glad you got it, OP
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-6) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #11
crystaltink
Mouseketeer

I called this morning to apply my annual pass discount to an existing reservation for early December at POFQ. There were no AP discounts available. The cast member told me to keep checking back periodically. She also tried POR, and CSR, but to no avail. We have MVMCP tickets for the 5th so our dates can't be modified. I'm stuck with a river view room at POFQ, but somehow not too disappointed.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
fitzperry
DIS Veteran

We're booked at Poly that week and were thinking of dropping down to a mod to save some $$. I was on the phone with two friends we're traveling with and we were all on the website--availability was varying from minute to minute. First there were rooms at POR but not POFQ; then vice versa. We booked through a travel agent so we asked her to see if we could still use the FD pin we booked with on a mod and the only one available was CBR. We decided the universe was telling us to stay with the Poly :D

We went the same week two years ago and crowd levels were great. Not sure what the difference is but I hope the parks won't be too crazy.

fitzperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #13
Boardwalk529
Mouseketeer

wow...I did not realize so many things were going on that will increase the crowds that week! I went December 2-7 two years ago, and the crowds were so light. I managed to get one night at the CSR but will try searching for several nights and cancelling all but one. Thanks for the tip
Boardwalk529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #14
jpdeg99
Mouseketeer

I;m having the same issue for the first week of December. I called and did not get any better results. Only thing I can get is Beach Club (30% off room only, so it's not bad). Everything is sold out, according tot he website and phone agent.

Makes me think I should wait till January.
jpdeg99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: