Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
bellaphia
Mouseketeer

Fish Extenders

I am still trying to wrap my brain around this..how does it work? do you get a list and staterooms and give little gifts to each person in the room once during the week? is there a specific day/night you are suppose to distribute your gifts? what kinds of things do people give?? I'm a visual person pictures would be great!!
thanks so much

bellaphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaphia View Post
I am still trying to wrap my brain around this..how does it work? do you get a list and staterooms and give little gifts to each person in the room once during the week? is there a specific day/night you are suppose to distribute your gifts? what kinds of things do people give?? I'm a visual person pictures would be great!!
thanks so much
The "rules" for each FE are set up by the group on your cruise meet thread. Generally, people can give one gift per room. Some people do more - one for the adults and separate ones for kids, or one gift per person.

I've read of FE groups that have directed their participants as to when to deliver them. The ones I was in we just delivered when it was convienient for us.

Typical gift can range from local postcards, candy, small trinkets, all the way to full blown super-crafty stuff, like write-on, wipe-off boards, personalized water bottles, magnets, whatever you feel you want to do.

There's a thread here about FE gifts
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....+gift+pictures

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....+gift+pictures

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Mcbruns
DIS Veteran

Exactly what she said. We are just off The Wonder and participated in an FE exchange. This was my first and 5 families total. We all liked delivering goodies and had no problems.

I have read some threads with a large number of families participating. I preferred a smaller group.
1976-offsite~ 1991-offsite~ 1993-offsite~ 1997-Swan~ 1998-Caribbean Beach~ 2003-Port Orleans~ 2004-Pop Century~ 2005-Beach Club Villas~ 2006-Contemporary ~ 2007-ASMu ~ 2007-Coronado Springs ~ 2007-Anniversary Trip GF ~ October 2008-Wilderness Lodge~2 trips in 2009 (June-WH and Sept-OKW)~ 2010-Swan for NYE ~ 2011-Poly for my 40th ~ April 2012 & July ~ 2013 Cruising on the Wonder & June trip ~2014-Lion King Suite
Mcbruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
DLBDS
Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk

FE Explained...
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

I do one gift per stateroom myself. Try to include something for all ages staying in any particular stateroom. Yes, you get a list of who's participating including their stateroom #, names, ages, DISname, favorite characters and any special notes like "allergic to peanuts" or whatever. Someone usually volunteers to keep up with the list and then emails it out to everyone.
May 2011 Disney Dream (9674) / Wilderness Lodge (4034 Woods View)
October 2010
Disney Wonder (6598)/Wilderness Lodge (7107 Club Level)/Animal KingdomLodge (4311 Club Level)
February 2009 Port Orleans Riverside (2404 Alligator Bayou) May 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Swan/DIS Podcast Cruise (Disney Wonder) (6592)
September 2008 Contemporary Resort (5150 Garden Wing)
February 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7044 Club Level) June 2007 Hawthorn Suites (Off Property) October 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7048 Club Level)
Nov/Dec 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (3167 Courtyard)
DLBDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

After you've read about the FE, if you have a cruise booked, find your cruise meet here:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

This is where each cruise plans their FE. I'd join the cruise meet even if you don't plan on doing the FE because they plan a time to get together to meet once onboard. It's a great way to get to know fellow passengers before you sail.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Fish Extender Ideas

No flames, please....

There is also a FB page that exchanges and posts FE ideas if you are interested in joining. Search for Fish Extender Disney Cruise Line
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
No flames, please....

There is also a FB page that exchanges and posts FE ideas if you are interested in joining. Search for Fish Extender Disney Cruise Line
It says it is a Closed Group.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarker View Post
Ask to be added, and that will happen - I am not the "owner" and not sure how she's got it set up, but I know new members are added all the time
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
mmsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarker

Just hit the link to be added. It's closed to help keep out advertisers and other such things. Lots of fantastic ideas there!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #10
GreatMouseDetective
Unlocking Disney Secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaphia View Post
thanks so much
An FE works like this ....

There is a master list that gets sent to all participants. Your job is to drop off a gift to each room participating and you will get a gift back. (At least one gift per stateroom per cruise). You can drop your gift off anytime during the cruise as long as it's before 8 or 9 pm the last night. (Your luggage needs to be packed, ready, and outside your stateroom door by 10 pm if you are not carrying it off the ship) People give everything homemade gifts to store bought items.

The best thing to do is check out the FE threads listed above by other members and look at the facebook page. You'll get some great ideas
GreatMouseDetective is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: