Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
DisneyMax74
Mouseketeer

Hotel Choice

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering for anyone who has stayed at these hotels, which would you chose? Keep in mind that we do like to walk to the park but it's not a total deal breaker if we have to ride a shuttle, but would prefer to walk. Will be me, my wife and two daughters (10 years old) and they are use to walking, they have grown up doing lot's of theme park days.

Which of these would you chose and why? We like the place to be clean and have a nice pool area.

Ayres Inn Orange (Shuttle ride)

Hotel Menage (From reviews it doesn't sound very clean, fairly close)

Tropicana Inn (Very close to entrance)

BW Stovall's Inn (Semi-close I believe)

Desert Palms Hotel & Suites (I'm leaning towards this one, tell me if I'm wrong)

It will be a 5 night stay in anaheim at the end of April/beginning of March. Also doing a few days in Las Vegas and a few days in Santa Barbara. Would be nice to not have to pay for parking and a free breakfast would be a bonus.

We usualy stay at the Red Lion or a Holiday Inn and those are usualy pretty nice, for the most part. I would love to stay at DLH but I just really can't bring myself to pay 3 times what most rooms are going for near the park. lol

So for anyone who has stayed at some of these please fell free to tell me which you liked and why, it would be much appreciated. It's nice to get input from real Disneyland fans.
DisneyMax74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:07 AM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I haven't stayed at any of them, but I remain intrigued by Desert Palms. It's not a bad walk at all, especially since you are used to walking and *want* to walk.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
DLmama
Mouseketeer

I've stayed at the Tropicana and BW Stovall's. It's been awhile for both, but you can't beat the location of the Tropicana. Both hotels are clean and safe, but nothing fancy.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Just want to be sure that you're looking at Desert Palm, not Desert Inn. I got confused when I was booking before I've stayed at BW Stovall's during NYE 2010, but we took shuttle. We DID walk once, but my family's not used to doing too much walking so we thought that it might be too long of a walk.
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
hope23
Earning My Ears

I haven't stayed at any of them either, but am also researching hotels and keep coming back to Desert Palms for our trip. We are drawn to the breakfast, bunk beds and free parking. I'd love to others' opinions on this place. It's hard to compare and decide based on pictures and opinions... too bad they can't have a reality show for "hotel hunters"!
hope23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
schwabay
Earning My Ears

I've stayed at the Stovalls. The rooms were nothing fancy. Mini fridge. We stayed on the ground level near the breakfast room so we had lots of noise at all times during the morning and night. Breakfast was typical for a continental (hardboiled eggs, bread, apples, oranges, oatmeal, cereals). We were able to walk to the park. It is about a 10 minute walk. You have to walk through Grand Californian Lobby and end up in DTD. It wasn't worth it to get the ART because you are waiting longer for the shuttle than it takes to get to the park.

I've never stayed at any of the other hotels. But our airport shuttle stopped at the Menage. I do not think it is walkable. Its right on the corner near all the offices of Disney. It's right by the freeway so I'm assuming it could be loud.

Hope that helps?
schwabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
FlameGirl
I kind of wonder if it is because of a certain expectation
I'd say go for it!

Stayed at BW Stovall and probably wouldn't stay there again. Paper thin walls and kids running and screaming up and down the breezeways beginning every day at 6:00 AM.
FlameGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: