Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Jessika
'Nobody tells me. Nobody keeps me informed. I make it seventeen days come Friday since anybody spoke to me.' - Eeyore

Fantasy or Wonder?? HELP!

Hi everyone! My sons and I had our first ever vacation on the Fantasy this past Christmas. It was the trip of a lifetime and we have now officially been bitten by the travelling bug. I re-booked on board for a dummy date, and am of course already itching to make that official.

Since the last cruise was special (Christmas)- we are looking to make this next one as special. There are dates on the Fantasy and the Wonder in 2014 that would allow us to celebrate both kids birthdays on the same cruise. The Wonder is LESS THAN half the price of the Fantasy for the same category stateroom, of course it's also 2 less nights.

Here's why we are hesitating:
No AquaDuck or Midship Detective Agency. We loved the duck and never did the Midship because we were always doing something else. We kept saying 'next time'.

We like the idea that we might see some of our favorite castmembers again. Is this even a realistic possibility over a year later?

What are the clubs like on the Wonder? They will be turning 10 and 11. Will they find the Wonder boring after the awesomeness that is the Lab on the Fantasy?

Am I worrying for nothing?
HELP!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

2 days less.....not good in my book.

Your kids are at an age where the high tech stuff is important; how important is part of your question.

Now to complicate things, there are rumors that the Wonder will have an extended dry dock in 2014, similar to what the Magic has scheduled for this year. What will be done?????anyone's guess at this point. So if you are looking at the fall, that's even more complicating.

Are the ships hitting the same ports? If not, I'd go somewhere that you didn't go this year. Have you had the virtual porthole? If not, that might be a consideration on the Fantasy (it was fun!)
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
Jessika
'Nobody tells me. Nobody keeps me informed. I make it seventeen days come Friday since anybody spoke to me.' - Eeyore

Agreed

I agree that 2 days less is not good. Since we have only ever done the 7 day, I think 5 will seem so short. My kids are totally into the technology and I'm sure they will miss some of the more modern features of the Fantasy but can the Wonder make up for it in other unique ways???

I'm looking at end of March into April of 2014 once the dates are out, I'm guessing they're set?? Their bdays are 2 days apart.. They would miss the same amount of school no matter which option we choose. It's the same itinerary we had at Christmas, but the WHERE honestly doesn't matter as the highlights of our trip were all shipboard.

I know there are lots of people out there who prefer the smaller ships. I would love to hear why, especially from someone with kids in the 9-11 age range.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: