Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #16
shell8558
DIS Veteran

Love POR- its my favorite resort too!! LOVE LOVE the mansion rooms!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #17
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you have the new RFID room keys?
Yes
RubySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #18
HuskerFaninIL
DIS Veteran

So excited to see that you loved it, we are planning on doing one of the PO resorts in November. We're not married to either one yet, both seem very nice.

HuskerFaninIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #19
wdwagain518
Mouseketeer

we will be there tomorrow....can't wait!!!

wdwagain518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #20
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowymouse View Post
Do you think the fold down bed in Allegator Bayou rooms is as big as the previous roll away or pullman bed?

We stayed at POR back in 2010 and the third bed was perfect for my DD, but she is three years older now and probably a foot taller (around 4'9").

The DS and DD don't like sleeping in the same bed, so we will need three beds to work with our group.

Thanks!
It's not, it's actually smaller. The new murphy bed is meant for children 10 or 11 and under. If you do a search, someone posted the actual dimensions of it. Smaller than a twin bed.
nkereina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #21
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowymouse
Do you think the fold down bed in Allegator Bayou rooms is as big as the previous roll away or pullman bed?

We stayed at POR back in 2010 and the third bed was perfect for my DD, but she is three years older now and probably a foot taller (around 4'9").

The DS and DD don't like sleeping in the same bed, so we will need three beds to work with our group.

Thanks!
It may not be as big. I don't know. However we stayed in November 2011 renovated room and my 14 year old who was 5 ft at the time slept just fine on the Murphy bed.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #22
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Hi!

Glad your family had a great time at POR! I think this is the mod I would like to try in the future due to great reviews such as this one! Thanks again for this great TR!!

-FantasiaMagic

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #23
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12
how are the rooms? t says it fits 5 and a baby under 3 but would it be really tight with two playpens? I have two under 2. TIA
We have 5 plus infant and we are having desk removed to place stroller and playpens, I am going in 10 days, I will let you know! Luckily my sister is in an adjoining room and she only has 4 but no little ones so if it is too cramped my 6yr old will walk over and stay in her room!

rsleleux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #24
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have 5 plus infant and we are having desk removed to place stroller and playpens
hmmm....we did not have a desk in our room. Just the 2 queen beds, table and chairs, banquet bed and fridge. Oh and a little set of 2 shelves.
RubySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #25
ssleblanc
How many posts until I'm not a Mouseketeer anymore?

I arrive for our stay at POR one week from tomorrow. I can't wait!
1974 - Disneyland, stayed with relatives; Thanksgiving 1984 - Offsite (back when WDW was EMPTY on Thanksgiving); Summer 1992 - Disneyland, stayed will relatives; October 1996 - Offsite; October 1998 - 25th Anniversary Celebration, ASMu, September 2006 - Coronado Springs; February 2013 - Mardi Gras at Port Orleans Riverside
ssleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #26
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubySlippers

hmmm....we did not have a desk in our room. Just the 2 queen beds, table and chairs, banquet bed and fridge. Oh and a little set of 2 shelves.
You are right! Lol it is the table and chairs that are being removed!

rsleleux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #27
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
We have 5 plus infant and we are having desk removed to place stroller and playpens, I am going in 10 days, I will let you know! Luckily my sister is in an adjoining room and she only has 4 but no little ones so if it is too cramped my 6yr old will walk over and stay in her room!
We were 6 this past August. we had pour then 3 months old, 6yo triplets dh and I. 2 of our girls fitted on 1 queen which we picked the one closer to bathroom, and they took turns on the little bed. then we had a play pen for the baby.

I put the play pen for my dd right between the wall and the bed closer to the door. We were still able to open the door and all. we folded our stroller every evening and stored it by the table against the wall. We could have used the table and 1 chair if we needed it. If the table and chair are moved, the PPen fits there but it's right in front of the A/C and it gets cold if going in the summer(when we went). that was our first solution but then moved things so that crib could be by the bed which was a bit warmer. Just a thought.

for the person asking about 2 play pen... it is doable if you get the table removed and put 1 crib where the table goes and the other between the wall and bed rcloser to the door but it will be a tight fit.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #28
Chrislyn11
Earning My Ears

Just booked for May! Can you recommend a section of the mansions to request? Or are the all the same and located near the main pool?
Chrislyn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #29
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

We're booked in April at POR in AB Preferred room. Can't wait to go back. Had planned on POFQ, but at almost $100 cheaper with the AP rates, we decided to go back to POR. We haven't stayed there in years, but absolutely loved the boat to DTD. Hope to do the carriage ride, too.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #30
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pletprincesses View Post
We were 6 this past August. we had pour then 3 months old, 6yo triplets dh and I. 2 of our girls fitted on 1 queen which we picked the one closer to bathroom, and they took turns on the little bed. then we had a play pen for the baby.

I put the play pen for my dd right between the wall and the bed closer to the door. We were still able to open the door and all. we folded our stroller every evening and stored it by the table against the wall. We could have used the table and 1 chair if we needed it. If the table and chair are moved, the PPen fits there but it's right in front of the A/C and it gets cold if going in the summer(when we went). that was our first solution but then moved things so that crib could be by the bed which was a bit warmer. Just a thought.

for the person asking about 2 play pen... it is doable if you get the table removed and put 1 crib where the table goes and the other between the wall and bed rcloser to the door but it will be a tight fit.
We're planning on going in April and was going to ask if our family of 5 will fit ok, but after reading your post....I guess we will, lol.
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
All Star Sports...2/2015 (just me and hubby)
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: