Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues
I thought ours always had our trip dates on them and weren't valid after checkout?
Well, even if the dates are enforced, I'm local & might be able to use them during the dates of the donor's vacation

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #17
windsor2005
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish.Glenn View Post
Your parents at Wdw at the same time? It vouchers from another trip?
They were there at the same time. I'm pretty sure the start date for the vouchers was the same day as check-in. I'm not sure about when they expire. We drove to Orlando and stayed off site the first night and I'd have liked to used them that night, but the dates weren't valid. I didn't try to use them though, I just read the dates.
windsor2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #18
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

We haven't done MYW in a while (since we got APs) but we did in the past.

The PH voucher used to be our first night tradition until a constant stream of crappy service and even worse food soured us to it. We haven't been back in years nor will we ever. There's plenty better food to be had at DTD.

I actually LOVE the minigolf courses. We've played both sides at Fantasia Gardens; they're each great in their own way. Haven't trekked over to Winter Summerland yet but I'll have to do that too.

We've also used the arcade card (on our monsoon-soaked honeymoon) and the boat rental.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #19
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

We just got back last week and didn't use any of our vouchers/coupons - except for the AAA Wishes Reserved Viewing area one.

Was planning on using the PH $15 coupon but our ADR was for 8:30 and we were hungry at 6:30 - used a couple of CS point and ate at WPE which worked well for us as we were on the Stay, Play and Dine plan. Used the extra TS for Monsieur Paul's 2TS pp dinner.....
Old 01-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

We always use the Marina voucher. DW is a photographer and loves to find new shots while we cruise the water ways, and I love piloting the boat. I think this is also a great "change of pace" type adventure to have on your visit.

Throw the Planet Hollywood voucher out, IMHO. Crappy service and crappy food, even with a discount.

Last trip was the first time we used the mini-golf. We really enjoyed it.

I grew up in the 70's-80's so I always take advantage of the arcade voucher.

DW used the spa discount and LOVED it!

Can't speak to the others.
...hurry back......hurry back......be sure to bring your death certificate.
W.E.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #21
FirstTimeDisneyVisit
Mouseketeer

Mini golf and Planet Hollywood, 15 bucks off is pretty good deal .. The food is pretty decent as well.

September 2011 - All Star Sports
September 2012 - Coronado Springs Resort
September 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

FirstTimeDisneyVisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #22
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraMeansDawn View Post
I'm referring to the list below of coupons that come with the package. Do you ever use them? Are there ones you particularly enjoy? I know we used the arcade one once and I think we went to Planet Hollywood in like 1999 and haven't felt the need to go back. I'm thinking I might try the DisneyQuest one which seems new to me and was always something I thought was too expensive to just do or perhaps we'll go play miniature golf. Never have because we always seem to be on the run and a lot of it seems like fluff. I just saw a friends package and a character call but not sure what that is. Maybe I'm missing something by tossing most of these. ... Which ones do you use?

Walt Disney World Marina Discounts - 15% off the non-discounted price of any boat rental at participating Walt Disney World marina locations. (One voucher per room; not valid all dates; restrictions apply.)

Disney's Miniature Golf Experience - Voucher valid for two rounds of Miniature Golf per room at either Disney's Fantasia Gardens or Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Courses before 4:00 PM.

DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park Admission Ticket - Voucher valid for two admission tickets per room. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a person 16 years of age or older.

Planet Hollywood $15 USD Meal Voucher and Souvenir Keepsake - Valid for $15 USD worth of food and non-alcoholic beverages and one souvenir merchandise keepsake per room at Planet Hollywood Downtown Disney West Side. (Not valid with any other offers or discounts.)

Arcade Game Card - Valid for 100 game play points in arcades located in Disney Resort hotels. (One voucher per room.)

Children's Activity Centers Discount - 15% off the non-discounted hourly rates at select Children's Activity Centers. (Ages 3-12; advance reservations are highly recommended; credit card guarantee is required; minimum charge of 2 hours per child.)

Spa Discount - 15% off the non-discounted price of select services of 50 minutes or more at select Disney Resort hotels. (Hand and foot treatments are excluded. Age restrictions apply.)

Guided Fishing Excursion Discount - 15% off the non-discounted price of 2-hour Guided Bass Fishing Excursions and 2-hour Bass Nitro Fishing Excursions at select Walt Disney World marinas. Excursions include fishing equipment, rod, reel, shiners, artificial bait, non-alcoholic beverages and a 1-year membership to B.A.S.S. (Bass Anglers Sportsman Society).

Sammy Duvall's Water Sports Discount - 10% off the non-discounted price of all activities including parasailing, water skiing, wakeboarding and tubing trips at Sammy Duvall's Water Sports Center located at Disney's Contemporary Resort. (Subject to availability; restrictions apply.)
Yes. We have rented a pontoon boat for an hour and cruised from POR all the way to DTD. It was a lot of fun.

Played mini golf at Fantasia Gardens

The kids loved DisneyQuest. We went on a day when it was raining for a few hours. It certainly beats sitting around the room.

Planet Hollywood is decent food and we usually eat there once per trip. The souvenir was a keychain.

Arcade card basically allows the kids to play 2/3 games and then you would need to put more on it. Use it just because it is free.

DS loves fishing so we did this the last time we were there. While it is expensive, we had a great time. They supply snack/soda/water for everyone (I think the limit is 4 people) and they bait the lines and will take pictures for you with your catch. Caught tons of fish and had a great time.

There really is a lot to do without going to the parks. These are to get you doing some other things and show you what they have to offer.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #23
disneycat321
Mouseketeer

We used the Planet Hollywood voucher on our last trip, and will again this time - both times on the first night. We get in from CA too late to do the parks, so we take the boat from POR to DTD and hang out there. We actually LOVED Planet Hollywood - I was really surprised! It's such a fun place, and much better than the ones I'd been to on the west coast!

We are considering doing Disney Quest for an hour or two this time, but I'm pretty sure we can just use our tickets for that and don't need the voucher, since we have the park hopper+water parks and more. (Doesn't the "and more" include Disney Quest?)

Maybe we'll use the arcade voucher this time. Free is free. Yes we are adults but we'd probably still love it haha, and I've heard the arcade at POR is a good one.

DLR:
DLR Visits (No longer locals!): Dec 2014...(more to come!)
2009-2014 SoCal local DLR AP holders (went more times than I can count!)

WDW:Always dreaming of another trip...
May 2013 POR
June 2010 Honeymoon POR
disneycat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #24
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor2005 View Post
We just used the DQ vouchers last week for our family of 4. My parents gave us theirs to use with our two vouchers. I always wanted to try it, but didn't want to spend the money. My DH and DS 11 only stayed about 20 minutes. They thought it was too loud and didn't care for it. My son did have a headache earlier in the day. My DD 7 liked the POTC game and JC. She also enjoyed the art area, not sure what it was called. I'm really glad we tried it because I had always wanted to. I would go back if the kids really wanted to and it's still not costing me anything. I would liken it to a giant arcade with unlimited quarters.
That was really helpful actually. Since I'm traveling with my DS and DH I may let them go into DQ and I'll grab that PH voucher and to order and appy and put my feet up while they play.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #25
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Thanks y'all. I always appreciate the feedback on this site and I have a couple ideas of a few ways to shake things up on our next trip in just over a month!
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #26
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

I would have used the Planet Hollywood one, but our TA says that we can pick our vouchers up at check-in and I'm doubting that this is true so we probably won't have any to use!!

POR Feb 6-14 2013
POR Feb 2-11 2014
Canooknic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #27
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

What exactly is the character call? I'm not really familiar with that one. Do they call your resort room or a number of your choosing? Is it recorded? Or can it be personalized? Just curious how it all works.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #28
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post
I would have used the Planet Hollywood one, but our TA says that we can pick our vouchers up at check-in and I'm doubting that this is true so we probably won't have any to use!!
We always got ours in the mail about 30 days or so before we left along with the luggage tags etc . Not sure if it's different for our friends to the North.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #29
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

The only voucher we have used is the children's activity voucher. We used it at the Sandcastle Club so hubby and I could walk around the world showcase for a few hours. I wish they would give us more then one of these vouchers.

Next time we will try to use the spa voucher.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #30
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic
Why would you doubt it?

We had a mixup with our vouchers and it didn't come in the mail. Our TA arranged for it to be at he front desk. It was there when we checked in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: