Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #16
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTN View Post
We have never seen Fantasmic, but we're only planning a morning half day trip to DHS..

we do have park hoppers so I was thinking of leaving early on one of our two MK days just to go over and see Fantasmic... is it worth the trouble?

Mon - MK full day
Tues - Epcot full day
Wed - 2/3 day at AK, evening at DTD
Thur - full day MK
Fri - morning at DHS before departing

I know if we do choose to leave for Fantasmic, Thur would logistically be better (smaller crowds at HS since Monday is evening EMH at HS)... but we love ending our trip with Wishes, so really we're thinking of Monday night...

thoughts??
You could get over to HS to see Fantasmic on your Epcot day. Just exit out the International Gateway, located between United Kingdom and France, and take the boat to HS. It will take a lot less time to get there from Epcot than from MK.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #17
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
We have never seen Fantasmic, but we're only planning a morning half day trip to DHS..

we do have park hoppers so I was thinking of leaving early on one of our two MK days just to go over and see Fantasmic... is it worth the trouble?

Mon - MK full day
Tues - Epcot full day
Thur - full day MK

I know if we do choose to leave for Fantasmic, Thur would logistically be better (smaller crowds at HS since Monday is evening EMH at HS)... but we love ending our trip with Wishes, so really we're thinking of Monday night...

thoughts??
Fantasmic! is (IMHO) the best of the 3 night time shows. I think it is overlooked way too often. I would definitely make a point of seeing it.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Is there a specific reason you are going to DTD? If not, I would skip it on that short of a trip. There is plenty of shopping in the parks and you will find most of the same stuff. Assuming Fantasmic is scheduled for your AK day, I would go to DHS that evening and catch Fantasmic. With a 4 year old DD that is probably going to be interested in visting a lot of princesses at MK, I wouldn't cut an MK day short. My DD is 6, and we have been going every year since she was 2. We usually spend 2 full days at MK, and usually even a little extra time there on another day. If you are talking about cutting a MK day short to hit Fantasmic, I would skip Fantasmic this trip. I think a 4 year old girl would prefer more time at MK to the show.

As far as your DHS day, noon might be pushing it. With a 4 year old DD, I would suggest adding the Beauty and the Beast show and Voyage of the Little Mermaid into your plans. She will probably also love the Disney Jr. show (especially since they are adding Sofia and Doc McStuffins into that show). We've still been able to fit all that stuff in by early afternoon.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #19
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Mon - MK full day
Tues - Epcot full day
Thur - full day MK

thoughts??
Yes, IMO Fantasmic is worth it. We've hopped there from other parks for it & then back to evening EMH at another park. It's doable if you think it's worth cutting MK time & that DD will like it.

I 2nd the opinion of skipping DTD & adding more park time unless you have a specific reason that you want to go. It's a lot of shopping, restaurants & other great stuff but outside of the toy stores wasn't something DD was interested in at age 4. We were better off with a more relaxed evening & focusing on RD in the mornings.

It all depends on the dates/season of your travel too.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #20
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Yes. F! is amazing!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #21
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

If I had another opportunity to see Wishes!, yes I would leave to watch Fantasmic!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #22
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Ditto on skipping dtd. Depending on when you leave ak, you might be able to see more than fantasmic at hs. You could use your last morning at hs and skip over to dtd then if there is something you really want to do there
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #23
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

If you haven't seen it, I would hop over and check it out. It is my least favorite of all the nighttime shows, but it is a good show. We try to see it every trip. My 2 year old DD LOVES it. She talked about it for days after seeing it on our last trip.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #24
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
You will hear a lot of mixed reviews about F! here on the DIS. Personally, I enjoy it, and I think if you're interested you should give it a shot. Since you are planning two days at MK, I don't think it should be a problem. Have fun!
Ditto.
Dallas_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #25
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=ktlm;47344039]Is there a specific reason you are going to DTD? If not, I would skip it on that short of a trip. QUOTE]

Yes, we couldn't get BBB ressies at MK, so we have 3pm reservations at BBB and 5:00 dinner reservations at Rainforrest at DTD. I suppose we could go to HS that night...

we were thinking having an early night since we planned on hitting MK for EMH at 8am and seeing ETWB first and lunch at CRT
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #26
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
Is there a specific reason you are going to DTD? If not, I would skip it on that short of a trip. There is plenty of shopping in the parks and you will find most of the same stuff. Assuming Fantasmic is scheduled for your AK day, I would go to DHS that evening and catch Fantasmic. With a 4 year old DD that is probably going to be interested in visting a lot of princesses at MK, I wouldn't cut an MK day short. My DD is 6, and we have been going every year since she was 2. We usually spend 2 full days at MK, and usually even a little extra time there on another day. If you are talking about cutting a MK day short to hit Fantasmic, I would skip Fantasmic this trip. I think a 4 year old girl would prefer more time at MK to the show.

As far as your DHS day, noon might be pushing it. With a 4 year old DD, I would suggest adding the Beauty and the Beast show and Voyage of the Little Mermaid into your plans. She will probably also love the Disney Jr. show (especially since they are adding Sofia and Doc McStuffins into that show). We've still been able to fit all that stuff in by early afternoon.
She didn't love the Voyage of LM so much... I think Ursela scared her, so last trip she wouldn't even go in there. Disney Jr is closed while we're there and we might see Beauty and the Beast if we have time, but we've seen it a few times...

That being said... your have AwesOME suggestions... We can always stay late at DHS and DH can drive through late while DD and I sleep in the car... so I think we may see BATB after all... I'd hate to miss it

Also, we could try and do fantasmis DTD night... I think it's earlier that night anyway AND we won't have to fight the EMH crowd... THANK YOU!!!
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #27
Kaylasmomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
thought about it, but with DD4 - we will want two almost full MK days and we plan on leaving HS around noon to drive back - we have a 10-hour drive.

All we want to do at DHS is: I take daughter to TSM first thing and then to see Woody and Buzz while DH goes on ToT and RnR...if time we might catch a couple other things then we'll eat lunch and go.

But we'd love to see Fantasmic.. so we might make a go of it..
For a 4YO there is just as much to do at DHS I would never do 1/2 day there its my daughters favorite place of all 4. She is 7.
Fantasmic is so great we did the dining package this year that comes with VIP tix to the show
Kaylasmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #28
Kaylasmomma
Mouseketeer

Oh and I am another vote for skipping DTD
Kaylasmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #29
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Swap evening at DTD for DHS. The show is usually late so if you head over 6/7ish your hubby can ride ToT and RnR while you and your DD are at TSM and Woody and Buzz. Whoever finishes first head over to find seats, grab a snack and wait for Fantasmic show.

Departure morning if some one didn't get to do something at DHS, run over and do it at rope drop then hit DTD, shop, have lunch and hit the road.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #30
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynt View Post
Swap evening at DTD for DHS. The show is usually late so if you head over 6/7ish your hubby can ride ToT and RnR while you and your DD are at TSM and Woody and Buzz. Whoever finishes first head over to find seats, grab a snack and wait for Fantasmic show.

Departure morning if some one didn't get to do something at DHS, run over and do it at rope drop then hit DTD, shop, have lunch and hit the road.
I agree.

I wouldn't leave MK for Fantasmic. I've seen Fantasmic once and it wasn't worthwhile, IMO. If I have a child or children at some point, I will probably take them once so that they can see it, but I wouldn't make a habit of it unless they absolutely love it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: