Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
kjduncan
Earning My Ears

Aquaduck or lunch first?

This will be our first Disney cruise in May on the Fantasy! I was wondering what most people prefer to do first when they board. Granted, we will have our 2 girls with us who are ecstatic about riding the Aquaduck. So would y'all recommend Aquaduck/swimming first or lunch first? If we had lunch first, would we still be able to ride the Aquaduck afterwards with not much wait? Thanks!!
kjduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

We rode the Duck after lunch with less than a 10 minute wait. The thing is that if you ride first, you're going to be wet....that may not matter to you, but you also won't have room access till 1:30.

See what time you board. You have a whole week and there are plenty of times when the Duck has no lines.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

I agree with kcashner's advice.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 AM   #4
libpetersen
Mouseketeer

We went straight up to the pool, got some great chairs, drinks from the many servers and the girls went swimming right away. We took turns going to cabanas to pick out lunch, which we brought back and ate on our chairs! It was great because no one was really in the pool yet!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #5
jenpink
Mouseketeer

We rode the aquaduck first and walked right on, no lines. We didn't mind being wet because the weather was wonderful and we just sat by the pools until our room was ready. We just grabbed some fast food from Flos and once we were in our room we ordered room service. We were completely happy. There were more buffets later in the week so we didn't feel we missed anything.
jenpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
chudson98
Mouseketeer

We did the duck and pool first. DH and I took turns getting plates from the buffet while kiddies had no wait on the duck and swam in an empty pool for the first 30-40 minutes onboard. Kiddies ate poolside as well from Flo's when they were hungry.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #7
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjduncan View Post
This will be our first Disney cruise in May on the Fantasy! I was wondering what most people prefer to do first when they board. Granted, we will have our 2 girls with us who are ecstatic about riding the Aquaduck. So would y'all recommend Aquaduck/swimming first or lunch first? If we had lunch first, would we still be able to ride the Aquaduck afterwards with not much wait? Thanks!!
I'm here now, the plan we used was to get on as soon as possible, we were on board around 130. Went straight to the rooms changed into our suits then went right for the aqua duck. The wait was like 15 min 20 min and it was really windy and cold.

The next day Nassau our excursion was later on so we hit the pools, wait time was shorter than it took to write this message. Went three times in about 10 min, the kids probably rode it 10 times. The kids ( hey they are kids) have a lower tolerance for line waiting than I do.

It's a ymmv thing but if I had to do it again, id wait till Nassau.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
Bluegrassfam
Just off the Fantasy, want to go back.

My family and I were on the Fantasy on the 5th of Jan. We were able to grab lunch, then get to our cabin at 1:30. Quick change and straight to the Aquaduck. Only 10 min lines and we must have ridden it 5 times. Lines were longer once the cruise was underway. We just watched the line and when it was short, we went and rode. Have fun.
Bluegrassfam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: