Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
DonaldDuck80
Earning My Ears

My coworkers obviously aren't as big into Disney. :-P

At the office where I work they have a big screen tv and DVD player for lunch use. Since I was told it's anybody's to use and in the two and a half weeks I've been there I haven't seen anybody even go upstairs I decided to take advantage of it. Took me two lunch periods but I enjoyed "A Goofy Movie".
Today after I finished I went back into the office. One guy asked if I figured it out ok and I said yes. Another guy asked what movie I watched and I replied, "A Goofy Movie". His response? "What kind of goofy movie?" ".........The Disney Goofy Movie."
I didn't make much of it and explained I'm a huge Disney fanatic. I just laughed at my own nerdiness that it didn't make sense to me that he had no clue what movie I was talking about. I just assumed he'd know exactly the movie I named.
DonaldDuck80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuck80 View Post
At the office where I work they have a big screen tv and DVD player for lunch use. Since I was told it's anybody's to use and in the two and a half weeks I've been there I haven't seen anybody even go upstairs I decided to take advantage of it. Took me two lunch periods but I enjoyed "A Goofy Movie".
Today after I finished I went back into the office. One guy asked if I figured it out ok and I said yes. Another guy asked what movie I watched and I replied, "A Goofy Movie". His response? "What kind of goofy movie?" ".........The Disney Goofy Movie."
I didn't make much of it and explained I'm a huge Disney fanatic. I just laughed at my own nerdiness that it didn't make sense to me that he had no clue what movie I was talking about. I just assumed he'd know exactly the movie I named.
I've never heard of it.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
diznygirl
I have a symmetry thing
It is always important to know what team the whackjobs are playing for!
It was the wedding with a two-meatball limit

Sounds like he thought you meant goofy as in silly, and not goofy as in Goofy.

I bet he feels goofy when he figures it out!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:50 PM   #4
DonaldDuck80
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznygirl
Sounds like he thought you meant goofy as in silly, and not goofy as in Goofy.

I bet he feels goofy when he figures it out!
That was pretty funny. I do think he thought I meant goofy as in silly until I explained it was a Disney movie.

I'm still new so I don't know how to quote multiple times in a post....... But A Goofy Movie? How can one not have heard of it? Given my shock is probably out of my own bias as it's my absolute favorite Disney movie. Please don't think I'm trying to be mean asking.
It's like a comedy, road trip and coming-of-age movie all in one. I think I love it so much more now cause I have a son myself. Now I get all teary eyed at the dialogue, "I'm not a little boy anymore dad! I've grown up! I have my own life now!"
"I know that! I just wanna be part of it! No matter how big you get, you'll always be my son!"
My son is only one but I hope I can lean on this dialogue myself when he becomes an independent teenager.
DonaldDuck80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
wishesuponastar
DIS Veteran

Awww what a cute line from that movie. My girls and I have seen the movie but it's been awhile. Glad you are using the tv at work
wishesuponastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That was pretty funny. I do think he thought I meant goofy as in silly until I explained it was a Disney movie.

I'm still new so I don't know how to quote multiple times in a post....... But A Goofy Movie? How can one not have heard of it? Given my shock is probably out of my own bias as it's my absolute favorite Disney movie. Please don't think I'm trying to be mean asking.
It's like a comedy, road trip and coming-of-age movie all in one. I think I love it so much more now cause I have a son myself. Now I get all teary eyed at the dialogue, "I'm not a little boy anymore dad! I've grown up! I have my own life now!"
"I know that! I just wanna be part of it! No matter how big you get, you'll always be my son!"
My son is only one but I hope I can lean on this dialogue myself when he becomes an independent teenager.

Based on context, I figured it was a Disney movie, but I never heard of it either. It sounds like there's a sweet story line to it.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

That was my sons favorite when he was three. He'd put on shades, turn his hat around and dance!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #8
shoney
DIS Veteran

LOL...I would have thought the same thing as your co-worker.

I never saw the movie, but saw the preview a million times. It was on my son's VHS version of Toy Story that he watched everyday for a year straight!!! That was 10 years ago!
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #9
deserrai
DIS Veteran

My DD3 loves that movie and I understand what you mean about coworkers. Mine all think there is something seriously wrong with me because every time I go on vacation or every other year when I get to choose a CPE conference my choice is, guess what, Disney!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #10
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Im also surprised as to how many have never heard of A Goofy Movie. Very surprised actually! I think its one of Goofy's most popular movies!! its great! I love it. We have it at home. OP, I would have been right beside you with a big bowl of popcorn. Everyone at my work knows im a disney freak too. They ask "so, youre going to disney again this year?". LOL! They get me!

Quote:

I love that part too, its so sweet. I have an almost 13 year old, so pretty soon he wont wanna hang with me, only friends. So i have to cherish every moment i have with him right now.

RE: quoting multiple posts in a single post....beside the "quote" button for each post there's a plus sign. Click on the plus sign for every post you want to quote. Then at the bottom or top of the page, click on POST REPLY. And voila!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #11
jgh
Peter Pan!

Haha, that's fantastic. A Goofy Movie is one of my favorites!

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #12
Carl
DIS Veteran

Yes, unless you are in the Disney "mode," goofy just means silly. I've never seen it, either.
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #13
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

I love that movie!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #14
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Unless you have children who enjoy Disney movies, I can understand them never hearing of it. Not exactly a common movie for most folks. If nobody else is using the machine, enjoy it, but I wouldn't be surprised if folks had no idea what you were talking about.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #15
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

My kids love A Goofy Movie. They got hooked on it after I played Once Upon a Christmas... they loved the skit with Max and Goofy, so they wanted to see more!
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: