Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

I can't get this girl out of my head! (Warning, sad photo)

I am a huge fan of pet adoption. I currently am the mom to 4 adopted dogs...Isobel (adopted chihuahua) Elvis (adopted chihuahua) Lucy (adopted stray spaniel mix) and Saylor (adopted Boykin spaniel). I donate time and money to our local SPCA and am a friend on Facebook. This weekend, this girl's picture went up. (warned you! )

I can't get her out of my head! My heart is breaking for her. I've contacted the SPCA and offered to medically foster her ( I'm an RN so bandage changes and meds etc don't bother me) and so far, no news...But I just can't stop thinking about her. It doesn't help that she looks just like my Isobel

We live in a large home, (3000sq foot) with a fenced back yard and resources to care for her. My dogs don't exactly have it rough..

Lucy and Elvis.

My husband would not be excited about adding another to the crowd, but I don't think he'll tell me no either. He didn't say anything about me offering to foster her.

Even if I don't get to keep her I just want her to go to a good home where she is loved and protected for the rest of her days. My heart aches for her.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

poor, sweet baby. what happened?

i fostered a Miniature Pinscher once who'd had a big chunk bitten out of his hip area. he was the SWEETEST thing. if i hadn't been really pregnant and we didn't already have two dogs, we would've adopted him. alas, he found a really great forever home. even my DH loved him.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Oh poor little thing. Go get her!
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
poor, sweet baby. what happened?
I don't know. She was found that way wandering on the street in a rural area not far from where we live. She was turned in to the shelter.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #5
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

You are so kind to think of her. Maybe you should go to the center personally?

By the way, I love the pose and expression of your spaniel. They are all cute!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Go get her. She needs you! You might be the perfect person to help her! I agree with the suggestion to go in person!
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Poor little thing.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #8
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Breaks my heart when I see or hear about animals like this. I just can't afford to take in or take care of any more.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #9
Ponygirl
Mouseketeer

I hope the butthead that let this happen has warts grow on them in the most unlikely places. And then I hope they get infected with an antibiotic resistant bug. And then I hope they itch constantly.

Poor little thing. So tiny and defenseless.
Ponygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #10
Domo
DIS Veteran

We rescued a little Westie called Harry a few months ago, who has sadly passed on.

The mite was physically and mentally abused from an early age and when we got him we could not pet or stroke him because he thought we were lining him up for a beating.

It makes me furious to think that people do this to poor innocent creatures.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #11
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

I am betting it was an animal injury- meaning something tried to grab it by the ear. Particularly if he was wandering around outside. I don't want to think a person would do that to that sweet little face.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #12
Ponygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
I am betting it was an animal injury- meaning something tried to grab it by the ear. Particularly if he was wandering around outside. I don't want to think a person would do that to that sweet little face.
I agree that it was probably an animal injury. However, it is the human's job to protect them and that includes not letting a tiny little dog wander around outside where it can be harmed. However, never underestimate how cruel people can be!

Hopefully, this tiny one will find a loving protective home. All pets deserve no less.
Ponygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #13
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post

By the way, I love the pose and expression of your spaniel. They are all cute!
Thanks! Isn't Lucy gorgeous! She's a story of her own. My daughter was in the middle of nowhere SC and stopped for gas at a gas station/chicken place. There was a man out front asking if anyone wanted a puppy. DD didn't. But when she saw that the puppy was in a box in the TRUNK of the car when it was 80+ degrees out and when she saw how tiny she was (way too young to be taken away from her mother and litter) she took her just so she'd be safe.

Since DD couldn't have a dog at her rental, we took her in and hand raised her since she was 4-5 weeks old. Now she thinks she's a person and is a spoiled little beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
I think it was an animal injury also. She was either a bait dog, or attacked because she was out on the street by a bigger animal. I just don't understand how people cannot be responsible for their pets. If you don't have the time or interest, don't get one. It's not that hard of a concept.

I'll be calling the shelter again today and if I can't find anything else out, I'll stop by with DH...We literally adopted Elvis 3 weeks ago after watching everyday for a second chihuahua to show up at the shelter. He's the busiest, naughtiest puppy ever. Thankfully his adorableness keeps him from getting flushed like a goldfish (just kidding, obviously).
Old 01-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #14
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

If you really want to foster the chihuahua, don't stop with an e-mail -- call or visit the shelter where the dog was taken. A lot of shelters are staffed mainly by volunteers, and they don't always get to e-mails as quickly as they can get to phone calls or people standing in their lobbies.

Although, with an injury like that, and a face that sweet, I imagine the shelter was inundated with offers to help. It's the most extreme cases that get the most response.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I would definitely go in and talk to them. Also, keep in mind if this sweetie was a bait dog (likely considering that owie ) they may not know her temperament with other dogs just yet so they may not let her go into a home with other dogs. Good luck, let us know what you find out.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: