Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #16
Pnerissa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishesuponastar View Post
What did they do for you? Sorry you have this vertigo.
They prescribed me Meclizine and also gave me a shot for the vomiting (I was really getting knocked for a loop.) After that I did some research and found a couple of videos posted by a Michigan University on YouTube that showed how to position your head to help relieve the symptoms.

Mine seemed to come on slowly over the course of a couple of months and then one day, wham! I'm on the floor, the walls were spinning. I couldn't turn my head without vomiting. I slept on the floor because it was the only thing I knew for certain wasn't moving. The very next morning I was at the doctor's office. The doctor mentioned that it's very common to get it as we get older because of the crystals in the ear moving around. Coincidentally I've developed a secret hatred for those tiny crystals...

I haven't had an episode since November. I'm kinda hoping it's done and over with... *crosses fingers*

Bev
Pnerissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #17
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

I clicked on this link because I'm dizzy now. I've had a cold for almost a week and today it feels like that time I drank too much and was hugging the floor so the world would stop spinning. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow.

In case anyone else clicks on this thread: I also get vertigo that is associated with my migraines. My neurologist told me that folks who get migraines and tend to get car or motion sick are likely to experience vertigo. My vertigo usually comes without the migraine pain, when I'm lying down. I haven't had a migraine or the associated vertigo in a while. *knock on wood*

MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: