Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
SwimBikeRun
Mouseketeer

Sharing pizza at Via Napoli

Hi!

We have an ADR for Via Napoli for lunch on our Epcot day. We'll be paying OOP. What size pizza would you recommend for sharing? I looked on all ears but I can't really get a good idea of size. I'd like to not leave so completely stuffed that we can't enjoy snacks around the world. It'll be me and my two pizza loving sons, ages 10 and 8. I was thinking the size that serves 2 - 3 but will it be too much?
SwimBikeRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
HappyHaunts999
Mouseketeer

Unless the boys are very light eaters, the 2 -3 people will be fine if all you are getting is pizza. If you are getting a salad or anything else then get the individual.
HappyHaunts999 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Please bear in mind that the VN pizza has a very thin crust. Piece per piece it won't be quite as filling as the type of pizza you may be accustomed to It's really good, but a bit different.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

I would go with the pizza that serves2-3. DH and I usually share an Individual and add salad. Even if you add salad I don't think the Individual would be enough pizza for the three of you.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
daf
Earning My Ears

When the waiter showed us the individual pizza size we thought it looked too small. We ordered the large pizza and it was absolutely huge, so we carried the extra slices around with us for the rest of the day. We were two people though, and we also shared an appetizer and wanted to leave room for dessert.

The main reason why we ordered the large pizza was because that way we could ask for each half to be a different kind of pizza (you can't do that with an individual pizza).
Oct 2010: off property
Jan 2013: Art of Animation + Wilderness Lodge
daf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

We got the "large" that serves 2-3 and it fed my husband, myself and our 10-year-old son. We were definitely full when we left!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

My wife and I

split the large and it was plenty. She loves thin crust adn devoured half the pizza...I waas tempted to order a salad but when I saw the size of the pizza I changed my mind

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimBikeRun View Post
Hi!

We have an ADR for Via Napoli for lunch on our Epcot day. We'll be paying OOP. What size pizza would you recommend for sharing? I looked on all ears but I can't really get a good idea of size. I'd like to not leave so completely stuffed that we can't enjoy snacks around the world. It'll be me and my two pizza loving sons, ages 10 and 8. I was thinking the size that serves 2 - 3 but will it be too much?
How many slices do your kids eat at home? I also have 2 sons and when they were 10 they were both downing 3 normal slices a piece. At the minimum a large. If they really love pizza it won't be too much.

We got the large with the family salad and it was perfect for my family of 4. not a crumb left and we were not over stuffed.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #9
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

The individual pizza is about 11" in diameter. I've read that the large is about 20" in diameter and the 1/2 meter is a rectangle.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

A large would be perfect so you can still snack around the world. We love the pizza here. Have a great time!
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I'd go with the large.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: