Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
allison0523
Mouseketeer

Adding person to cruise-don't give up hope!

I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone. We booked a 3 night cruise on the Dream on May 5th for a cruise that leaves the end of June. I originally booked it for myself, husband and son (4). Then, my cousin, who is a Disney fanatic asked to come. Online, it showed there were plenty of rooms in almost every balcony category open on the ship. We originally booked a 7A guarantee. So, I called to see if I could add her but was told I couldn't add her to our room because we booked a 7A and there were no more 7A's available, so I would have to "upgrade" to a 6B to add her. This would cost over $1000 more just for her. Funny thing is, we were already assigned a room above a 6B. Anyways, my cousin couldn't afford the $1000 plus, so I said thanks anyways.
Fast forward 2 weeks later and well within the penalty date, I keep checking online hoping something will open up. And presto! Category 7A is now available to book 4 in! So, I call back and they say, yes we can add another adult to the room for $600. I was so excited!
So, the moral of the story is that availability changes daily. Whether people upgrade or cancel, keep checking back because something might open up. No matter how late it is.
Now, if only we could get a port upgrade to the Walt Disney Suite!!! lol
allison0523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Great news. Yes persistence can pay off.

So a few questions. Are you still a GTY? Are you still a 7a GTY?
Or is it a 6b still? Etc., etc.
When you added the 4th person did you get a room assignment.

I feel you are lucky, because end of June Dream cruises fill fast. You booked last minute. Again glad it worked out.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
allison0523
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
Great news. Yes persistence can pay off.

So a few questions. Are you still a GTY? Are you still a 7a GTY?
Or is it a 6b still? Etc., etc.
When you added the 4th person did you get a room assignment.

I feel you are lucky, because end of June Dream cruises fill fast. You booked last minute. Again glad it worked out.
I know, thank you! Really, there was only 1 cruise that appeared to be sold out on the Dream. The rest appeared to have a lot of availability. Strange, I thought. And, we booked a 7A but were assigned a 5B. We booked through Costco and were assigned our room the day after I made the reservation. I think we got a great room due to a lot of availability still. IDK. And yes, we were able to keep the same room. The only thing was that they couldn't guarantee that our 4th person would be able to eat with us. She was assigned late seating and the other 3 of us have early seating. But, I am optimistic that we can work this out one way or another.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison0523 View Post
... The only thing was that they couldn't guarantee that our 4th person would be able to eat with us. She was assigned late seating and the other 3 of us have early seating. But, I am optimistic that we can work this out one way or another.
Thanks. That dining quirk is just Costco. Another example of how clueless they are regarding DCL.

Let me just repeat what I thought you were told by Costco.

All travelers are booked in same cabin under the same ressie #.
Yet the first three pax will dine early, while the late added pax will have late dining. This is absurd. Trust me, all 4 of you will dine at the same table. Early seating at that. You may have table mates, but you all will be seated together.

This is funny. I've heard a lot of anomalies out of Costco, but this one tops them all.

After more thought, I would call back to assure your early dining wasn't changed to late for all, after your tweak.

Also, will you verify there was no change fee added by Costco, because you gave them more $.

TIA
Old 05-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Which cruise are you on? We are doing the 6/20 and the 6/27. Just booked the 6/20 cruise this past Monday on Fl resident rate. That's a 5a. Booked the 6/27 back at beginning of may. That is a VGT and I'm still waiting on an assignment. My son is 4 too...he LOVES Oceanears club!
boogabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabuzz View Post
Which cruise are you on? We are doing the 6/20 and the 6/27. Just booked the 6/20 cruise this past Monday on Fl resident rate. That's a 5a. Booked the 6/27 back at beginning of may. That is a VGT and I'm still waiting on an assignment. My son is 4 too...he LOVES Oceanears club!
Wow, it will be fascinating if DCL gives you the same cabin for both.
Is that something you would prefer?
Would love for you to report back on this cabin(s) booking/assignment.

TIA
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, it will be fascinating if DCL gives you the same cabin for both.
Is that something you would prefer?
Would love for you to report back on this cabin(s) booking/assignment.

TIA
I will let you know. It really doesn't matter to me where we are at. I would prefer aft over forward, but forward is fine too. We are in 9644 the first one. That room is about perfect for my liking. Great view of Castaway from the verandah. Less overhead obstruction of our view(like on deck 10 with 11 overhang right above) Very close to aft elevators...perfect for us since our son loves the Oceanears, and we love the district
Old 05-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Did you book directly with DCL or use a TA?

Wow, I would call whoever you booked with, and note on the VGT ressie that you would love the same cabin. I know, no notes on ressies for *GT cabins , but still, it's worth a shot on this one.

After all, the first cabin # was booked specifically.
The least they could do for a FL resident, is set you up in the same cabin for your B2B.

Then again, of course you hardly paid retail for either cabin, so .....

Anyway, I would still call someone.

Good luck w/same cabin. It my wish list as you can see.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you book directly with DCL or use a TA?

Wow, I would call whoever you booked with, and note on the VGT ressie that you would love the same cabin. I know, no notes on ressies for *GT cabins , but still, it's worth a shot on this one.

After all, the first cabin # was booked specifically.
The least they could do for a FL resident, is set you up in the same cabin for your B2B.

Then again, of course you hardly paid retail for either cabin, so .....

Anyway, I would still call someone.

Good luck w/same cabin. It my wish list as you can see.

This is actually not a B2B. It's the 3n on 6/20 and 3n on 6/27. Gives me a 4 day break between to take care of laundry.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #10
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

I see ..... So much for my scenario/fantasy. lol.

Interesting booking.

Plenty of time to regroup/assess, and attack again.

Sounds good. Good luck, and happy cruising.

ETA; Yeah, I got all excited about how DCL would handle those cabin assignments for that B2B.
I would have loved to have heard those results.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #11
allison0523
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabuzz View Post
We are on the 6/27. Maybe the boys can get together. Our son loved the kids club on Carnival. He keeps asking me if Disney has a kids club. lol
And I have been happy with using Costco. Initially, when she told me we had to do the late dining, I thought she meant everyone had to switch. Then, she said no, just the person I added. I just said, whatever, figuring we could work it out. On our last cruise in Feb., our son didn't want to eat with us anyways. He went to the kids club. But, I don't know how that works on Disney and whether they have a kids buffet like Carnival did.
I really think that bookings are down for this summer. Only the June 24h 4day appeared to be sold out. We almost booked the June 20th but I would have to get an extra day off from work.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: