Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 AM   #46
DisneyATlast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'snewestfan View Post
Trust me when I say there are times when I'd have happily paid $20 to go to the bathroom. I used to work in a school where teachers covered their own classes for lunch and recess. One year my kids had the last specials, 6 hours after school started. I knew better than to drink much at breakfast or during the school day, but sometimes you just have to go change a tampon.

I actually think that one of the reasons why some teachers, and I think it's a small subset of the profession, are so stingy with the bathroom breaks is that they've been conditioned to think that it's somehow OK to deny someone a bathroom break.

I also have to say that I'm surprised that there are schools that have "bathroom breaks" in elementary school. My school does them with the 3 year olds, and with the 4's and K's during the first few weeks, but beyond that we don't take them en masse, and certainly not in the upper elementary grades. Kids go when they need to go, with reasonable limits, IMO, such as not during mini lessons unless it's an emergency (mini lessons last about 10 - 15 minutes at the start of each class), not during fire drills, and no more than 2 kids of the same gender out of a class to use the bathroom at a time.
There were never any "bathroom breaks" penciled in the schedule or anything, but any teacher who is reasonable and doesn't want 10 different kids asking if they can go to the bathroom during class is probably going to make a stop by the bathroom on the way back to class from lunch, gym, recess, etc. Besides the fact that it makes sense to take a bathroom break while the whole class is near the bathroom, it's good for the kids to know, "Well, after lunch we'll stop by the bathroom so I don't need to ask right now." They kind of know when they'll have another chance to go just like they know when they're going to eat lunch. I never told a kid they HAD to go during a break, but they knew if they didn't go then I really didn't wanna see them going to grab the bathroom pass 10 minutes later. There's a big difference in not needing to go to the bathroom and not wanting to stop what you're doing to go to the bathroom because you're not about to bust.
DisneyATlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #47
dogluva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1hoosierfan View Post
Just curious? What is wrong with the word puke?
I don't know, I guess it is just one of those words I don't like. I have many but puke is up there. Am I the only one? I would rather say vomit althought hat is not much better.
dogluva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #48
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluva View Post
I don't know, I guess it is just one of those words I don't like. I have many but puke is up there. Am I the only one? I would rather say vomit althought hat is not much better.
Now see vomit sends chills down my spine, I would rather hear puked. Funny how certain words bother people.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread