Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Wedding Day Hair and Make Up?

Memories wedding booked for July 2013 can anyone recommend hair and make up? We are staying at Saratoga and I know that the Buena Vista Palace directly across the street has a hairdressers and beautician (I think it's called cosmetology in the US??). Although I see that you can also have somone come to you for these services at your resort hotel. Thing is, I don't have long hair (for an 'up do') so I was thinking of more of a shampoo and styling (my hair is in a 'bob' style and pretty straight!) although I may try and grow it a little to perhaps have some ringlet type curls put in with the straightening irons. If I have someone come to me in my hotel room, there probably wont be many options for me in terms of hair style - though it sounds appealing as it would be easier.... I'm also thinking that it probably wouldn't be beneficial for someone to come to me (business wise) as it will just be me ..... any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by SugarPlumFairyUK; 01-28-2013 at 03:03 PM.
SugarPlumFairyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
VFG
Disney Bride

I'm wondering about this too since it will be just me as well. When are you getting married? I'm July 26.
VFG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

I know many of the girls here use Beauté Spécialé (myself included) or Patricia Lejeune. They'll both come to your hotel room even if you're the only one having your hair/makeup done.

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFG View Post
I'm wondering about this too since it will be just me as well. When are you getting married? I'm July 26.
We're a couple of weeks before you! Must admit it all seems a bit surreal at the moment ....
Old 01-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyjess View Post
I know many of the girls here use Beauté Spécialé (myself included) or Patricia Lejeune. They'll both come to your hotel room even if you're the only one having your hair/makeup done.
Thank you - I have checked out BS's website and they look very professional and will also visit Disney properties so I think I will see if they are available. I hope they can perform miracles!!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarPlumFairyUK

Thank you - I have checked out BS's website and they look very professional and will also visit Disney properties so I think I will see if they are available. I hope they can perform miracles!!
Lol I'm hoping they can too!

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyjess View Post
Lol I'm hoping they can too!
Yes I think the airbrushing option looks like it might help .. will definitely be going for that!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
carolwoodpacific
Earning My Ears

I am using Beaute Speciale and good news(!) - they can do short hair in a resort room. My mom has short hair and just wants a blow dry and style, and they said they can absolutely do that. They requested that she wash her hair right before they come. The cost is $60 for short hair (subject to change, but that's what I was quoted).
Old 01-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
carolwoodpacific
Earning My Ears

Also, regarding airbrushing, the gal I spoke with at Beaute Speciale said that airbrushing is best for people with oily skin, or for those that want a "matte" look (versus a "dewy / fresh" look with regular make-up).
Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #10
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolwoodpacific View Post
Also, regarding airbrushing, the gal I spoke with at Beaute Speciale said that airbrushing is best for people with oily skin, or for those that want a "matte" look (versus a "dewy / fresh" look with regular make-up).
Thanks so much for that information! I read that airbrushing is good for hot weather so thought that might help in the Florida sunshine
Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

I highly recommend Janet Mednick of Onsite Beauty. She did my hair and makeup three times during our VR trip. Twice it was just me having it done and on the actual day, we had 2 adults and 2 kids. She was awesome to work with. I can't say enough good things about her.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #12
wiserabbit
Addicted to Pixe Dust

I second BethieTink - also used Janet and she was great - I was the only one - she did hair and make up -
Old 02-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #13
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiserabbit View Post
I second BethieTink - also used Janet and she was great - I was the only one - she did hair and make up -
Thanks wiserabbit
Old 02-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #14
laurab84
Mouseketeer

when we had all the paperwork cone through there was a tick box for hair, makeup and nails. I just ticked the boxes and a lovely lady arrived in the day to do all three and mother in laws make up. this was 7 years ago, I have no idea of her name but I trusted who ever Disney sent. I also had someone come and steam my dress as it had traveled fromitted the UK. Xx

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
laurab84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #15
disbride713
Loves Disney

I highly recommend Patricia LeJeune. She listens to what you like or want, and does an amazing job matching your inspiration photos. I used her for my engagement photo shoot in June, my hair and makeup lasted in the 90 degree, high humidity day (and it rained a bit) for 11 hours and it still looked fresh. I booked her for my wedding day and she style 3 of us, again the hair and makeup lasted all day and into the wee hours. I can't say enough good things about the products, but also her - she is just wonderful!

disbride713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: