Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #46
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh.....look at all that snow! I seriously don't know that I could deal with that every Winter. But, I guess if it were where I had lived all of my life, I wouldn't know any different.

Uggh, I hate that you weren't feeling well on the days leading up to the trip and during the flight. Being sick like that can zap the energy right out of you.

The girls are such cutie pies! I'm loving all of the pictures of them. Especially the ones in the new Little Mermaid rooms.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #47
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

What a bummer that you started the trip not feeling well.

But your flight and ME trip seemed to go pretty well. I don't have kids myself but will be traveling with a 8, 6 and 2 year old next January so it should be an interesting change.

Love the pictures of AOA. I must stay there someday!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #48
FancyNancy
Princess

I'm in! I read your last TR and loved it

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #49
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Okay... Claudia is so cute! I miss my girls being that small!!! I would be completely happy with a TR of cute baby shots! That really stinks that you were not feeling well at all... I think every Dec TR involves illnesses this year! Just out of curiosity we want to go In Jan- when did the crowds thin out?
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #50
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Glad you were finally feeling a little better once you were close to WDW. Love all the pictures!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #51
Mainemama
Mouseketeer

Subbing! We leave in 18 days for our first trip with baby (7 months). It has been a sick month in our house, too. I am hoping to benefit from your mishaps. Sorry! We are also travelling with a 5 year old with a broken collarbone , so we need the baby part to go smoothly! One question... Did you use an infant seat stroller or a sitting up type stroller? Thanks!
Mainemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #52
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Great start Mel, sorry you were feeling so lousy though.

Adorable pics of the girls on the bed

Your room looks nice! We had a quick look around AoA on our last trip and it looks awesome!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #53
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am sorry you were feeling so crummy even before your trip. Having had the stomach flu last week, I know it is not pleasant and I probably wouldn't have had any excitement if we were leaving on a trip either.

The baby cuteness is just too much....your daughter is absolutely beautiful and I just want to very carefully pinch her cheeks.

Sorry you had to wait for awhile during check-in...especially not feeling well. But your room was ready. And what a cute room (I don't do value resorts, but I promised Mark one night at the AOA for his business trip in April). Cute towel animals.

Can't wait to hear where you went to eat and how you were feeling.
The only thing that would have made it worse is if it had been the stomach flu. That's what I was afraid of the most! I'm sorry you were sick, even at home it sucks.

LOL. I'll very carefully pinch her cheeks for you.

Obviously the rooms at AoA are small, but they are the most beautifully Disney themed of all the resorts. I'm glad you are giving it a try! Plus, they have family suites if you prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh my gosh.....look at all that snow! I seriously don't know that I could deal with that every Winter. But, I guess if it were where I had lived all of my life, I wouldn't know any different.

Uggh, I hate that you weren't feeling well on the days leading up to the trip and during the flight. Being sick like that can zap the energy right out of you.

The girls are such cutie pies! I'm loving all of the pictures of them. Especially the ones in the new Little Mermaid rooms.
Well that was one of the worse snowstorm we've had in years. I had seen that much snow before, but not many times. I may be used to the snow, but I still hate it and would move down south in a second if it were possible and if it didn't mean being so far away from the rest of my family.

That's exactly it. Being sick zapped all my energy, both physically and emotionally.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
What a bummer that you started the trip not feeling well.

But your flight and ME trip seemed to go pretty well. I don't have kids myself but will be traveling with a 8, 6 and 2 year old next January so it should be an interesting change.

Love the pictures of AOA. I must stay there someday!
It sucked to feel sick and not be excited about the trip. I'm so glad the flight and ME went well, it helped make me feel better. That should be fun for you, to see WDW through the eyes of children.

Oh yes, you must stay at AoA. It's wonderful!!! The pics do not do it justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I'm in! I read your last TR and loved it
I'm glad you decided to post instead of just lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Okay... Claudia is so cute! I miss my girls being that small!!! I would be completely happy with a TR of cute baby shots! That really stinks that you were not feeling well at all... I think every Dec TR involves illnesses this year! Just out of curiosity we want to go In Jan- when did the crowds thin out?
Thank you! Well, most babies don't stay as small as Claudia for very long. She's special. I know what you mean though. You're in luck, there will be lots of cute baby shots. I know, everyone seems to be getting sick this year! Whether it's in TRs or on Facebook, that's all I hear about.

I had done research about the crowds and both people who had gone before during that time as well as Touring Plans' crowd calendar said that the crowds would thin out starting on the 2nd. That was not the case. I think because the 1st was a Tuesday lots of schools did not go back until the following Monday. Also, Disney had a discount starting on the 2nd. My theory is that those two things are the main reason why the crowds did not thin out until the weekend (Jan 5 & 6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
Glad you were finally feeling a little better once you were close to WDW. Love all the pictures!!!
It was nice to finally be getting excited about Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainemama View Post
Subbing! We leave in 18 days for our first trip with baby (7 months). It has been a sick month in our house, too. I am hoping to benefit from your mishaps. Sorry! We are also travelling with a 5 year old with a broken collarbone , so we need the baby part to go smoothly! One question... Did you use an infant seat stroller or a sitting up type stroller? Thanks!

Oh man! I feel bad for you, what with the sickness and broken collarbone. I won't have time to write many updates before you leave, so it won't help you much. You should send me a PM (private message) and I'll try to help you as best as I can. As for the stroller, check out this post from my PTR. It shows what stroller we brought. We bought it specifically for the trip. She had never been in it before, but we loved it! You can't really use one with an infant seat, because you need to fold it every time you take the bus and it would be a hassle. An umbrella stroller is the way to go, unless you want to rent one (we almost did that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Great start Mel, sorry you were feeling so lousy though.

Adorable pics of the girls on the bed

Your room looks nice! We had a quick look around AoA on our last trip and it looks awesome!
Thanks. After feeling so bad and having it almost ruin our trip, I'm never skipping the flu shot again!

AoA is amazing! It's is so well themed and totally Disney. We loved it!

ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #54
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ugh I'm sorry you guys were both sick before your trip! Especially you though, still not feeling well while traveling, that's the worst!

Glad to hear Claudia did a good job flying! She's so cute! Love the pics of her on the Little Mermaid bed! Isn't that room so adorable?

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #55
JenetixK
Mouseketeer

Hi! I just found your trip report and I'd love to hear about your trip with a little one! We took our daughter when she was almost 2 and it was kind of a disaster. We went when she was almost 3 and it was awesome. Now she's 4 and we have an infant, but want to go back! While we're deciding, I'm reading trip reports to get my Disney fix.
JenetixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #56
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Definitely NOT the way to start a trip . I'm so sorry that you guys had to be sick!

WHOA. Now that's some snow! I've only seen that much snow once in my life when there was a freak blizzard here in GA. Everything shut down for two weeks!

Otaku likes the thumbs up, I see. All the kids at Julia's school are favoring the peace sign these days. Kids crack me up...but I guess she's a young lady, really!

Those Claudia pictures are just for me, right? Such a cutie pie! Can never tire of seeing that sweet face!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #57
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Oh man, that darn flu! It has been an awful winter for illness so far! I am bummed to hear you had to take it to Disney with you!
I am glad to hear your flight went well though! Uneventful flights are the best! And changing poo diapers on a plane....... I hear ya there LOL!!!

Claudia has sent us into cuteness overload! What a sweetie pie, I know this report is going to be full of sweet pictures! Otaku seems like a wonderful big sister! Love AoA too!!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #58
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Mel I'm so sorry that you were feeling so poorly. (I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who gets too excited to sleep the night before a trip though).

I was sooo confused about where to pick up the stroller the first time we flew with Maddie. I went all the way up, then tried to go back down and security stopped me. OOPS!

Oh those pictures of Claudia are just precious! I'm with Kathy-I'd love to *safely* pinch those little cheeks, and probably *safely* eat up her little hands and squish her little legs too.

Can't wait to hear more!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #59
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post

We did stay at two wonderful resorts! I'll probably start my TR by doing a review on both, as I wait for the photopass CD to arrive.
Awesome! Sounds great!!! This is my first time reading one of your TRs so im very excited!

Thanks again!

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:14 AM   #60
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Hi Mel

I'm back along for the ride. Sorry to hear things didnt start off too well, your flu sounds awful.

Claudia seems to have grown so much - she is gorgeous. Love the photo on the bed.

Hope you are all doing okay and looking forward to keeping up.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: