Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #16
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'm here Mel! You know I don't mind all the detail-even the less than magical ones . Can't wait to see all of the pictures!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #17
jenhum
Earning My Ears

Here to read along too!
jenhum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #18
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm here....be back later to read
Old 01-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #19
monica23535
DIS Veteran

I'm here!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #20
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #21
jenniferreich
Mouseketeer

Wonderful start! I look forward to reading more about your trip! Thanks for sharing it with us! Jennifer
jenniferreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #22
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to read about your trip, even if it wasn't the best ever!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #23
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

I would love to read along again!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #24
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm here! Love the intros!
Hi Lisa! I always have a hard time writing the intros, so I'm glad you like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I'm here!! Love your first picture!
Yay! I was going for funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I'm here!!!! Love the pictures in the intro. Sorry this wasn't the trip you expected, but it's great that you wrote down what you did accomplish and found it was a lot of things.

Can't wait to read all about your trip!!
I'm glad you're here! It was hard when we were living it, but now that we are back it's much easier to look back and realize it wasn't so bad after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
I'm In!!! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!!
It's nice to see new faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Count me in!
Nice to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortForever View Post
Great intro! Looking forward to reading the rest.

We were there Jan. 6th - 12th so particularly interested to hear your take on the parks on the days we had in common.
I don't want to give too much away, but Jan 6th and on were our best days. How did you guys find it?

What is your Dis name (FortForever) a reference to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
I'm in.
I hope you enjoy the read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
I'm here of course!!!!!!!!!

As you know I had one of those not-so-magical trips myself! But I took your advice & am focusing only on the positive!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!
Woohoo! I still have days when I think about the trip and my "regrets", but focusing on the positive really does help a lot. I'm glad it's helping you too.

ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #25
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
I like your 'tell-all' tale. And of course your adorable DD!

I'm here to read along!
I think it's interesting to read about the not-so-good parts. Plus, it makes you appreciate the nice parts even more. Not to mention, rarely is a trip completely perfect and it's nice to know you are not the only one who goes through harder times at "the most magical place on earth". And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
I am here....can't wait to read more!
I hope you enjoy my TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
AHH, great start!

I am sorry to hear about your mom... Noone can replace mama! I currently am going through my mom being sick w/ Stage 4 cancer... We actually took her with us this past September b/c I knew it was once in a lifetime, that she probably wouldnt go anywhere with us "big" again.

Can't wait to hear about your trip.
Thank you. Some days are harder than others. It still feels surreal. I really wish I could go visit her, but she's not there anymore. I'm truly sorry you have to go through a similar thing. It's hard to see them getting weaker and weaker. It's like a new grief every time. I'm happy to hear your mom was able to accompany you for one last trip. That must have been so emotional! Did she have a great time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethk78 View Post
Yay, another ronnmel TR! Can't wait to read all about your latest trip. I'm curious to see how the crowd levels changed from New Year's Eve through your departure date. Was this your step-daughter's first trip to WDW? Hopefully she grows to love it like you guys do. Looking forward to your next update.
Wow! I feel like a celebrity.

The crowds changed big time! If you check out my PTR you'll see that we switched our dates by two days because of the flight. I really wish we hadn't because the second part of the trip was so much better! Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20.

It was my step-daughter's third or fourth trip to Walt Disney World. She came with us in 2009 (I wrote a TR for that as part of my honeymoon PTR, link in my signature). She also went with her grandparents (Ron's parents) once or twice before, no one remembers. She enjoys her time there, she's just not obsessed like us. She doesn't know much about the attractions and restaurants there. She's just happy to follow along. Japan is her obsession, though I guess if we said we were going to Tokyo Disney then she would be very interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablady View Post
I'm in ! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! I've never been brave enough to travel during Christmas break.......
We *thought* we were avoiding the crowds for most of the trip by traveling mostly in January. We usually travel in summer, those specific dates were one of the "once in a lifetime" things we were experiencing, because it's usually too expensive (and too crowded).
Old 01-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #26
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Hi I'm here to join! Excited to here about your trip! Great resorts you stayed at...

-FantasiaMagic

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #27
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I'm here Mel! You know I don't mind all the detail-even the less than magical ones . Can't wait to see all of the pictures!
Hey Shan! I'm happy you're here. I've already told you that I'm borrowing your chapter titles. I love the way you write your TR, with the magical and not-so-magical details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhum View Post
Here to read along too!
The more the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here....be back later to read
Hi Kathy! Take your time reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
I'm here!
Hi Monica! So fun to see familiar faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Joining in!!
I'm glad you joined in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferreich View Post
Wonderful start! I look forward to reading more about your trip! Thanks for sharing it with us! Jennifer
It's my pleasure to share my trip with you guys. It's much more fun to relive it in good company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to read about your trip, even if it wasn't the best ever!
Glad you could make it here! I'm okay with it not being the best trip ever. It just means the next one will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
I would love to read along again!
Welcome back!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #28
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasiaMagic View Post
Hi I'm here to join! Excited to here about your trip! Great resorts you stayed at...

-FantasiaMagic

We did stay at two wonderful resorts! I'll probably start my TR by doing a review on both, as I wait for the photopass CD to arrive.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #29
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Mel, you can't get rid of me! You know I'm here! I love how straightforward you always are...but let's admit it, I'm here for cute Claudia pictures and stories:goodvibes!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:10 AM   #30
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Count me in! A lot of the time those less than magical moments make the best stories
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: