Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #256
starousse
DIS Veteran

Awesome review!
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #257
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for the packing list! I have it bookmarked for our trip.

The beach club looks beautiful. I love all of the hidden mickeys.
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #258
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Loved the review of the BC and looking at the photos. We loved the smell in the lobby so much that I bought the air freshener machine for it and the scent refills "Green Clover and Aloe". It is pricey to get the refills though, so I only buy them for special occasions or when I need a real pick me up.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #259
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Hey guys! Just a little quick message to say that I started work yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The students have been really nice with me, so that helps. I've been pretty busy though because of it, and tired too! I'll probably slow down on the updates and replies for a while, until I get back into a more regular routine. Next week is March break (didn't I just plan my return perfectly? ) so I may have a bit more time then.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #260
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Hey guys! Just a little quick message to say that I started work yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The students have been really nice with me, so that helps. I've been pretty busy though because of it, and tired too! I'll probably slow down on the updates and replies for a while, until I get back into a more regular routine. Next week is March break (didn't I just plan my return perfectly? ) so I may have a bit more time then.
Good luck getting back into the work routine!! Look forward to your updates when you can make them

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #261
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Beach Club is amazing!!! What a wonderful review!

I'm glad your first day back went great and the kids were easy in you
What grade do you teach? And you definitely planned your return well! I always look forward to your updates, but you should definitely take your time and let yourself and your family adjust to the new schedule, we will be here patiently waiting

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #262
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Joining in! I subscribed a while ago but just had a chance to catch up!

I hope your sickness goes away. I've been sick in Disney before, it's awful! But, it's still better than being sick at home.

Looking forward to it all!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #263
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey I think you gave a good description of the Beach Club... I also think that it's location can't be beat... Since we have DVC points now... It impacts where we stay...

but I really like the look of AoA and would love to go over there when we're there in July just to check out the common areas and the shop and food court... it all looks very cool... very over the top fantasy Disney architecture...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #264
Disneymoon2013
Dec 2013: 1st time to WDW, getting married, & Disneymooning!

Already subscribing & can't wait to read through it all! You have so many pictures of the resort details, etc!
Disneymoon2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #265
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I could have sworn yours was one of the few TR's I wasn't behind on.

I am loved all of your pictures of the Beach Club. We are staying in a Villa in June for our girls' trip and I cannot wait to have that easy access to Epcot. The Beach Club is one of the last remaining deluxe/DVC resorts I have wanted to try and I'm finally getting to do it.

I can understand some people's (including yours) preference of the values, especially with kids. At our age, we prefer the more "subdued" resort. But I'd probably sleep in a box at almost any of the Disney resorts as long as I was at Disney.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #266
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
It's absolutely beautiful...BUT I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy you like AoA better! It makes me feel like we've made a good choice!

Julia is really into finding Hidden Mickeys. She would love that BC room! Her little camera would never stop!
ETA: I am honored that my organization obsession inspired you! LOL!
You HAVE made a good choice! I'm so excited about you staying at AoA, I don't know how I'm going to wait until your trip.

Julia would have been in HM heaven! We even saw more than has been pictured here!

Thank you for organization inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
The Beach Club looks stunning. I'm glad that you enjoyed it, but I understand liking AoA more. I'm a little worried that we'll stay there or at the Poly (my dreams) one day and find that we wish we'd booked a mod.

I would love to laze around the BC, but who am I kidding I don't relax at Disney!
I'm not sure I would have said the same thing had I stayed at the Poly (also my dream), so don't worry about that. Poly has such a great theme (like the values), lots of grounds to explore (like the mods), and then deluxe things like an awesome pool, being on the monorail, and great restaurants. Plus, it has one of the best counter-services of the deluxe.

Every time I read in a TR that someone relaxed at their resort I get a little jealous, but I just can't do it. It does not feel right to laze around when the parks are so close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Great review of the Beach Club!

I've stayed at BC twice and we love the location too, it definitely cannot be beaten.

I'm glad you liked it, but can understand you liking AoA better, especially if you like all the colorful Disney icons etc.

BC is more our cup of tea, but I would give AoA a shot after having a look around in October, it looks great
Thanks!

Oh yes, the BC is in prime location! We definitely took advantage of that!

I probably would have liked Beach Club better if I had not spent 2 days at AoA right before. It's great that Disney has such different resorts. Something for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I actually love that you preferred AOA. I'm staying moderate this trip but only because my mother will be with us and we will need the queen beds. If it weren't for that we would be staying value for sure just because I like the atmosphere better!
All levels of Disney resorts (values, mods, deluxe) have their advantages and people prefer different things. I agree with you that the atmosphere of the values is just so much fun! If I go to an all inclusive down in the Caribbeans I want relaxation, but down at Disney I need, well, Disney!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #267
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
The Beach Club looks really nice. Mom and I had dinner at Cape May so we got to see some of it. I don't know if I will ever stay at a deluxe. I'm just not in the room enough to justify the extra expense.
It's a nice resort. I probably never would have been able to justify the extra expense either if it hadn't been for the extra money I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Wow! Wow! Wow! The Beach Club looks amazing and the rooms are so pretty! Your detailed review is perfect for someone who is thinking about a possible Beach Club stay.
Thanks! I tried my best. It's a beautiful place that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Awesome review!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Thank you so much for the packing list! I have it bookmarked for our trip.

The beach club looks beautiful. I love all of the hidden mickeys.
You're welcome! I'm thinking of combining of the baby tips and stuff into one post. Would that be helpful?

BC is a beautiful place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Loved the review of the BC and looking at the photos. We loved the smell in the lobby so much that I bought the air freshener machine for it and the scent refills "Green Clover and Aloe". It is pricey to get the refills though, so I only buy them for special occasions or when I need a real pick me up.
That's cool that you got yourself the air freshener machine so you could have a piece of the BC at home!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #268
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Good luck getting back into the work routine!! Look forward to your updates when you can make them
Work has not been as bad as I thought, but I have gotten so behind on the Dis! Thankfully I was able to catch up tonight, so I should be able to update tomorrow or Monday at the latest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Beach Club is amazing!!! What a wonderful review!

I'm glad your first day back went great and the kids were easy in you
What grade do you teach? And you definitely planned your return well! I always look forward to your updates, but you should definitely take your time and let yourself and your family adjust to the new schedule, we will be here patiently waiting
Thanks!

The students have been so nice with me this week!!! I teach grade 2 and grade 5. I'm glad I have a week to relax, especially since I caught a cold! Nothing bad, also not unexpected when you work in a germ factory (a.k.a. a school). Adjusting to the new schedule has been tiring, but I should be able to update several times this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Joining in! I subscribed a while ago but just had a chance to catch up!

I hope your sickness goes away. I've been sick in Disney before, it's awful! But, it's still better than being sick at home.

Looking forward to it all!
I'm glad you took the time to comment. Yes, being sick in Disney beats being sick at home, but it sucks nonetheless! It did go away, at least for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey I think you gave a good description of the Beach Club... I also think that it's location can't be beat... Since we have DVC points now... It impacts where we stay...

but I really like the look of AoA and would love to go over there when we're there in July just to check out the common areas and the shop and food court... it all looks very cool... very over the top fantasy Disney architecture...
Thanks. For sure being able to walk to two parks makes BC in a prime location. I hope you do get a chance to check out AoA. It's beautiful, fun, and has a great food court! Over the top fantasy Disney architecture is a great way to put it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon2013 View Post
Already subscribing & can't wait to read through it all! You have so many pictures of the resort details, etc!
I'm so glad you are enjoying the TR and resorts reviews so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I could have sworn yours was one of the few TR's I wasn't behind on.

I am loved all of your pictures of the Beach Club. We are staying in a Villa in June for our girls' trip and I cannot wait to have that easy access to Epcot. The Beach Club is one of the last remaining deluxe/DVC resorts I have wanted to try and I'm finally getting to do it.

I can understand some people's (including yours) preference of the values, especially with kids. At our age, we prefer the more "subdued" resort. But I'd probably sleep in a box at almost any of the Disney resorts as long as I was at Disney.
Well then I guess it's a good thing I slowed down on the updating. Which reminds me, thanks for not updating too often this week, gave me a chance not to fall so much behind!

I'm sure you'll LOVE the easy access to Epcot! I hope you love Beach Club!

It's so wonderful that Disney has so many different themes and "levels" of resorts. There is something for everyone! Seriously, we would love the values even without kids! In fact, we might find it a bit cramped with kids, we probably love them more without kids. We are the kids ourselves!

Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #269
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Day 3 part 3 – The One With The Turkey Leg

Around 7pm we left our room at the Beach Club. We walked to Hollywood studios using the path by the Yacht Club, Swan & Dolphin and Boardwalk.

Yacht Club

I love how the palm trees are lit up at night between the Swan & Dolphin.

Boardwalk

About 30 minutes later we arrived at DHS and saw the Christmas Tree outside the gate.

Quite a bit of people were leaving the park at that time.

We made a turn onto Sunset Boulevard. Otaku had one thing in mind and one thing only. She wanted a Turkey Leg!

She shared it with her dad. I had a little bit of an appetite, so I got something easy on my stomach: Chicken nuggets and fries.

This is what was left of the Turkey Leg... Otaku insisted we take that picture.

We got up and took a few pictures are Sunset Boulevard as we made our way back to the center of the park.

Not today my dear Tower of Terror.

We veered towards the entrance of the park, but not to leave. We went into the Head to Toe store to buy our Minnie Ears.

Ron got Star Wars R2D2 ears, but I don’t have a picture of it at that time. It was now time to make our way to the Streets of America.

Up Next, Osborne Lights

Last edited by ronnmel; 03-05-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #270
Queila
DIS Veteran

Love the picture with the Minnie years. You guys look so cute. Beach Club looks amazing. Every time we go eat at Cape May we talk about how much we dream about staying there one day. However, during our last trip I realized that one of the things we love the most about deluxes -their yummy restaurants- is also the very thing that annoys me the most about them. It just attracts so much traffic!! The lobbies are always full of people just hanging out and doesn't feel as cozy as a moderate or even a value. Just a little down side. I would still take any deluxe any day though. Haha
Queila is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: