Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #166
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

So scary that a fight broke out, but glad you got out of there just before it started and were all safe!

I'm really glad that the tree wasn't up in MK when I was there, as I really liked the view from the train station for pictures.

Glad Ron, Otaku and even Claudia got to enjoy Fantasy in the Sky, and he recorded it so you could watch it later. The screen captures look incredible! I hope you felt better the next day!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #167
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Awwww I'm sad you were too sick to enjoy your NYE I am glad that at least Ron and the girls got to see the fireworks and that Claudia slept in for you guys!
I cannot believe someone threw punches in MK, that is just sad and total ridiculous, some people

Can't wait to hear more!!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #168
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

So sorry you weren't able to enjoy your New Year's celebration. I remember how excited you were for that during your PTR.
about the fight right behind you. Sometimes I really wonder what gets into people.
Sure hope getting some rest helps you feel better the next day.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #169
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Ok, i'm here and subbed! So, I know EXACTLY what a bad idea pushing yourself that first day is! YOu can look forward to that from me as well lol! The fireworks look amazing! Sorry you had to miss them, but it was smart to go back and rest! I'm tired for Otaku and Ron reading that 1:15 arrival home lolol
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #170
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love the PP pics! Wow! MK sounds crazy. I can't believe that people were fighting on Main Street.

The Poly sounds like a really nice place to watch the fireworks, but I am so sorry that you weren't feeling well.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #171
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

aew I hate being sick at Disney,especially when its to a point that you can't enjoy what you know you normally would

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #172
auroralark
Lives for vacation

I'm sorry you didn't feel well! The only time I was in Disney for NYE we didn't have a good time either (because we were stupid and didn't plan right though.) I've been sick at Disney before and it's the worst. I hope you started feeling better the next day!

Many trips as a kid! Offsite, CBR, Offsite, POR, All Star Sports, Offsite 3x May/June '07 Disneymoon @ BWI *
Sep '07 @ POR * May '09 @ CR * July '09 @ POP!Disneyland! Dec '09 - Jan '10 * Universal! July '10 * Sep '10 @ CSR
Jan '11 @ Poly * Solo! Oct '11 @POR * Feb '12 @ AKL
Our Princess arrived! 7/4/12
auroralark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #173
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Who fights at Disneyworld? Like, seriously?

I hate to hear you were so sick on your trip- UGH- when we went both my boys had the snots and that was aggravating to wipe noses the entire time but geez, dizzy and nauseous is the worst!!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #174
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

What a crazy night at MK! I can't believe a fist fight broke out. Well maybe I can, people get a little crazy about spots for parades. I think that's why I hate waited to watch them and usually skip out.

The fireworks from the Poly beach looked beautiful, sorry you didn't get to stay and watch them.
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #175
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
So scary that a fight broke out, but glad you got out of there just before it started and were all safe!

I'm really glad that the tree wasn't up in MK when I was there, as I really liked the view from the train station for pictures.

Glad Ron, Otaku and even Claudia got to enjoy Fantasy in the Sky, and he recorded it so you could watch it later. The screen captures look incredible! I hope you felt better the next day!
I can't believe that not only did a fight broke out, but we were standing right there just seconds before! I can't at least be thankful that we didn't get caught in it. The night would have been catastrophic instead of just bad.

I love Christmas trees, but I strongly dislike the one at MK. It's not even that special compared to some of the other trees (like the one at AK!), and it's in the worse possible place. Everyone traveling before the parade taping like you did are lucky not to have it block their view of the castle.

I'm glad that they were able to enjoy their night despite knowing I was sick. It was very nice of Ron to tape it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Awwww I'm sad you were too sick to enjoy your NYE I am glad that at least Ron and the girls got to see the fireworks and that Claudia slept in for you guys!
I cannot believe someone threw punches in MK, that is just sad and total ridiculous, some people

Can't wait to hear more!!
NYE is one of my favorite holiday, and I love fireworks, especially fireworks in Disney. Next year I am so taking that flu shot. I've learned my lesson!

Claudia sleeping in was awesome! And much needed!

Sad and ridiculous are two great words to describe what happened. Certainly not something I ever thought I would witness at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
So sorry you weren't able to enjoy your New Year's celebration. I remember how excited you were for that during your PTR.
about the fight right behind you. Sometimes I really wonder what gets into people.
Sure hope getting some rest helps you feel better the next day.
I know! I LOVE fireworks and that was one of the one thing I was looking for the most. Even in the days leading up to the trip, since I was so sick I tried to revise my "must-do" list to only a few real MUST-do, and that was one of them.
Fights are bad, but to think we could have been caught in it had we waited 10 more seconds to get out of that crowd... crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
Ok, i'm here and subbed! So, I know EXACTLY what a bad idea pushing yourself that first day is! YOu can look forward to that from me as well lol! The fireworks look amazing! Sorry you had to miss them, but it was smart to go back and rest! I'm tired for Otaku and Ron reading that 1:15 arrival home lolol
Woohoo! Glad you could make it!
Oooh, I can't wait to read about what happened on your first day or because of it. I'm really sad I missed the fireworks, but I try not to think about it too much. Ron is a night owl, and Otaku is a teenager, so coming home that late did not bother them too much. Plus, Peanut let us all sleep in the next day, so it made it easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love the PP pics! Wow! MK sounds crazy. I can't believe that people were fighting on Main Street.

The Poly sounds like a really nice place to watch the fireworks, but I am so sorry that you weren't feeling well.
Thanks. I was pretty disappointed with the PP borders this time, but I do love the Happy New Year one. MK was nuts. Well, at least the hub was. Town Square was not so bad, especially since there were no more parades schedules that evening.

The Poly is a wonderful place to watch the fireworks. We're thinking of making this a tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
aew I hate being sick at Disney,especially when its to a point that you can't enjoy what you know you normally would
I wouldn't have minded being sick so much if it had not been nausea. It's the one thing that will totally knock me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroralark View Post
I'm sorry you didn't feel well! The only time I was in Disney for NYE we didn't have a good time either (because we were stupid and didn't plan right though.) I've been sick at Disney before and it's the worst. I hope you started feeling better the next day!
Well, we did plan, but we were stupid and didn't follow the plan. I think had we not even tried to get into MK, or at the very least stuck to Town Square like we said we would, the night might have been very different.

Seems everyone gets sick at Disney at least once. Let's hope this was our one and only time. Or at least the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Who fights at Disneyworld? Like, seriously?

I hate to hear you were so sick on your trip- UGH- when we went both my boys had the snots and that was aggravating to wipe noses the entire time but geez, dizzy and nauseous is the worst!!
Some people lack common sense.

Yeah, I can deal with runny nose, cough, even headache and stomach ache no problem. But nausea? No way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
What a crazy night at MK! I can't believe a fist fight broke out. Well maybe I can, people get a little crazy about spots for parades. I think that's why I hate waited to watch them and usually skip out.

The fireworks from the Poly beach looked beautiful, sorry you didn't get to stay and watch them.
Some people really let their emotions take over.

We usually prefer to show up last minute for parades and fireworks. We're willing having to give up the best spot if it means not wasting time and not having to stress over keeping our spot.

The fireworks were incredible, or so I've been told.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #176
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Day 2 part 1 The One Where They Take It Slow

Claudia slept about 7 hours (why cant you do that at home peanut?) and woke us up around 8:30am. We took the morning very slow, especially since I was feeling super nauseous again. After a while Ron and I walked to Landscape of Flavors to get boiling water for Claudia. We wanted to get breakfast, but even at 10 am it was still packed. I guess everybody decided to sleep in after staying up late for NYE. We said forget it wand walked back to the room. We had seen a little cart in between the Lion King and Little Mermaid sections that sold some breakfast items so we headed there and I got cereals. I picked at them, but the nausea remained.

At some point Ron and Otaku took Claudia for a walk so that I could sleep some more. They went to play in the arcade. They may also have gotten some food, but there is no photographic evidence of this so who knows. I couldnt sleep so I joined them. I felt so sad and desperate. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry, which is NOT what you are suppose to feel when you are in the most magical place on earth. Just before heading back to the room Ron stopped by the Ink & Paint shop and found some Pepto Bismol tablets. I took them and slowly started to feel better. THANK GOD! I had also been taking airborne and my iron supplement each day trying to boost my immune system, so I felt like I was taking a whole bunch of medicine, but I didnt care. I wanted to not feel like death anymore.

Otaku was itching to go to a park, so we decided to go ahead with our Animal Kingdom plans. I do have food pictures at this point, so maybe they had not stopped at the food court earlier. I believe Otaku and Ron shared the Tandoori chicken and Otaku had a strawberry-banana smoothie again. I did not forget to take a picture this time, so I guess I was feeling better.

I had a super tiny bite of the naan bread and it tasted okay. While they were eating Peanut was busy looking at the back of her eyelids.

We had a little bit of a wait at the bus stop, but nothing major. Peanut did not nap for very long. She was already awake while we were waiting.

The bus took us straight to the park. We saw the giant Christmas tree.

We also took PP pictures with said tree.

We looked into the little gift shop outside of the park as we wanted to buy a little something to put on the stroller so we would easily recognize it from far, and hopefully no other family would mistake it for theirs. We got this princess hair tie.

I also found some really nice Minnie ears I wanted, but they felt way smaller than the other ones and were already hurting my head after 30 seconds of wearing them, so I passed. We knew the Jingle Jungle parade would be starting soon and walked straight to Africa. I thought it would start there, go around Discovery Island, then come back via the pathway to Asia like the usual parade, but it wasnt the case. I have no idea where this parade started from, but it took a while before it got to us.

I may have been feeling better, but I wasnt *that* great and standing in the surprisingly hot sun did not help. Claudia and I sat on the ground while we were waiting.

The family right in front of us was sitting too, but unfortunately they got up when it started so we had to get up too. Our view was slightly obstructed, but not too bad.

It is almost impossible for me to take a photo of Claudia without her looking at me. I swear she has a sixth sense when it comes to the camera.

There, thats better. She was looking at the giant floats.

I have lots of parade pics. Enjoy!

This parade is basically the same as the regular AK parade, except the floats have some Holiday decorations. I dont remember if the music was different, but I would guess yes it was.

I like all the stockings.

Claudias face lit up when she saw Mickey Mouse. She recognized him from watching the Clubhouse on TV!

It was already past 4pm by the time the parade was over. The Safari was closing soon and the standby line was pretty long, so we skipped it. The park was still open for another 4 hours though, so what did we do?

Last edited by ronnmel; 02-16-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #177
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Good thing Ron found the Pepto Bismol and it helped some, even if the sun and heat made it worse again.

I love all of the parade pictures, as I missed seeing it this past trip (though for a good reason!). The picture of Ron holding Claudia while she looks at the floats is ADORABLE!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #178
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Good thing Ron found the Pepto Bismol and it helped some, even if the sun and heat made it worse again.

I love all of the parade pictures, as I missed seeing it this past trip (though for a good reason!). The picture of Ron holding Claudia while she looks at the floats is ADORABLE!!!
I don't know what I would have done without the Pepto Bismol! Thankfully the sun and heat only made it slightly worse, and as soon as we started moving again I was better.

The parade at AK is my favorite day time parade. Glad you enjoyed the pictures!

Thanks! It's so hard to get a picture of her like that, but I'm glad I got it.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #179
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I have that Lionj King shirt too

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #180
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I have that Lionj King shirt too
I love that shirt! I wear it all the time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: