Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #16
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
Big WAVE fans here, we've eaten breakfast and dinner there a few times and keep going back...I think they have one of the best breakfast buffets and it's also a great value for those of you paying OOP. DD asks to go there every trip.

Please feel free to take a look at my reviews from both breakfast and dinner on my review website (with photos). At the bottom of the breakfast review there is a link to the dinner review. And later this week, we're hoping to try lunch there and will report back on that.

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/w...ast-review.htm
After that dinner review, I'm seriously contemplating adding onto our dinner plans in addition to breakfast in December-thank you!!!!

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #17
marshmeloh
Ev'rybody has a Laughing Place... mine is WDW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnieatepooh
My fiance and I ate dinner at The Wave in October and it was AMAZING! Everything from the bread to the service was fantastic. Here are some photos for reference.

Grilled Beef Tenderloin - with Goji berry-red wine reduction, three potato hash, locally-sourced butternut squash risotto.

...My Fiance said this was the best meal he has ever eaten in his whole life. He is a chef and is very picky, but he continued to bug me for the entire vacation "can we have dinner at the wave? can we have dinner at the wave?!"

And I had the Whole Grain Penne Pasta - with Florida White Shrimp, Cedar Key Clams, Calico Scallops, and Roasted garlic-Tomato Broth. This was delicious as well...kinda spicy and very flavorful, and the seafood was very fresh.

For dessert we had:

Fall Ice Cream Trio - Pumpkin pie with maple glazed pecans, double chocolate chip, salted caramel swirl

and the American Flavors - Chocolate ganache-dipped banana mousse cake, apple-almond crumb cake with spiced cream, and Mississippi mud pie

The meal was delicious, the service superb...I can't wait to go back! I hope you enjoy your meal.
That beef tenderloin sounds amazing... starting to reconsider some of our adrs for our honeymoon!
marshmeloh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 AM   #18
shortchef
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all this good info and for the mouthwatering pictures! Great reviews! The Wave is now on the list very excited that we can get an organic egg white omelette, now I just have to seal the deal with the low odium hurdle LOL ahhhh getting older is an adventure in and of itself.
shortchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #19
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I love the Wave for any meal. It is so delicious and the restaurant has a great feel to it. The service was fantastic.

One of our favorites!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #20
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

We really disliked the Wave when we ate there on our honeymoon. The bread and butter were delicious, but that was it. :-) You can see my review of it in our trip report:http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=26

Overall, it wasn't the worst meal we had on our trip, but it was probably the second worst.

Katie and Kellan's Disneymoon PTR Mr. and Mrs. Potts Take a Honeymoon Holiday
Caribbean Beach April 1989 * Off Site WDW/US Aug 1994 * Port Orleans French Quarter/IOA Aug 1996 * Disneyland Paris April 1999 * Coronado Springs/IOA Aug 2000 * Coronado Springs Aug 2006 * Disneyland Resort Feb 2008 * Coronado Springs Aug 2011 - Our Disneymoon! * Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room!) - May 2014

Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #21
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

We didn't really care for the atmosphere and our food was hit-and-miss. Since there are so many places we love in WDW, I can't see us returning.

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #22
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

We enjoyed the Wave for an early dinner 2 years ago. I found the greeters, wait staff and bartenders very friendly. The food was delicious, I am sure we had a seafood, and a meat meal.
DisneyBelle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #23
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstar
We really disliked the Wave when we ate there on our honeymoon. The bread and butter were delicious, but that was it. :-) You can see my review of it in our trip report:http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=26

Overall, it wasn't the worst meal we had on our trip, but it was probably the second worst.
Your meal actually looks great to me! Sorry you guys didn't enjoy it more.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Your meal actually looks great to me! Sorry you guys didn't enjoy it more.
Oh it definitely looked good. It just didn't taste good.

Katie and Kellan's Disneymoon PTR Mr. and Mrs. Potts Take a Honeymoon Holiday
Caribbean Beach April 1989 * Off Site WDW/US Aug 1994 * Port Orleans French Quarter/IOA Aug 1996 * Disneyland Paris April 1999 * Coronado Springs/IOA Aug 2000 * Coronado Springs Aug 2006 * Disneyland Resort Feb 2008 * Coronado Springs Aug 2011 - Our Disneymoon! * Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room!) - May 2014

Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #25
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
Big WAVE fans here, we've eaten breakfast and dinner there a few times and keep going back...I think they have one of the best breakfast buffets and it's also a great value for those of you paying OOP. DD asks to go there every trip.

Please feel free to take a look at my reviews from both breakfast and dinner on my review website (with photos). At the bottom of the breakfast review there is a link to the dinner review. And later this week, we're hoping to try lunch there and will report back on that.

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/w...ast-review.htm
Very happy to report back that The Wave is as good as it was the last time we were there. Excellent quality, probably the best breakfast buffet (food quality wise) in all of WDW. If you're looking for a laid back, quiet, quick buffet breakfast and even reasonable compared to most of the others (because of no characters) this is the place to go...I so highly recommend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoohguy View Post
Ate there a couple years ago for Breakfast. Unimpressed, and for the money would choose Whispering Canyon for breakfast every time!
Really, wow, WCC over The Wave breakfast...I don't get it, can't even put those 2 places into the same caliber, sorry.

Even if you like country cooking, The Wave has excellent biscuits and gravy and the grits, don't get me started, I HATE GRITS but they are amazing at The Wave, there's nothing like them anywhere...LOVE THEM!!
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #26
jwfla422

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
I love the Wave for any meal. It is so delicious and the restaurant has a great feel to it. The service was fantastic.

One of our favorites!
We are right there with you, we had breakfast there this morning (like I mentioned in my post above) and finally tried it for lunch the other day and enjoyed it as well. (we already know we love dinner there LOL!)
Old 02-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #27
marybogue
Mouseketeer

I am so happy to hear such positive reviews! Thanks for sharing! We will be dining there for dinner in May. I knew it was health conscious when I made the ressie, but as a advocate for organic and sustainable agriculture, I am thrilled to read that they are working on the farm to table factor too. I also heard that Garden Grill uses vegetables grown from the ride, The Land. Can anyone confirm?

80's & 90's - Poly and Grand Floridian
October 2002 - Bay Hill
May 2013 - The Contemporary
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Old Key West
marybogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #28
sylw
Earning My Ears

Very surprised by all the positive reviews! We are very healthy eaters and were excited to eat here and it was honestly the worst meal we have ever eaten in WDW. I can only comment on dinner, but my meal was completely flavorless and my husband, who loves lamb, has not eaten it since we ate there in June because thinking about the lamb he ate at The Wave just turns his stomach.
sylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #29
jwfla422

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylw View Post
Very surprised by all the positive reviews! We are very healthy eaters and were excited to eat here and it was honestly the worst meal we have ever eaten in WDW. I can only comment on dinner, but my meal was completely flavorless and my husband, who loves lamb, has not eaten it since we ate there in June because thinking about the lamb he ate at The Wave just turns his stomach.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, we've been there countless times now, breakfast and dinner and just tried lunch and have to say we've never had a bad meal HOWEVER we've had the lamb so maybe that needs some help? I've only had the grilled sustainable fish dishes and the pork tenderloin at dinner and they've always been good.

AND I can't say enough about the breakfast (I guess you can by the amount of posts I've put up LOL!) I thought maybe things may have gone downhill since our last visit, but we're here now and had a great lunch Thursday and an awesome breakfast this morning.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #30
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

We are not fans of the Wave. But we also are not interested in organic and are not concerned with healthy options. Maybe we should be but......I think from what you have posted that you will probably like it. We like the lounge. Just not the restaurant!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: