Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

How close are SW and Aquatica?

Okay, so if I DID decide to use our free admission to SW and Aquatica.... Are they within walking distance to each other? Could we use a shuttle from AKL to SW in the morning and then walk to AQ from there for afternoon and get the return shuttle (Mears) back to Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Is it a doable plan?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
greenclan67
Callie35

Hi there, if you get to sw they have a shuttle between sw and aquatics. We do it all the time. We have an annual pass to Sw do it includes free parking so we park there snd take the shuttle from SW to Aquatica. Walk down past the turnstyles on the sidewalk and keep going down to the end. There you will find a shuttle.

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC, even if the distance was acceptable to you, I don't recall there being an abundance of sidewalks and crosswalks to make the journey safe on foot.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

I would not walk between them. We stayed at the Fairfield and I wouldn't even take my kids around the corner on foot. No sidwalks and a very very busy intersection, Aquadica is on I drive and SW is on the parkway. Crazy drivers. We saw people playing don't hit me on the parkway on the side where the Fairfield is. Made me very nervous. Take the shuttle. It's about a mile or so away, and much less stressful.

Have fun! We really enjoyed those parks and will be going back to them again this year.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
FLOIR
Mouseketeer

If you are parked at SW (or the shuttle drops you off there) you can use a sidewalk to get to AQ. It goes down Sea Harbor Drive to a crosswalk across I Drive. Then there is a sidewalk from there to AQ. When you are at SW, stand at the entrance to the park (the park itself, not the parking lot) and start walking to the right, away from the Renaissance. This will lead you right there.

Just a hint, if you do decide to walk there. Once you cross I-Drive, the vehicle traffic will be going straight in. Don't follow them but turn to the left and go to the next drive, which is actually the exit. This will be a better path to the entrance of AQ.

However, depending on how much you like to walk, it is a fairly decent walk, especially if you spend all day at AQ in the sun and are worn out.
FLOIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #6
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

I'm sure I've seen a shuttle that runs between the two gates - a little trolley bus - as Greenclan mentioned (it can be a backdoor in for pass holders when the parking lot is full and they close the parking gates at AQ which happened often the first year or two)

the parks are just across the street from one another - but their gates are each on the far side from the other park!

red dots are the approx location of the entry gate

a straight line between the dots for SW and AQ is approx 0.6 miles

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command

Last edited by Capt_BJ; 01-30-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Parks are very close but a lack of sidewalks,the heavy traffic on International Drive and that the entrances,especially Aquatica's are kinda tucked away in the back make it very unfriendly to walkers.Looking at Bing maps I see no sidewalk by the entrance of Aquatica,I do see what appears to be one by the exit but that would make it even further to walk to from Sea World.Sea World does have a couple of hotels that are very walker friendly to walk to Sea World,the Rennaissance and the Hilton Garden Inn are right across Sea Harbor dr. which has little traffic from the Sea World parking lot,I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn once and walked right to the park,Aquatica however would have been a longer hike with more obstacles,Sea World has a shuttle take that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: