Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
suzysharp
Mouseketeer

Booking a Cruise with DVC points vs Cash

Hey... This may have been discussed before but I was told this morning that if you book at DCL trip with Cash you can book your excursions right away whereas when you book with points you have to wait til 90 or less days out? Is this true? Also how does it work to book excursions b/c somewhere I heard 90 days out but for my June 1 cruise its saying March 18th. Help!!!!!

91 - Disney Inn, 96 - Yacht Club, 98 - Boardwalk, 00(twice) - Wilderness Lodge, 04 - Wilderness Lodge, 05 - Saratoga Springs, 06 - Boardwalk Villas, Apr 08 - Animal Kingdom Villas, Nov 09 - Saratoga Springs, May 10 - Boardwalk Villas, Nov 10 - Boardwalk Villas, May 11 - Sequoia Lodge (DLP), Dec/Jan 11 - Boardwalk Villas, Jan 12 - Disneyland Hotel, Nov 12 - Boardwalk Villas, Feb 13 -Disney Wonder & Vero Beach, May/June 13 - ABD Barcelona & Disney Magic, Nov/Dec 13 - Saratoga Springs, Jan 14 - Boardwalk Villas, May 14 - Hotel NY (DLP), Jan 15 - Disney Magic, May 15 - Members Cruise to Alaska

2012 3 Caballeros' 5k - 1st race, 2012 Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Wine and Dine, 2012 C2C Competed!!!
2014 Minnie Mouse 10k
suzysharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

The excursion booking windows are the same regardless of cash (must be paid in full) or points.

First time cruisers: 75 days from sail date
Silver Castaway: 90 days
Gold Castaway: 105 day
Platinum Castaway & Concierge: 120 days
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

I have booked 3 cruises with dvc points. It doesn't effect anything else except how you pay! When you can check in, book Palo and excursions depends on how often you cruised before. If you haven't cruised before it's 75 days. If you have it's 90 days or less depending on how many you've taken!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
suzysharp
Mouseketeer

So does that mean that when I get back from my first cruise in Feb I can call and complain about having to wait until 75 days out to book stuff for my second cruise in June?

91 - Disney Inn, 96 - Yacht Club, 98 - Boardwalk, 00(twice) - Wilderness Lodge, 04 - Wilderness Lodge, 05 - Saratoga Springs, 06 - Boardwalk Villas, Apr 08 - Animal Kingdom Villas, Nov 09 - Saratoga Springs, May 10 - Boardwalk Villas, Nov 10 - Boardwalk Villas, May 11 - Sequoia Lodge (DLP), Dec/Jan 11 - Boardwalk Villas, Jan 12 - Disneyland Hotel, Nov 12 - Boardwalk Villas, Feb 13 -Disney Wonder & Vero Beach, May/June 13 - ABD Barcelona & Disney Magic, Nov/Dec 13 - Saratoga Springs, Jan 14 - Boardwalk Villas, May 14 - Hotel NY (DLP), Jan 15 - Disney Magic, May 15 - Members Cruise to Alaska

2012 3 Caballeros' 5k - 1st race, 2012 Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Wine and Dine, 2012 C2C Competed!!!
2014 Minnie Mouse 10k
suzysharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzysharp View Post
So does that mean that when I get back from my first cruise in Feb I can call and complain about having to wait until 75 days out to book stuff for my second cruise in June?
You become a Silver Castaway once you have sailed one time with DCL. DCL will send your Castaway Club ID to you that you tie to your DCL profile. That will enable you to book excursions beginning at 90 days for your second cruise.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm

You become a Silver Castaway once you have sailed one time with DCL. DCL will send your Castaway Club ID to you that you tie to your DCL profile. That will enable you to book excursions beginning at 90 days for your second cruise.
You don't need to wait for it to be sent; it's printed on your KttW card.

Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzysharp View Post
What's the complaint? Until you complete one cruise you don't get credit for it, so you aren't a Silver Member yet. When you come back from the Feb. cruise, if your record doesn't say Silver yet when you log on, then call and explain that you want to book at the 90 day window.

I took my first cruise and booked another that left 5 weeks later. I don't know if it was up the first day, but my reservation page did show my prior cruise before I got the card in the mail with my Castaway number on it. Booked another and didn't have the number but the computer knew me.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
You don't need to wait for it to be sent; it's printed on your KttW card.
I know that, but you never know if DCL may change that in the future.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
I've heard it's hit-or-miss whether DCL physically sends something to notify of CC status. We just knew after our first cruise and went online - had to call and correct a misspelling to make it tie to our online profile but otherwise it was there. We have never received anything from DCL snail mail or email about our CC numbers.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: