Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Bill3
Mouseketeer

Limited time Magic.

Mucho criticism! Why, who cares, no one makes you get involved. I loved the forgotten characters days. Got to have pictures taken with some new people, we sent back pictures and got many jealous replies. Canada and football were not a big deal, but so what. I don't believe many of you planned your vacation around LTM. I personally think Marie (Aristocats) is a dumb character but I don't need to vent or whine about it. Pull up your big boy/ girl undies and appreciate what you got.charac2:
Bill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

You're coming across pretty harsh, but I agree with the root of your arguement. I think its a wonderful idea for a promotion. No matter when you visit, there will be something special going on at the World.
...hurry back......hurry back......be sure to bring your death certificate.
W.E.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
g8torphan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D. View Post
You're coming across pretty harsh, but I agree with the root of your arguement. I think its a wonderful idea for a promotion. No matter when you visit, there will be something special going on at the World.
Unless it was 2 week ago and your "magic" was voting for a logo. And actually anyone could vote, you didn't even have to be there.
YIPPIE!

Magic Kingdom 2.2.13 Magic Kingdom 5.17.13 Epcot 5.18.13 Animal Kingdom 5.19.13
Magic Kingdom 2.25.12 Hollywood Studios 5.17.12Magic Kingdom 5.18.12 Animal Kingdom 5.19.12

DIS Dad's Club Member # 698
g8torphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

I guess I look at each of my trips to WDW as the last trip I may ever make, not as an entitlement. Just being there is "magic" for me. If there's some additional pixie dust, that's just amazing. If not, I'm still at WDW.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
SmileEar2Ear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not if you went the second week in Jan. That week was nothing, not even a logo contest! I agree it didn't really affect my trip, but it is just sad to me that Disney isn't doing much with a promotion that has so many awesome possibilities! Even though I know I won't be there for any of the other magic, I enjoy hearing about opportunities for pixie dust moments for others. But I just can't envision soup and logos creating any special moments.
SmileEar2Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
ScrampShopper
Mouseketeer

The reason people are unhappy with this promotion is that Disney made a big announcement for it and hyped it up. They haven't followed through very well with their advertised promotion so far at WDW. DLR has been getting much better stuff through this promotion. I have 3 trips planned for WDW this year, but that doesn't mean I can't express my disappointment when they screw up.
ScrampShopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Long Lost Friends was cool.

This week, you can see the Super Bowl pre-parade float although Mr. Flacco has gone back to Baltimore. and you can buy soup at Cosmic Ray's (there are two types of soup available).

At least it's a bit better than voting for a logo.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

While I've had a few ideas of my own for this promotion, I don't really care too much. I'm thrilled to be going in a couple weeks, and I don't need a promotion to make it better. But I understand what people are feeling. Some of us get excited about this - I loved the Year of a Million Dreams (though I won nothing, the prospect was fun), and I enjoyed the decorations with the Celebration theme. Its fun to watch what they come up with. This one just seems a little...well, anti-climactic or something.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

Anti-climatic.

I like that. I can agree with that.

Its when folks say the trip was ruined because they missed a character and stuff like that that I get annoyed. You're at WDW!!!! Things could be a lot worse.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #10
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Anti-climatic.

I like that. I can agree with that.

Its when folks say the trip was ruined because they missed a character and stuff like that that I get annoyed. You're at WDW!!!! Things could be a lot worse.
You're right about that. I have listened to people come back from trips and do nothing but complain while I'm just conniving to figure out how in the world I'm going to afford to get back down there.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3 View Post
Mucho criticism! Why, who cares, no one makes you get involved. I loved the forgotten characters days. Got to have pictures taken with some new people, we sent back pictures and got many jealous replies. Canada and football were not a big deal, but so what. I don't believe many of you planned your vacation around LTM. I personally think Marie (Aristocats) is a dumb character but I don't need to vent or whine about it. Pull up your big boy/ girl undies and appreciate what you got.charac2:
The tone of this post is probably one of the more inflammatory OPs on this subject so far. Since when did voicing an opinion on a public forum constitute whining and venting? I find the last sentence in this rant to be particularly insulting to most of the Disers who simply voiced their disappointment with a promotion that so far has offered very little of interest.

Since Disney is not bothering to publish these 'events' very far in advance, I think it is safe to assume that the intent is not to draw a lot of guests solely to experience this "magic". Perhaps a few locals might make a special trip to sample the magic of soup, but that's about it. It would seem that their primary interest is to boost merchandise and food sales.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #12
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
You're right about that. I have listened to people come back from trips and do nothing but complain while I'm just conniving to figure out how in the world I'm going to afford to get back down there.

89$ airfare on SWA is making me wish I could come up with the hotel/tix/food in a snap! lol

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #13
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrampShopper View Post
The reason people are unhappy with this promotion is that Disney made a big announcement for it and hyped it up. They haven't followed through very well with their advertised promotion so far at WDW. DLR has been getting much better stuff through this promotion. I have 3 trips planned for WDW this year, but that doesn't mean I can't express my disappointment when they screw up.
Of course they hyped it up! What company makes their promotions sound bland and/or mediocre?

It's the same way they hype up the package codes for rack rate rooms they send out, or the adds you see boasting $94 per person per night.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Of course they hyped it up! What company makes their promotions sound bland and/or mediocre?

It's the same way they hype up the package codes for rack rate rooms they send out, or the adds you see boasting $94 per person per night.
Yes, they have every right to hype up anything they want.

And the public has a right to call them out when it doesn't live up to said hype.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #15
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Yes, they have every right to hype up anything they want.

And the public has a right to call them out when it doesn't live up to said hype.

Limited Time to Buy More Stuff and FL are two perfect examples.
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: