Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3
Mouseketeer

Disney gift cards

We plan to purchase Disney Gifts Cards from our daughter's school script program. Where the school gets 8% back for every $100. I know these gift cards can be used to purchase the cruise with. My question is:

Can you attach a gift card to your KTTW card? Can it be used to pay for excurisoins?

Thank you.
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

You can add the Gift Cards to your ship board account which then would be used to cover any thing charged to your KTTW card.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Just make sure you KEEP the gift cards even after you have them applied to your account - either payments for the cruise fare in advance or your onboard account. If there is reason to refund anything, it will be refunded to the gift card! Excursions are charged to your shipboard account so yes, the gift cards can be used to pay for excursions and anything charged to your onboard account.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much. I called Disney and ask this question but I could not get the lady to understand that they ARE regular Disney gift cards, that say they can be used on DCL. That was a LONG conversation.. that went no where. She kept telling me I was being scammed and not to do. Even after repeatedly tell her this was a program we have participated in for 6 years. I gave up and hung up! lol..
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #5
Kingdome8
Mouseketeer

With the key to world card, can kids use it to buy things too?
I was thinking about getting kids gift cards from Disney store to use at park and downtown Disney.
So after I check out of hotel I could use gift cards to pay bill and put what ever on my credit card? Kids will like buying on their own if works that way
Kingdome8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
penel3
Disney World Addict since 1994

We just got back from our cruise, and the cutest souvenir I have is my DS signature on a receipt from the pin trading outside the gift shop! He bought one pin with his own KTTW card and they have you sign one of those carbon paper receipts......:-) :-) they grow up so fast!
1994 1st time (DH has created a monster)1995 FWL1996 1996 1997 1998 All Star Sports 2001 CBR 2002 OKW 2003 OKW 2003 FWL 2004 Disney Cruise 2004 OKW 2004 OKW 2005 AKL Concierge/Boardwalk Villa (bit by the Concierge bug) 2005 Ft. Wilderness Concierge 2006 OKW 2007 Disney Cruise/AKL Concierge, Feb 09 B-day surprise POP & BWI CL, Sept 2010 Portofino Bay Concierge, Dec 2011 Beach Club Concierge, January 2013 The Disney Wonder, March 2014 The Walter E. Disney Suite on the Disney Wonder
penel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdome8 View Post
With the key to world card, can kids use it to buy things too?
I was thinking about getting kids gift cards from Disney store to use at park and downtown Disney.
So after I check out of hotel I could use gift cards to pay bill and put what ever on my credit card? Kids will like buying on their own if works that way
You CAN give kids charging privileges, but you cannot LIMIT them to $X amount. Depending on the age(s) of your children, there is little need for kids to have charging privileges onboard. All kids club activities are free and require no additional expense from the kids. The Arcade can be an issue if they are there on their own because sometimes kids without charging privileges will get others to refresh $ onto their playing cards - and you are stuck with the bill. Most foods onboard are free. On the Dream and Fantasy, Disney gift cards can be used in the gift shops. So it's your choice whether to allow the kids to have charging privileges, but you will sign off that you are responsible for whatever that child charges to your onboard account.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Note that there are 'Disney Store' gift cards that will only work at the store.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #9
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Note that there are 'Disney Store' gift cards that will only work at the store.
Thank you for reminding me of that. Yep.. these are the Disney gifts cards and not Disney STORE gift cards.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: