Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
Al Gutski
Earning My Ears

Son & wife want to stay for partial week.

Hello, My husband and I have booked a trip at POR, late February, for 8 nights. We were lucky enough to get a PIN code for free dining. Our son and wife would like to stay with us, but can only for 4 nights.
Q's: Will they be able to only pay/stay for 4-nights.
If they buy a 2-day park ticket, would they qualify for free dining?

Thanks for any/all advice.
Al Gutski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

If you want them to have free dining, you would have to add them now for the entire 8 nights and everyone would have to have the same ticket days. You can add them at check in for just the nights they will be there, but they would have to buy their tickets separately and pay OOP for their food. Keep in mind that since you already have 2 adults in the room, there would be an additional charge of $30/nt to add them ($15/each per night). If you decide to add them for the entire time so they could get FD, you can get everyone the minimum required 2 day tickets and then you and your DH can upgrade your tickets to however many days you want/need. Good luck and have a great trip.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

It should be added that there is an advantage to having everyone on the same package and then just upgrading your tickets when you arrive.

Since dining credits are pooled, you can use the extra credits yourself, while they are not there. Might be nice to have a couple of 2 TS meals for yourself.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Al Gutski
Earning My Ears

Lots of options, thanks for help.

Answers have been very helpful, thank you.
I have another question; do you think it would be possible to just pay for the nights they are there (4-nights), purchase a 1-day park ticket, and then use the magical express, and not have FD. I think this would be the best, and most cost efficient for them.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gutski View Post
Answers have been very helpful, thank you.
I have another question; do you think it would be possible to just pay for the nights they are there (4-nights), purchase a 1-day park ticket, and then use the magical express, and not have FD. I think this would be the best, and most cost efficient for them.
Yes. Previous trip my DD and her friend came in during the middle of my trip and only stayed a few days. I gave the front desk their arrival and departure info when I checked in, and made arrangements for Magical Express for them. In your case and mine, the cost for their stay will be added to your room bill. As far as tickets, you only are required to buy tickets if it is a Disney package. Since their part of the stay is room-only you don't have to get tickets for them, unless you want to.

What's really a plus is the Magical Express service for the people arriving later. Instead of my family or your family wasting hours back and forth to the airport, Disney takes care of it. It's hard to beat that service.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
Al Gutski
Earning My Ears

Grateful to all.

Thanks for help with this issue.
Poohsie, I'm so glad you have encountered this same scenario. I will plan on doing the same as you did, when I check in, I'll update front desk of their arrival. I also am grateful to not have to drive them to the airport. Thanks again.

Tags
free dining, partial week stay, pin, resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: