Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

How far in advance should you book the Kids' Clubs or in-room babysitting?

How far in advance should you book the kids' clubs or in-room babysitting? TIA!
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

I've always booked it at least a week ahead of time, and I would recommend booking at least a few days in advance. The last time my kids went to Kids Club (@ the Sandcastle Club in BC), they had to turn a family away who tried to "walk in" without a reservation, as they were booked. The hotel was pretty full with a convention at YC, so perhaps in less busy times you can walk in, but it seems like they staff with the number of cast members needed for the number of reservations. I don't think it sells out, so no need to book 180 days in advance either.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
mistysue
DIS Veteran

I can give you my experiences:

Last August we stopped in at the Sandcastle club (BC) and the girl at the front suggested that you call a week or two in advance, but said that "unofficially", they can usually get you in the day of or the day before- as long as they have the staff scheduled. Stopping in Monday night to reserve Wednesday night gave them the time to add a staff member. Their ratios are pretty low- I don't remember the exact numbers but it's something like 1 staff for 10 kids, so if they have 11 kids scheduled, they can take 9 walk-ins without a problem. If the resort is packed and they are at capacity though you are stuck.

On the same trip we had kids night out come out- we called them Monday as well and we were #3 on their waiting list for Thursday night. They called us Wednesday afternoon with an available sitter.

I feel it was pure luck that got us kid's night out. That was during the week before labor day- when the parks are practically empty. That said, if you pick a night that isn't too busy, you will probably get it a few nights out. Who you have to compete with are the people who don't totally know what they are doing who may pick your night, and try to plan before they do. To be safe I would probably contact a kid's club 2 weeks out and Kid's night out maybe a month or more to be sure. That service was SO worth it. We went out for dinner and fireworks, when we came back the kids were in bed sleeping. They loved it. I think the cost for 2 kids was pretty close, but for 3 kids the sitter cost less and watched the one too young for the kid's club.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

We booked the Sandcastle club two weeks in advance for last August.
I think there were a total of 5 kids that night, but the cm said they were swarmed with families the night before. She said, you just never know!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I just book as soon as I know the date that DH and I want the night out.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: