DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
tlh
Mouseketeer

Resale buying questions...

Hello everyone! I am thinking about DVC by resale. I have looked into direct and had the tour, but now looking at numbers for resale financially it is the best for me. We want to start out with a small contract like 100 points at AKL and maybe add on later. I am looking to stay between 6,000 and 7,000.

We like to vacation mainly during December at CHristmas time and in the middle of March for spring break. Occasionally we may go in November. I was thinking a December use year would be best correct? When would I have to bank my points by to save them?

I see that the main resellers are dvc by resale, the timeshare store, fidelity, and sell my time share now. Any major pros or cons for each?

I have never bought any timeshare, house, or anything like this....
What is the exact process??
Fees, deposits, etc.?
How much does closing typically run?

I know it has to pass Disney's ROFR, but what happens if it doesn't? If a deposit is paid, do I get it back? For Fidelity is the admin fee returned?

Thanks for everyones help in advance!
tlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
rmcildw2m
DIS Veteran

The TSS is the best by far .I have bought 3 times with them and it was no worries each time .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
thptrek
DIS Veteran

Currently buying through Fidelity and it has been very good experience so far. Good communication. My advice is to read through this forum and you will learn a lot.

New DVC Member 2013 (BLT) - First Trip Home March 14
thptrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh View Post
Hello everyone! I am thinking about DVC by resale. I have looked into direct and had the tour, but now looking at numbers for resale financially it is the best for me. We want to start out with a small contract like 100 points at AKL and maybe add on later. I am looking to stay between 6,000 and 7,000.

We like to vacation mainly during December at CHristmas time and in the middle of March for spring break. Occasionally we may go in November. I was thinking a December use year would be best correct? When would I have to bank my points by to save them?

I see that the main resellers are dvc by resale, the timeshare store, fidelity, and sell my time share now. Any major pros or cons for each?

Fees, deposits, etc.?

I know it has to pass Disney's ROFR, but what happens if it doesn't? If a deposit is paid, do I get it back? For Fidelity is the admin fee returned?

December use year would not be good for November stays. I would go for an August, September or October use year, that would cover November, December and March before your banking deadline (March 31 for August).
Old 02-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:

Fees, deposits, etc.?

There is a thread farther down on this page titled "English please". A lot of your questions can be answered there. Closing costs on 100 point contracts seem to run anywhere between $425 and $550. Yes, you would get your deposit back if the deal falls through or it gets ROFRed. Don't know about the admin fee with Fidelity since that is a new policy.

Good luck on your search!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #6
tlh
Mouseketeer

Thank y'all so much. I had been reading a lot of the threads, but had not read the English Please one. I appreciate everyone's help! I think I got the use year down for sure now.
tlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #7
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank y'all so much. I had been reading a lot of the threads, but had not read the English Please one. I appreciate everyone's help! I think I got the use year down for sure now.
Use Year is generally only important if you feel that you will have last minute (more than 30 days) cancellations. Then if you can still travel in your year or bank them. If you cancel too late into your year but before 30 days, you won't be able to bank your points.
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
cvjw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcildw2m View Post
The TSS is the best by far .I have bought 3 times with them and it was no worries each time .
Your experience with the TSS may vary if you use them. We had a very bad experience with them - not at all like the above poster. We have successfully used another set of brokers (mother/son team) 4 times so far, with the 5th coming up shortly.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: