DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #106
Sammie
DIS Veteran
 
Sammie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 20,400

I have to agree with Dean on this one. We got one once at SSR and the bed literally was so low to the ground that it was unusable for my spouse due to a bad back.

We paid to move and hence our only request will be non HA room. I could care less about the location of my room, or view as that truly does not make for a physically uncomfortable stay. But when I am forced to sleep on a bed that by the next day will make me unable to walk, then yes it is not acceptable.

I do agree with the other comments about the HA rooms seem to be extremely poorly designed and laid out. We have gotten HA rooms in other hotels and never was it really a unpleasant room in any way and the beds were not on the floor.

And I love that Chuck said doohicky, boy it is been a long time since I heard that term.

Last edited by Sammie; 02-09-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Sammie is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #107
Lenc324
DIS Veteran
 
Lenc324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicago Burbs
Posts: 568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie
I have to agree with Dean on this one. We got one once at SSR and the bed literally was so low to the ground that it was unusable for my spouse due to a bad back.

We paid to move and hence our only request will be non HA room. I could care less about the location of my room, or view as that truly does not make for a physically uncomfortable stay. But when I am forced to sleep on a bed that by the next day will make me unable to walk, then yes it is not acceptable.

I do agree with the other comments about the HA rooms seem to be extremely poorly designed and laid out. We have gotten HA rooms in other hotels and never was it really a unpleasant room in any way and the beds were not on the floor.

And I love that Chuck said doohicky, boy it is been a long time since I heard that term.
That was how my bed was Sammie but I was told to suck it up.
__________________



Lenc324 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #108
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenc324 View Post
That was how my bed was Sammie but I was told to suck it up.
I can't speak for others but that's certainly not what I said. My comments were intended to be along the lines of it's reasonable to request and ask to be moved but one should be willing to pay the change fee if the room was disturbed. However, it's a timeshare and someone has to get those rooms so it might be you or me at times, then we'll have to deal and should do so willingly. If so it's reasonable to ask for a change but not demand one. You got your change and got off easy not having to pay the change fee since you stayed overnight, you rightfully could/should have. It is not reasonable to make a scene or get upset over this issue and your posts suggested you were/did. I'm convinced had you not gotten your way you would have pushed it and possibly made a scene and that's where I think the appropriate line is drawn. I wasn't there so all I can address is what you posted and what I do know. IMO that's dramatic difference from shut up and deal with it though that phrase would have been applicable if they were unable to accommodate the change.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #109
Lenc324
DIS Veteran
 
Lenc324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicago Burbs
Posts: 568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
I can't speak for others but that's certainly not what I said. My comments were intended to be along the lines of it's reasonable to request and ask to be moved but one should be willing to pay the change fee if the room was disturbed. However, it's a timeshare and someone has to get those rooms so it might be you or me at times, then we'll have to deal and should do so willingly. If so it's reasonable to ask for a change but not demand one. You got your change and got off easy not having to pay the change fee since you stayed overnight, you rightfully could/should have. It is not reasonable to make a scene or get upset over this issue and your posts suggested you were/did. I'm convinced had you not gotten your way you would have pushed it and possibly made a scene and that's where I think the appropriate line is drawn. I wasn't there so all I can address is what you posted and what I do know. IMO that's dramatic difference from shut up and deal with it though that phrase would have been applicable if they were unable to accommodate the change.
First of all Dean I wasn't referring to you, and secondly your judgemental statement about me me is totally uncalled for on this post. What you're convinced of is meaninglessly since you have no clue how I handled my situation.
__________________



Lenc324 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.