DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #31
crazybones27
DVC Member

We've been given more HA rooms then I can count lol. Seriously I'm not sure how we luck in to getting them, but we do. I now always ask Member Services to put a request in for "No HA rooms" when we have our children traveling with us. The only time I don't put this request on is when we are traveling by ourselves. When we have our kids everything is just to low and easier accessed for them and it causes more of a problem. On our recent stay in September it was just myself and my husband and I joked saying we'll get a HA room and wouldn't you know it we did lol.

They are definitely more difficult to deal with, but I do enjoy the more space in the room when we do have them. The only thing I'm not fond of is the shower and lack of counter space in the bathroom .
Old 02-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #32
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
I don't want a HA room, nor do I or anyone else have to settle for it.
For the sake of the poor CM who might have to listen to you making a fuss if there is only a HA room available, I hope you are never assigned a HA room in the future. I have seen unreasonable people at checkin and I absolutely cringe.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #33
Lenc324
DIS Veteran

Asking not to be in a HA room isn't asking too much. When I am there for free I will settle for what ever is given to me. Marriott doesn't expect me to stay in a room I am not satisfied with and it's not what you say, it's how you say it. I nicely asked for a room change and it was made by phone.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #34
Lenc324
DIS Veteran

Dean:

There was no scene made.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #35
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenc324 View Post
Asking not to be in a HA room isn't asking too much. When I am there for free I will settle for what ever is given to me. Marriott doesn't expect me to stay in a room I am not satisfied with and it's not what you say, it's how you say it. I nicely asked for a room change and it was made by phone.
Asking is appropriate, demanding is not, IMO. The words and tone of your posts suggests the latter.

Quote:
Dean:

There was no scene made.
We weren't there, glad there was no scene. I do have a question, what if they'd simply said no, would there have been one then?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #36
Lenc324
DIS Veteran

Posting that I was upset and asking if anyone had the same experience doesn't denote creating a scene, and since Disney saw fit to honor my request without a charge, I was happy and let them know so.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #37
Happy Birthday Cat
Wonders if the Hokey Pokey is REALLY what its all about?
And is Otto the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
OP, HA rooms are not convenient for able bodied people. DH needs HA facilities and I wish that we didn't. Still, there are a finite number of rooms at any resort and DVC is usually very close to 100% full and sometimes 100% full. If you ask nicely at checkin whether your assigned room is HA and find that it is, then it certainly is appropriate to ask if another room is available. If there is another available, lucky you. If not, then it is your turn to this time and you can pay to be switched as soon as another room is available. In our 13 years of ownership we have had rooms that were not ideal, including HA rooms before the days when we needed them. It would be selfish on our part to expect that other DVC members should always be the ones to get the dumpster view, the room with no balcony, the unwanted HA room. And if the situation is too bad, then it is great to have the option to pay to switch.
Extremely well said. This is why JJ has always been one of my favorite Disers. I could not agree more.

HBC

Learn about Restoring Hetch Hetchy at http://www.hetchhetchy.org/

Old 02-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #38
GoofyLo
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Wow! I really can't believe there are this many replies to this thread. So you don't have a tub and there isn't a lot of storage space. Big deal. Be thankful you don't need a HA room. Or better yet, be thankful you don't need a HA room and one wasn't available.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #39
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Here's to you, HBC!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #40
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Posting that I was upset and asking if anyone had the same experience doesn't denote creating a scene, and since Disney saw fit to honor my request without a charge, I was happy and let them know so.
These posts suggest otherwise.

Quote:
Has anyone had a room they didn't like and then be told oh well? I got stuck in a handicapped room with a very low bed, no vanity and was told when I book I am just guaranteed a room and that they had no other rooms available. I am very unhappy.
Quote:
Yes I got a new room today , but it was a real hassel. I have learned a lesson this trip. And I will never accept them telling me again that we assign rooms, we don't guareentee what room you get. You just get a room. I was soooooo pissed.
I repeat my question, what if they had just said no or required you to pay the fee to change?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #41
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Getting a HA room has happened to me a few times, and the first time I found out how slippery the bathroom floor gets after a shower it was awful. I am not steady on my feet and I needed DH's help to navigate the bathroom. I was scared.

So, when I was with a DGF & given one, I went to the lobby at Jambo and explained the situation. I wasn't sure my friend could support me, so I asked for lots of towels to put down on the floor. They brought many towels, and that worked. They offered to move me after two days, even saying we could stay in the room until the new one was ready, but we kept the room, the solution worked, and I do think everyone has to be flexible and this was my turn.

The HA studio we had in HHI did not have the same problem with the floor getting wet. I don't know why VWL & BCV's do.

Bobbi
Old 02-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #42
jagson
Mouseketeer

stayed once in HA room, found the bathroom dangerous, ie after a shower, most of the BR floor was wet and slippery, a slip and fall danger. spent a week in it, and regrettably, did not complain to the management.
i'd demand a room change for safety reasons, but not make a public display that could be offensive and disturbing to other guests. it's very disturbing to me when i witness it, especially in restaurants when you want to have a pleasant dinner. go somewhere private to voice your complaint, and don't disrupt others' vacation.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #43
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Getting a HA room has happened to me a few times, and the first time I found out how slippery the bathroom floor gets after a shower it was awful. I am not steady on my feet and I needed DH's help to navigate the bathroom. I was scared.

So, when I was with a DGF & given one, I went to the lobby at Jambo and explained the situation. I wasn't sure my friend could support me, so I asked for lots of towels to put down on the floor. They brought many towels, and that worked. They offered to move me after two days, even saying we could stay in the room until the new one was ready, but we kept the room, the solution worked, and I do think everyone has to be flexible and this was my turn.

The HA studio we had in HHI did not have the same problem with the floor getting wet. I don't know why VWL & BCV's do.

Bobbi
Thanks for sharing your solution to the shower issue. I'll keep it in mind for when it's our turn to get one of the HA rooms.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
Old 02-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #44
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
Thanks for sharing your solution to the shower issue. I'll keep it in mind for when it's our turn to get one of the HA rooms.
We roll up a bath towel to make a long skinny snake and put it near the bottom of the shower curtain to make a dam. Works for us.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #45
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I've also found that turning the shower head so it sprays more toward the wall rather than the shower curtain helps a lot with the roll-in showers at OKW.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: