Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
canadadoug
Earning My Ears

Limited Time Magic

Anyone heard any news regarding the Limited Time Magic schedule? 2013 is around the corner.
canadadoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
MrsSwiggy
Earning My Ears

The website for the promotion says to check back on the 28th.
MrsSwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #3
dizfan
DIS Veteran

Short notice works for locals and those living a few hours away. The rest of us need advance notice or it does nothing for their marketing department.
dizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
massmickeypal
Mouseketeer

I agree dizfan. This may add excitement to a planned trip but we need more notice if this was to be a main reason for a trip. For us with the new Fantasy Land and other improvements like Test Track this is just one more reason to go.
massmickeypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

I think the reason they're not giving the full year in advance is because these aren't things that should make or break your trip. They're just small things that can add a little extra magic. I doubt that many of the "events" will be something to plan a trip around. The only thing I'm really excited about and would plan a trip specifically for is the Golden Horseshoe Revue. I think things of that nature which will be lasting longer (I've heard anywhere from 1-2 months for the Revue) will get a bit more notice so people can *try* to plan for it. But like I said, these are really just things that may or may not enhance your already planned trip. I don't think it's that big of a deal that it isn't all just laid out way in advance for us. I like the element of surprise for things like this.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennameowse View Post
I think the reason they're not giving the full year in advance is because these aren't things that should make or break your trip. They're just small things that can add a little extra magic. I doubt that many of the "events" will be something to plan a trip around. The only thing I'm really excited about and would plan a trip specifically for is the Golden Horseshoe Revue. I think things of that nature which will be lasting longer (I've heard anywhere from 1-2 months for the Revue) will get a bit more notice so people can *try* to plan for it. But like I said, these are really just things that may or may not enhance your already planned trip. I don't think it's that big of a deal that it isn't all just laid out way in advance for us. I like the element of surprise for things like this.
I agree with you! It is suppose to be a fun thing, but nothing that would matter to most. Remember many people won't even realize they are doing it.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #7
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney

I agree with you! It is suppose to be a fun thing, but nothing that would matter to most. Remember many people won't even realize they are doing it.
I think that's part of the fun! If I plan a trip just because or for a birthday/holiday, I'm planning a trip for that! And hey, if it also happens to be long lost friends week or something else, then great! More fun for me! But there's no way I'd plan a trip just for that. There's got to be more than some small event to make me shell out the money for a hotel and gas.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
dizfan
DIS Veteran

If it turns out to be nothing that will attract tourist from NYC, than I think Disney marketing mde a mistake with the ice castle event in NYC.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

The "conspiracy theory" is that LTM is mostly to placate local APs (and/or keep them occupied) as Fastpass Plus is introduced, which seems likely to be unpopular with the locals.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #10
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizfan View Post
Short notice works for locals and those living a few hours away. The rest of us need advance notice or it does nothing for their marketing department.
What Disney is promoting is that 2013 is the year to visit Walt Disney World and the Disneyland Resort because guests will get a special experience when they visit -- an experience that only a limited number of other guests will also get.

Every year, Disney looks for a reason to encourage casual guests to visit within 12 months rather than putting off a WDW vacation. At one time, such as for the Millennium Celebration, it actually could mean something special. More and more, there's just a slogan and a gimmick. For 2013, the slogan is Limited Time Magic and the gimmick is that guests will get an experience (and the associated bragging rights) that comes from being at the right place at the right time -- regardless of when they visit in 2013.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #11
Disneyfreak44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
The "conspiracy theory" is that LTM is mostly to placate local APs (and/or keep them occupied) as Fastpass Plus is introduced, which seems likely to be unpopular with the locals.
The reason why people don't like fastpass + is because they learned how to work the fastpass system to the max to get the most fastpasses as possible. It is a very good system if you learn how to do that.
Most recent trip was to Walt Disney World we stayed at Caribbean beach and got to experience mymagic+ and the Magic Bands and it was awesome!
Disneyfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

Can someone send me a link or some info on the fast pass plus deal? This is the first I've heard of it. (I only go to DLR and I don't really pay too much attention to the WDW news since I have no plans to go there for quite a bit. And everything I've seen online doesn't exactly explain what the deal is.)
Old 12-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennameowse View Post
Can someone send me a link or some info on the fast pass plus deal? This is the first I've heard of it. (I only go to DLR and I don't really pay too much attention to the WDW news since I have no plans to go there for quite a bit. And everything I've seen online doesn't exactly explain what the deal is.)
There is no official information on it yet other than the things that have been tested and rolled out. There are still a LOT of unknowns.

It's basically the ability to reserve ride times or experiences in advance before leaving for your vacation.

edit: and idk what they are doing for LTM but I certainly do have my wish list:

Limited time magic: one more night(or even a week!) at Mannequins Dance Palace

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #14
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara

There is no official information on it yet other than the things that have been tested and rolled out. There are still a LOT of unknowns.

It's basically the ability to reserve ride times or experiences in advance before leaving for your vacation.

edit: and idk what they are doing for LTM but I certainly do have my wish list:

Limited time magic: one more night(or even a week!) at Mannequins Dance Palace
Thanks. From what I've seen posted about this new FP thing I don't care for it but we'll have to wait and see the final product.

I'm excited to see what LTM will bring. Even the small stuff will be great.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
dizfan
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear Disney realizes larger events like the Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue need to be announced earlier and last long enough for people to plan around.

Smaller Limited Time Magic events, I can understand keeping as more of a surprise.

I know it will never happen, but if they decided to bring back The Adventurer's Club for a month, the place would be packed every night.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: