Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
jke2013
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 31

Pop, Twins & ME busses

I'm new to the site. We just recently decided to take a Disney vacation. We figured it would work best to take the vacation before we have to pay for all 3 kids to fly and pay admission to the park.

We have 10 month old twins. They will be 13 months by the time we go on vacation. We have a singleton who will be 4 by the time we go on vacation. He is a HUGE Star Wars fan and we think he will LOVE attending SWW. Anyway, I recall seeing a post from a mom with twins who said they stayed in a value resort with the twins but now that I want to reference it, can't find it. Does anyone know whether 2 cribs or pack and plays fit in the Pop room? If yes, only a king room or a room with 2 doubles?

2nd question, we're doing a split stay between the resort and off site to visit some friends. We're going to rent a minivan for the 2nd half of the trip. Do you think the ME bus would take me to the airport the night before we check out to pick up the minivan? Or am I going to have to take a taxi? I think going the night before after the kids are sleeping (they go to sleep relatively early) would make the next morning much smoother!

Thanks!
jke2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
Dis703
DIS Veteran
 
Dis703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 860

I don't know about the room in POP, but we are hoping to fit a couple pack & plays at POR for our twins who will be 22 months when we travel. We'll be down there the same time it looks like.

I did want to mention there is an Alamo I believe on Disney property. I returned our minivan there last trip to Disney. Not sure if you already have something picked out but that might be the most convenient way to get a rental. When we dropped off we were able to hop on a Disney bus over to the parks so I would think they could get you there as well.
__________________
Me DH DS5 DS2 DS2

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
TXGRMAMA
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 73

ME will not take you to MCO unless they have confirmation on your flight out and it must be for that day.

But as the previous poster said there is an Alamo/National rental car location near Magic Kingdom. There is another brand of rental car (not sure which one) on Hotel Plaza Blvd near Downtown Disney. So check out all the rental car companies you might want to use. I don't believe you will need to go to the airport,
TXGRMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:05 AM   #4
Kimberle
WL Vet
 
Kimberle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,798

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGRMAMA View Post
ME will not take you to MCO unless they have confirmation on your flight out and it must be for that day.

But as the previous poster said there is an Alamo/National rental car location near Magic Kingdom. There is another brand of rental car (not sure which one) on Hotel Plaza Blvd near Downtown Disney. So check out all the rental car companies you might want to use. I don't believe you will need to go to the airport,
Actully, ME will take you to the airport. You are entitled to one trip from the ap and one trip to the ap. They do not confirm flights. Just give them a flight number that leaves about 3 hours from when you want to arrive at the ap.
__________________
Aug 01 CR, N Wing Sept 02 Country Inn & Suites, Calypso Cay Sept 03 WL, Crtyd view
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level


Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
patty57
DIS Veteran
 
patty57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 1,947

Alamo & National are also located in the Dolphin lobby.
__________________
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:33 AM   #6
bethclayton
DIS Veteran
 
bethclayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 705

Quote:
Originally Posted by jke2013 View Post
. Does anyone know whether 2 cribs or pack and plays fit in the Pop room? If yes, only a king room or a room with 2 doubles?


Thanks!
oh my gosh, i think it would be tight! we stayed at pop once and we loved it, but it was a really small room, and that was with just 4 of us, and my kids were little. i remember actually being a little bit shocked at how tiny the room was. someone may have found a way to fit two cribs in there, but i have to warn you, you will not have much room to move around. i would definitely suggest pack and plays instead of cribs because i don't see any way you could leave the cribs up all day. at least a pack and play you can fold up when they're awake.

hopefully someone with more experience in this area can help!
__________________
Me DH DS (12) DD (14)
CBR May 2006~POP Dec 2007~AKL Jan 2009~GF RPC March 2010~GF/ Poly CL Dec 2010~GF RPC April 2012~BC CL/ GF RPC Aug 2013
bethclayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by jke2013 View Post
I'm new to the site. We just recently decided to take a Disney vacation. We figured it would work best to take the vacation before we have to pay for all 3 kids to fly and pay admission to the park.

We have 10 month old twins. They will be 13 months by the time we go on vacation. We have a singleton who will be 4 by the time we go on vacation. He is a HUGE Star Wars fan and we think he will LOVE attending SWW. Anyway, I recall seeing a post from a mom with twins who said they stayed in a value resort with the twins but now that I want to reference it, can't find it. Does anyone know whether 2 cribs or pack and plays fit in the Pop room? If yes, only a king room or a room with 2 doubles?

2nd question, we're doing a split stay between the resort and off site to visit some friends. We're going to rent a minivan for the 2nd half of the trip. Do you think the ME bus would take me to the airport the night before we check out to pick up the minivan? Or am I going to have to take a taxi? I think going the night before after the kids are sleeping (they go to sleep relatively early) would make the next morning much smoother!

Thanks!
You are considered a family of 4. You have two under the age of three, but only one counts towards the room occupancy.

Values tend to be much smaller than moderates, so two pak-n-plays gets very tight. But it is doable. Some moms report they rely on packing cubes or pack each day's outfit for each child in a ziplock bag for really good organization. Also utilize an over the door shoe organizer. I used this when we have multiple adults in one room - great for holding little stuff. For the little ones, it could be diapers, toys, books, etc. You would be amazed how much stuff those things can hold!

If it is possible to move up to a moderate, I would do it. But the above-mentioned items would really help in a value. Plus once they turn three, you will have to move up to a moderate, so now would be your last opportunity to stay in a value.

Also, a king bed room only allows two plus one under the age of 3, so you will always be getting two beds.

ME will give you one trip from the resort and one trip back to the airport per person per trip. All you have to do is call ME and give them a time when you wish to arrive at the airport and they will set you up with a time and a bus from your resort that will arive about that time.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,056

We have stayed twice in value resorts with our twins and 2 pack n plays is not a problem. We moved the small table and chairs a bit towards the dresser area and put both pack n playsby the window. You could also put one between the beds and one by the window. We also had a large double stroller and since we drive to wdw, a lot of stuff. My boys have food allergies so we bring a lot of food from home including a large ice chest. We had plenty of space. The rooms are small but manageable. Can't offer any advice on the ME.
__________________
Me , DH , DS 3 , and DS 3
twinboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
jke2013
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 31

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboysmom View Post
We have stayed twice in value resorts with our twins and 2 pack n plays is not a problem. We moved the small table and chairs a bit towards the dresser area and put both pack n playsby the window. You could also put one between the beds and one by the window. We also had a large double stroller and since we drive to wdw, a lot of stuff. My boys have food allergies so we bring a lot of food from home including a large ice chest. We had plenty of space. The rooms are small but manageable. Can't offer any advice on the ME.
Question - did you bring your own PnP's or did the resort provide them? If the resort provided, were they already in the room when you arrived? Were they set up, or due to liability, do you have to set them up?

Haven't figured out how to pull quotes from multiple posts...Missytara. Thank you for the tips. Sounds like how we had to pack when we went on a cruise for my cousin's wedding. At that time, we only had one kid. Packing for 3 kids will take some serious planning and lots of ziplocs

Yes, this will be our last chance to stay in a Value. By the time we come back, we shouldn't have 3 kids in daycare - yeah! So, we'll have some more funds available for travel. I'm more curious to see what it's like to stay 'on property' - I've been to the Orlando area a number of times but have always stayed off property and the only time I have gone to Disney in the last 10+ years was to go to character breakfasts.

To all who mentioned the on-site rental car option, thank you. I priced it out and the cost is almost double to rent from a rental car location at Disney and return to MCO. If I can't get the ME to take me to the airport, I'll just pay for a cab. A cab will be significantly cheaper than renting at Disney and dropping off at MCO.

Thanks everyone!!
jke2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by jke2013 View Post
Question - did you bring your own PnP's or did the resort provide them? If the resort provided, were they already in the room when you arrived? Were they set up, or due to liability, do you have to set them up?

Haven't figured out how to pull quotes from multiple posts...Missytara. Thank you for the tips. Sounds like how we had to pack when we went on a cruise for my cousin's wedding. At that time, we only had one kid. Packing for 3 kids will take some serious planning and lots of ziplocs

Yes, this will be our last chance to stay in a Value. By the time we come back, we shouldn't have 3 kids in daycare - yeah! So, we'll have some more funds available for travel. I'm more curious to see what it's like to stay 'on property' - I've been to the Orlando area a number of times but have always stayed off property and the only time I have gone to Disney in the last 10+ years was to go to character breakfasts.

To all who mentioned the on-site rental car option, thank you. I priced it out and the cost is almost double to rent from a rental car location at Disney and return to MCO. If I can't get the ME to take me to the airport, I'll just pay for a cab. A cab will be significantly cheaper than renting at Disney and dropping off at MCO.

Thanks everyone!!
We went 6 times with the boys from age 18 months until 3 and we sometimes used our own and sometimes used theirs. I think movies was the resorts and music was our own. They have never been set up for us but I always just called housekeeping when we arrived in the room and they brought them quickly (with an exception at CSR). Sometimes due to a language barrier (housekeepers that speak very limited English) they only brought one and when they saw two boys they figured out why I asked for two and brought a second.
__________________
Me , DH , DS 3 , and DS 3
twinboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #11
Winnie23
Earning My Ears
 
Winnie23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 53

Hi, I am laying in my bed right now at Pop Century with a twin in a pack n play on one side of me and another in a pack n play on the other side! We have two beds in this room. We put one pack n play in the middle and the other between the wall and the bed. Then the main walking area is open. It's crowded, but we all fit. We stayed here years ago when our other set of twins were 9 months old and did the same thing. Good luck!!
Winnie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,644
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGRMAMA View Post
ME will not take you to MCO unless they have confirmation on your flight out and it must be for that day.

But as the previous poster said there is an Alamo/National rental car location near Magic Kingdom. There is another brand of rental car (not sure which one) on Hotel Plaza Blvd near Downtown Disney. So check out all the rental car companies you might want to use. I don't believe you will need to go to the airport,
Every single person who has an active WDW resort reservation is entitled to ride the ME bus back to MCO. I have taken the bus back in order to pick up a rental car in the past. No issue at all.
You can either give DME info for a flight that leaves at a time that would get you to MCO at the time you want to pick up your car, or you can just call DME and tell them you need to be at MCO at a certain time. They will give you your pickup time.

To the OP...you won't be able to get a king bed. They aren't given to guests that have more than 2 in their party.
__________________



goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.