DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
eastatlantaguys
Earning My Ears

Our recent DVC experience

For some time I have been stalking the DIS DVC boards and considering buying into DVC. I had thought about resale, I had thought about direct, but up until 2 weeks ago it was more of a fantasy than anything else. So when my partner and I were down 2 weekends ago we decided to go do the DVC tour with me expecting nothing to come from it. Number one it was not anything my partner had ever expressed any interest in and number 2 we had never even discussed it; it turns out I had no idea what was in store for us that day…

They shuttled us over to SSR and everyone was so nice and professional. They took us to get drinks and snacks and showed us to the more private sitting area to wait on our guide and within minutes our guide came over. I was blow away by his level of honesty, intelligence and respect first and foremost. He was not pushy, he answered all of our questions very honestly even if it wasn’t the best thing for the “sale”. By the end of the day we had left making a purchase for AKV; what did we just do?

So of course we get home and start researching resale’s and of course we were like “why did we just pay what we paid” when we could save so much by going resale. We quickly started making some calls and had pretty much decided we were going to cancel even though we had reservations with resale.

I know that I am going to get flamed for saying this, but I didn’t like the fact that we couldn’t use our points for Disney resorts, Collections, cruises ETC… I know it’s not a “good” use of point but I liked the flexibility it added to buying into DVC. So the next morning I called our DVC guide and was very honest with him and said I had some major reservations. He understood and was not pushy at all and said well let’s just cancel the contract while you decide what’s best for you! Then out of nowhere I just asked if they had anything at VWL… After being on hold for a few minutes he came back and said they had a Sept UY and I could still get the 2012 points; back to think tank.

So ultimately we got what we wanted, we purchased direct from Disney for a fraction of the price that AKV would have cost us. I am very comfortable and happy with the decision we made, though it was hard. After researching dues, deeds, complaints etc. I truly feel we made a good decision for us. I like the idea that we just prepaid for the next 30 years of vacations (with the exception of the manageable monthly dues that we can budget easily for).

The biggest reason for this post is to sing my praises to out DVC salesperson/guide. I am in the mortgage business so I know how to spot a shady greasy salesman a mile away; this was not the case here. Everyone we ever came in contact with were nothing but professional and honest and I have been blown away by the level of outstanding customer service. ;-) Now I can’t wait to go to Disneyland and Aulani in May!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
disney queen
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home!!! and woohoo!!!
disney queen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Welcome and congratulations on your membership. The main thing here is that you are happy and that you got what you wanted. Being in the mortgage business I would assume you know what you are looking at.

Hope you have many happy years of trips and memories!!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Congratulations and welcome home!!!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

and may you enjoy planning many years of trips home!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Yay for a decent guide!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Just out of curiosity did they sell you the VWL anywhere near the resale market price? I have thought before that if it were closer I would do the direct. When we visited 3 years ago the price for SSR was nearly twice what we ended up purchasing resale. I love SSR and am happy we are there but plan on going to all of them at some point.

Welcome Home and enjoy!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Disney is very good at what they do, the thing that annoys me is that they have stacked the deck in their favor. Did the Guide offer you VWL when you first met or did he save that card until he thought that he would lose a sale?

We love VWL, it's our 2nd favorite resort.

Bill

Last edited by disneynutz; 01-28-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: sp
disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Remember that all those extras, cruises, Disney Collection,etc, could go away next year if DVC wanted to. You are only guaranteed a DVC resort stay after all.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Welcome home!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you got what you wanted and are comfortable with your purchase. Sounds like you guys are informed buyers. VWL are wonderful. We purchased 20 years ago next month and would do it again in a heartbeat. May you enjoy many years of making memories!
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2014: SSR & OKW - December
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
rmcildw2m
DIS Veteran

welcome home
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!!

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran

Congrats and welcome home!
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #15
thebigman65
Certified Disney Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Disney is very good at what they do, the thing that annoys me is that they have stacked the deck in their favor. Did the Guide offer you VWL when you first met of did he save that card until he thought that he would lose a sale?

We love VWL, it's our 2nd favorite resort.

Bill
I believe the OP said, that they asked about VWL....not the guide.

Congrats on your purchase and Welcome Home!!

AKL March 2009 Studio - Pop Century Christmas 09 - AKV March 2010 - AKV (F&W) Oct 2010 - AKV March 2011. - SSR Oct 2011. - AKL CL Feb 2012. - AKV Nov 2012. - AKL CL Mar 2013.
thebigman65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: