Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
pat's mom99
Mouseketeer

Making a ressie thru Travelocity vs Disney

I am just booking for 2 nights and there is a $100 difference between the two sites. But I just read on tripadvisor that you get treated differently if you book thru anyone but Disney. Is this true? Any one experience any issues booking thru Travelocity?

Me, DH & DS
pat's mom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
MEK
DIS Veteran

I don't have any personal experience booking through Travelocity or other travel sites, but I have heard of people scoring some really nice deals on room only reservations.

As far as I know - a reservation is a reservation. Just make sure you are comparing both prices appropriately. For example, check and make sure you are not missing some type of promotion Disney has going on. Also factor in your park tickets, trip insurance (if you plan to purchase), and dining plan (if you plan to purchase).

Good luck planning!

Bottom line - someone gets a commission for your room or package. Sometimes using a TA who specializes in Disney can be the way to go.

As far as Magical Express - I am not sure how that works so perhaps someone else does.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
travelingtigger
Earning My Ears

to book travelocity?

I wouldnt book through travelocity. several reasons, the main reason is if you book disney you can book packages that in the long run will make the cost a lot more effective. In that you can customize your package for example you may need 5 nights but only a 3 day ticket. You can also add the meal plan. the cast members are extremely helpful.

One of the biggest and most helpful reasons is if disney offers a better special than what you are booked under ... you can actually call them up and get a refund for the difference. and, if you need to cancel it is easy to cancel a reservation.

It is a lot of fun to talk to a live disney cast member on the phone. the magic begins as soon as you pick that phone up.
travelingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat's mom99 View Post
I am just booking for 2 nights and there is a $100 difference between the two sites. But I just read on tripadvisor that you get treated differently if you book thru anyone but Disney. Is this true? Any one experience any issues booking thru Travelocity?
Once your reservation begins it is exactly the same as any other reservation.

HOWEVER, Disney will not speak to you about your reservation prior to check in as Travelocity owns the reservation. Everything goes through Travelocity.

That may be the difference in treatment people are referring to.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: