Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #61
Elmo9607
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellfan6880 View Post
Yes I have had a cashier at a bookstore say something to me one time. I was a Barnes & Noble in my town back in the summer of 2007 I think. I went into the store to buy a couple of astronomy magazines that only B&N sold that I couldn't find anywhere else. I had five new one dollar bills that day that I had just gotten from the bank. After I handed over the dollar bills the cashier made a joke that because the bills were sticking together. Had asked if I had made that money myself that morning.

Which I found to be not funny because making money like that is against the law. It was just not funny at all to me. I know she said it as a joke but I mean come on you don't make comments like that to someone. Went out to the car and told my father what had happened and we went back in to talk to a manager about what happened.

My goodness! I get this from my customers! Usually whenever I have to mark the bigger bills. It happens ALL THE TIME. So much that it really does get old. I swear it's the oldest cashier 'joke' in the book and has been around for years and years and years. Surely your cashier would have assumed you had heard it before, and I can't believe you would report someone for that.

College Program at Cosmic Ray's January 2011-May 2011
Elmo9607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #62
SAT
Earning My Ears

I guess I don't care what the cashiers say to me to pass the time. Just so long as they don't lose their doo-doo, start cursing at me and take a bite out of my food as they're ringing my order up what difference does it make?

Have we really come to a place where stupid small talk is considered offensive?
SAT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #63
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

I had to nip into the supermarket once, when I got to the checkout I got the cash out of my pocket and found that I had forgotten to take an egg out of my pocket. It was from my cream legbar so it was blue the cashier had never seen a blue egg before (they knew it want one of the store eggs over here ll eggs sold in shops have a code on them saying which farm the egg came from an whether it wa organic or not and caged, barn or free range)

PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #64
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

I was in the supermarket on Friday. I was in the frozen foods section, looking at frozen dinners. An employee was restocking one of the freezers next to me. He looked into my shopping cart, picked up an item and asked me if I had tried it before and if I liked it. I thought it was a little odd...
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #65
JessB320
DIS Veteran

This is funny now, not so much at the time. Happened quite a few years ago. I had just moved in with my now DH we started shipping together .
One day at the checkout the cashier asks DH were he wife is and who I am. I don't know why he even answered her, maybe out of shock but said he was now divorced. She then follows up with oh well is this your nanny then? Referring to me. He says um , no . She says , oh , then turns to me and says then you must be the girlfriend I thought you were the nanny.

We walked out in silence. Once we get to the car I'm like , did that really happen? Over the years it's become apparent this woman has no filter. Needless to say I will wait in a line twice as long to avoid her lol
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #66
Tara922c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes I have had a cashier at a bookstore say something to me one time. I was a Barnes & Noble in my town back in the summer of 2007 I think. I went into the store to buy a couple of astronomy magazines that only B&N sold that I couldn't find anywhere else. I had five new one dollar bills that day that I had just gotten from the bank. After I handed over the dollar bills the cashier made a joke that because the bills were sticking together. Had asked if I had made that money myself that morning.

Which I found to be not funny because making money like that is against the law. It was just not funny at all to me. I know she said it as a joke but I mean come on you don't make comments like that to someone. Went out to the car and told my father what had happened and we went back in to talk to a manager about what happened.

The manager said that they would talk to that cashier. Plus I should add that this was not a teenager that made the comment it was an adult that made the comment and should have known better to say that. I hope I am making sense writing this out it has been a couple of years but something I would never forget.

That is a pretty common joke. I wouldn't be surprised if the manager didn't even talk to the employee about it.
Tara922c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #67
HannaBelle
DIS Veteran

I was stocking up on my preferred brand and size of Tampax a couple of months back and literally bought every box off the shelf and my cashier had a few snide comments.

I guess I am now old enough to not care what she thought about my tampon hoarding. Of course, now Tampax has changed everything over to the pearl version and I hate them.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #68
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara922c View Post
That is a pretty common joke. I wouldn't be surprised if the manager didn't even talk to the employee about it.
I would hope he didn't. I can't believe someone would even complain about something like that. Some people really need to lighten up in life.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #69
hegsag
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The manager said that they would talk to that cashier. Plus I should add that this was not a teenager that made the comment it was an adult that made the comment and should have known better to say that. I hope I am making sense writing this out it has been a couple of years but something I would never forget.
This seriously upset you??? If so, I assume you are the type of person that can't joke around and take everything literally.
hegsag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #70
tinkerbellfan6880
pixie

2014 Reading Challenge: 42 out of 50 books

2013 Reading Challenge Completed: 92 out of 80 books read!

Last edited by tinkerbellfan6880; 01-28-2013 at 04:52 PM.
tinkerbellfan6880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #71
phorsenuf
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Sorry but I didn't find it funny at all when she said that to me. I didn't want to report it but my father was not happy that comment was made to me.
I'm going to assume then you must have been real young when it happened, like 8 or something? Kids that age do tend to take things more literal I guess. But your Dad had to have known she was just joking around. I'm surprised he didn't tell you that nevermind go in and actually complain about it..
Old 01-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #72
kwelch10377
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara922c View Post
They most likely didn't talk to the employee about it, but laugh with the employee about a customer complaining about that, yes.
kwelch10377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #73
tinkerbellfan6880
pixie

2014 Reading Challenge: 42 out of 50 books

2013 Reading Challenge Completed: 92 out of 80 books read!

Last edited by tinkerbellfan6880; 01-28-2013 at 04:52 PM.
tinkerbellfan6880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #74
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellfan6880

Actually I was in my early 20s when it happened. Maybe if I was little it would of not bothered me at all.
I don't want to make matters worse were but I'm really trying to understand what she said that was so offensive.

Me DM DF DSis DB
LongLiveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #75
phorsenuf
Grandma Oboe

Quote:
Actually I was in my early 20s when it happened. Maybe if I was little it would of not bothered me at all.
Holy crap!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: